Selling skills?

Kalakaster

Hatchling
I read forums and somewhere was told that u can sell skills, but how do i sell them and how much do i get per how much skills?

to sell skills, you need to chip them out... to do than you need an empty skill implant (ESI)

It'll be a while b4 your skills are worth selling.. rather than go through all the bits and pieces and... costs and sales vary greatley...read "Alices' guide".

how much do i get per how much skills?

each skill point has a TT value, which increases exponentially per the level of the skill (I.e. if I only had 500 skill points in rifle, and used an ESI to chip out all 500 points, I'd only get a skill chip worth significantly less than if I had 3000 rifle and chipped out 500 points)

there is a chart that i've seen before with the approximate tt value of skills at each level... I can't remember the link off the top of my head...

for what it's worth, the first 500 skill points you get in a category are worth next to nothing TT wise (I think 1 ped). I tried chipping out all 600 of my handgun as a noob and was greatly dissapointed when i only got a chip worth 1.70

in terms of how much skills are worth when you sell them, it depends how hard the skills are to get... Rifle, laser weapons tech,and anatomy, which everyone has alot of , are worth a bit over 1000%,, or 10x the value of the chip... considering that an ESI sells for 800%, chipping out these skills would barely pay for the auction fee...

other, harder to get skills, like coloring and manufacturing, can be worth over 100 times their tt value... check auctioin for precise %...

bare in mind, that when you chip out your a skill, 10% is lost in the chipping process... so it's not something that's good to learn via trial and error

each skill point has a TT value, which increases exponentially per the level of the skill (I.e. if I only had 500 skill points in rifle, and used an ESI to chip out all 500 points, I'd only get a skill chip worth significantly less than if I had 3000 rifle and chipped out 500 points)

there is a chart that i've seen before with the approximate tt value of skills at each level... I can't remember the link off the top of my head...

for what it's worth, the first 500 skill points you get in a category are worth next to nothing TT wise (I think 1 ped). I tried chipping out all 600 of my handgun as a noob and was greatly dissapointed when i only got a chip worth 1.70

in terms of how much skills are worth when you sell them, it depends how hard the skills are to get... Rifle, laser weapons tech,and anatomy, which everyone has alot of , are worth a bit over 1000%,, or 10x the value of the chip... considering that an ESI sells for 800%, chipping out these skills would barely pay for the auction fee...

other, harder to get skills, like coloring and manufacturing, can be worth over 100 times their tt value... check auctioin for precise %...

bare in mind, that when you chip out your a skill, 10% is lost in the chipping process... so it's not something that's good to learn via trial and error

Great info for us N00bs! Thank you Lilac - I don't think I read anywhere about the 10% loss... good to know now

Great info for us N00bs! Thank you Lilac - I don't think I read anywhere about the 10% loss... good to know now

thanks... glad it was appreciated...

mind you, it's just 10% of the skill you put in the chip, not total skill... i.e. i think the way it goes is if you put 5 ped tt worth of skill in a chip, you get a chip worth 4.50...

the important thing to know, if you're a newer player, is that for most people,

chipping out is only good:

1: if you have actually quit a given profession.

2: to experiment with game mechanics or skill bonuses...

3: because you were only skilling 1 profession to cross skill in another one (questionable tactic, but i know one person who just skilled handgun to chip out and use towards rifle).

what it is not good for is "skill farming " for profit. unless you have really clearcut goals, a great understanding of game mechanics, and know exactly who you want your avatar to be in game, this will not work.

Back