Server borders

ermik

Elite
ermik ermik ermik
Anyone have a list or map of these, please pm me id like to do some testing.

cheers

ermik

Don't have a map but I can tell you this - you're not going to get any loot on them ;)

He doesn't want any loot, he's interested if there are any in PVP because he wants to cross them many time so the invulnerability shield is ON so he can PK avatars at will:)

Ha, got you Emik:p

He doesn't want any loot, he's interested if there are any in PVP because he wants to cross them many time so the invulnerability shield is ON so he can PK avatars at will:)

Ha, got you Emik:p

i dont need that kind of bug abuse to stay alive in pvp thank you.

this is actually information i need for an experiment im thinking of undertaking.

sure i could just get the info myself, but it would take time from my experiment and i dont want to invent the weel if its already out there :)

Are not server borders very easy to spot on the map and sometimes also on the ground? :silly2:

Yeah I was always under the impression that each server is in control of one square of the "grid" that is formed and relatively easy to see when looking at the map. I've ran across these lines before and noticed a slight hiccup or that one area was lit just SLIGHTLY differently than the other, which I figured was an effect from the dynamic lighting and movement of the sun. Add to that Crysis servers and maps are always run on perfect square areas as well.

just look really close at the map you can see them all once you know what to look for, every server is a block the same size. when you run around they are 100 times more easy to spot maybe that will help you a little.

Yeah, agreed. But how many metres from the server boundary?

To tell the truth I don't know but I avoid hunting close to them; as to minerals you can sometimes get nice finds along the edges but never took the time to figure how close.

look at areas between Eudoria and Amethera and it becomes apparent where map ends.

Servers are 8192x8192 meters. So just use your location to find any boundary you want.

Its also pretty easy to see the 'server squares' on the map, as all the geometry follows them heh. You don't really notice it when playing, unless you are on top of a boarder(some of them are inconsistent land geometry) but if you look at the map, its really obvious(and dumb looking).

thanks all, i have the info i need :)

cheers

ermik

this was probably already answered but....

there are 'revival zones' and then servers. if you zoom out on the map you can clearly see the map is made up of very large squares, i think the number is 17 for eudoria and 15 for amethera and then the 2 new servers connecting them. very easy to see :)

Back