Seperate Domes buyers paradise or tax war?

LeWolf86

Stalker
Society
Tax Collectors
Garrett MrEarth Clark
Well if the current buyer doesn't buy CND... could selling domes seperately be a buyers paradise or a tax war nightmare?

Many more people could and might be willing to invest in a piece of CND rather then the whole chunk... as its a much more affordable purchase....

But could this cause people to tax their land to be competitive with the other domes? Even though Im sure each dome would have its flavour either with a mob or its unique mining materials....

There could definitely be a tax war if the domes are split. Personally, I think that splitting up the domes is a low move. ND would retain the ownership of the name to the "Asteroid Space Resort". He doesn't need it anymore, he has RockTropia.

Well with most pricing wars I think it would bring down the price not inflate them. I would also imagine the owners would ban together and agree on such things and maybe even advertise and do events together to lower the cost on such things.

unless there are unique mobs :)

and also when i go to CND i dont really care about tax changes from dome to dome... say 1-2% change doesnt effect my mining...

Well with most pricing wars I think it would bring down the price not inflate them. I would also imagine the owners would ban together and agree on such things and maybe even advertise and do events together to lower the cost on such things.

Only problem with them agreeing on and setting prices is that it can be considered price fixing. Any way I look at it, I really think the whole "split up the domes" idea is messy, unneeded, and lazy of ND. I really hope that the person who was interested in buying the ASR outright comes through on their end of the deal.

Do you mean like how most of the hanger owners banned together to form the "pilot line"
That didn't lower the cost of a flight.:wise:

I hope whoever buys it has enough ped left to put Prote dna in one of the domes .. might make the trip to cnd worth while for hunters again.

I hope whoever buys it has enough ped left to put Prote dna in one of the domes .. might make the trip to cnd worth while for hunters again.

Even though I can't hunt prots yet, I totally agree. What unique mobs does CND have that anyone gives a damn about? Dasps. That's it.

If the next owner has an IQ above 40, they'll invest in some prot DNA to equal out the hunting PEDs spent between CP and the ASR (CND).

There are daspletors up there :)))))

I think the effort of the new owners should be force FPC/MA fix the bugs up there...

Any way I look at it, I really think the whole "split up the domes" idea is messy, unneeded, and lazy of ND.

Yep, quite messy indeed... And a bit weird, as there would be the question about who owns the non-dome areas, the 'coming' sporting arena, etc? :scratch2:

Do you mean like how most of the hanger owners banned together to form the "pilot line"
That didn't lower the cost of a flight.:wise:

No, but it made it easier for the pilots to get passengers... and bring up prices to earn more :silly2:

Oligopoly

(Definition from Social Science Dictionaries & Glossaries) - A situation in which a small number of firms dominate a given industry or market. When four or fewer firms supply fifty percent or more of a given market the effects of oligopoly become apparent. These effects are reputed to be a rise in price and a lowering of quality because of the decline of competition (see also MONOPOLY)

(Campbell R. Harvey's Hypertextual Finance Glossary) - A market characterized by a small number of producers who often act together to control the supply of a particular good and its market price.

(Definition from Social Science Dictionaries & Glossaries) - A situation in which a small number of firms dominate a given industry or market. When four or fewer firms supply fifty percent or more of a given market the effects of oligopoly become apparent. These effects are reputed to be a rise in price and a lowering of quality because of the decline of competition (see also MONOPOLY)

(Campbell R. Harvey's Hypertextual Finance Glossary) - A market characterized by a small number of producers who often act together to control the supply of a particular good and its market price.

nothing to add to that. :) However I don`t think ND has deeds for every single dome anyway..... :rolleyes: or does he? :ahh:

nothing to add to that. :) However I don`t think ND has deeds for every single dome anyway..... :rolleyes: or does he? :ahh:

If so... shouldn't that of been in the agreement during sale... could of added value... or is it like TI... changes happen as time goes on to benefit the big investors?

Well the buyer of domes 16 % 17, the dasp domes will have a immediate advantage :)

theres enough variation between domes in terms of mobs and ores available to discourage any "tax war". though i can see any buyers agreeing to set the same tax anyway, at least for say mining domes, with higher tax for dasp/other mob domes.

He shouldnt be allowed to split the domes up. If he doesnt get the price he wants for it, then tough. I am sure there are plenty of other people in entropia who have lost money on the items they have bought. He only paid $100k for it in the first place. He should count himself lucky that he is getting more for it than he actually paid, with the recession and all.

Even though I can't hunt prots yet, I totally agree. What unique mobs does CND have that anyone gives a damn about? Dasps. That's it.

If the next owner has an IQ above 40, they'll invest in some prot DNA to equal out the hunting PEDs spent between CP and the ASR (CND).

nobody goes there to hunt all the tax is from mineing even if there was a worthwile dna up there most wouldnt make the trip anyway

nobody goes there to hunt all the tax is from mineing even if there was a worthwile dna up there most wouldnt make the trip anyway

What's the max maturity for prots on Calypso? Anyone know? :confused:

Personally, I don't think the workload justifies splitting the rock. I only say that assuming ND has to manage his dome "managers", their tax distribution and fert.

Back