Info: Scopes and Sights- Use on what?

wolfcry044

Mature
Society
United Armed Forces
Wolfcry Wolf UAF
I use Breer M2a. I'm wondering if I put a laser sight and scope [or even two laser sights and a scope] on it, what would it improve, and how economical would it be?

For instance:

1. Would it improve my chances of hitting high damages or does it just improve how often you actually hit the target and that's it?

2. What is skill modification and how does it work? I've heard it gives you more skill, but what do the percentages mean?

3. Is the scope worth it? I've heard the laser sight decays VERY slow, but the scope decays faster.

4. Would it be most beneficial not to use these at all, or to use them?

Thanks!

Scopes and sights help your stats on weapons that you haven't maxed, allow you to hit more, but amps improve the damage not scopes. IF you have a maxed weapon the general opinion is that stats won't get any better so it's a waste of time and peds.

Example..I use maxed (L) weapons, a justifier and a plasma which aren't maxed or even close...the scopes and sights help those two but not the (L) weapons.

This subject has been subject of many threads in the past, search for "effect scopes" and you'll find loads...but this is a good one :-

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ency-scopes-lasers-statistics-discussion.html

The better the scope or sight the greater the modification , and if you have a scope with a laser, and a laser on the weapon itself (3 in total) the mods add up.

It's handy to be able to zoom into a red dot and identify it too of course, especially when it could be a dodgy or even another ava in a PvP zone.

Something that I didn't quite understand was why some ubers who have maxed UL weapons seem to use high end sights and scopes...maybe they can improve UL weapons or they wouldn't bother would they?

They don't decay fast, lasers especially...but maybe best to keep them at 100% so they work their best ...another theory and subject of tests in the past :laugh:

t

I was wondering why people think it increases the HA/Crit on a weapon, when the modification is a skill increase. This suggests to me that it affects your avatars skill, not the weapons efficiency.

But I will have to read some of the research.

*EDIT*
read the research, but the research doesn't seem to address or differentiate results that would show whether or not it's your skill that is being affected, or the weapon.
Maybe the numbers got too much and I missed something :scratch2:

Last edited:
attachments increase your skill by the % ammount. if you have lvl50 and apply 50% of modifier via scopes and lasers, you now have lvl75.

what one needs to bear in mind is the difference between 0HA and 10HA is somthing like 10-12% from a base of 80%. so in the above example you'd go from 85% hit rate to 87.5%, which migth not be noticable with lag and human error thown in.

if it were the case that it increased youe skill gain rate, that would be very easy to test and show: half dozen runs with attachments followed by same without, noting carfully skills before/after each run. 50% skill gain chage would be very obvious.

if you are using maxed L dont bother, save the money for spending on ammo.

attachments increase your skill by the % ammount. if you have lvl50 and apply 50% of modifier via scopes and lasers, you now have lvl75.

if you are using maxed L dont bother, save the money for spending on ammo.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I thought it was like this. :thumbup:
The other thing I was wondering, is - does that mean that (for example) if you're not yet at SIB period with a weapon (next weapon of progression in SIB), and you were to apply scopes/sights, would you effectively be using the weapon as if you were @ the level to utilise it's SIB?
If so, would you then get the SIB, as you would if your true stats were in that SIB period?

Again, thanks for clearing up my initial enquiry :)

The other thing I was wondering, is - does that mean that (for example) if you're not yet at SIB period with a weapon (next weapon of progression in SIB), and you were to apply scopes/sights, would you effectively be using the weapon as if you were @ the level to utilise it's SIB?
If so, would you then get the SIB, as you would if your true stats were in that SIB period?

not sure. sounds unlikly since the mods only affect profession and the damage is just as important for being within SIB. it is probably worth putting scope+lasers on once you are in the SIB though, untill maxed.

A good use of scopes is where there is fog like at Fury, you can scope in and the fog clears, very useful :cool:

Ok, thanks a ton. = )
I use maxed so I won't bother with them I guess.

I like them because they look cool.:cool:

Something that I didn't quite understand was why some ubers who have maxed UL weapons seem to use high end sights and scopes...maybe they can improve UL weapons or they wouldn't bother would they?

Some of the really old uber weapons still improve past proffession level 100

As your professions passes level 100 the range on the weapon continues to increase. Theres some screenshots somewhere but I don't have them handy.

Hence some people still put scopes and sights on their uber UL weapons to get that extra little bit of range. Rather usefull at times, especially in PvP ;)

Back