Scanning Question

Treecat

Young
Ok I am thinking of trying to hunt robots in about a month wanted to know if I can scanning them while killing them will raise my engineering and mechanics faster that making those #%$# dampners CLICKY CLICKY CLICKY is driving me crazy. Also can I scan a robot more than once and is it more economical to raise these skill while scanning than crafting dampners?

Thanks again

Treecat said:
Ok I am thinking of trying to hunt robots in about a month wanted to know if I can scanning them while killing them will raise my engineering and mechanics faster that making those #%$# dampners CLICKY CLICKY CLICKY is driving me crazy. Also can I scan a robot more than once and is it more economical to raise these skill while scanning than crafting dampners?

As far as I know, you don't get engineering from scanning bots. Mechanics yes, but the gains will be slow compared to making dampers. Of course, there is no harm if you are far enough away ( a good enough scanner ).

If you mine, this is by far the best way to build up engineering in the early stages...the gains come quicker and while you are earning money ( ie drilling ). I always think it is best for miner - crafters to mine solely until a minimum 1k engineering to improve their CoS before going into crafting.

If you don't mine, then dampers is your best bet - unless you chip of course ;)

EDIT - Kygon corrected me on the engineering part - just shows how many I got when scanning bots :rolleyes:

Last edited:
you do get both from scanning bots and yes you can scan them as many time as you like over and over :)

Ok decided to run a test

baught a life scanner II and repaired it to 20 peds then scanned a few drone 01 and a few scans on a drone 02 before it killed me

Analysis--- Start level 1 end level 46
Electronics--- Start Level 1 end Level 27
Computer --- Start Level 8 end Level 31
Engineering--- No gain
Mechanics--- Start level 73 end level 82
Probing---- Start level 1 end level 39
Scan Robots--- Start level 1 end level 170

thats the info i have from my test

edit
I scanned until the life scanner II buster at .89 peds

hmmm, interesting, no perception gains :confused:

when scanning humans, I get a ton of perception gains....which of course helps in my mining career... ;)

use TT scanners!

Back