Set bonus armors

remontoire

Marauder
Society
Bravo Three-Nil
John itwasntme Remontoire
So, it is now apparently possible for armors to have extra bonuses if part of a set of 7 / 5 / 3 pieces. Your thoughts on it?

If I'm hit on the my hand, it doesn't hurt as much if I wear matching shoes? :scratch2:
Doesn't make much sense imo.

I suppose set bonuses are popular in magical fantasy RPGs, but it's just plain silly here.

I have imp vigi thighs. Let all those other parts drop ma!

I suppose set bonuses are popular in magical fantasy RPGs, but it's just plain silly here.

It's very easy to give it good science grounds, like better efficiency due to better compatibility of the parts.

I am a big fan of the idea, I play guild wars 2 also where you can have some special trait on your armor using sigil, the more sigil you have the better the bonus trait becomes just like the new armor and new plates.
Also they have a consommable system that provide a temporary boost, like +10% crit dmg or +10% critical hit, +25% speed, more vitality, toughness and even extra % magic (known as item here) find/gold (oils,wool,hide etc) find.
They also have that famous AEGIS system the new adj/imp/mod plates are providing, so yeah i am a big fan, they dont force us to use that but made it available here.

I am a big fan of the idea, I play guild wars 2 also where you can have some special trait on your armor using sigil, the more sigil you have the better the bonus trait becomes just like the new armor and new plates.
Also they have a consommable system that provide a temporary boost, like +10% crit dmg or +10% critical hit, +25% speed, more vitality, toughness and even extra % magic (known as item here) find/gold (oils,wool,hide etc) find.
They also have that famous AEGIS system the new adj/imp/mod plates are providing, so yeah i am a big fan, they dont force us to use that but made it available here.

well maybe they dont force you to use it but if you are serious about the game how can one avoid things like this if they are added, its a bit like saying you dont have to use L guns you can just use old-school UL at lvl 10 if you wish.
i understand why you are a fan of the idea, and why some others might be, but the point people are missing, and MA is too, is that if they make this game too much like other games by copying them then they risk people thinking why not play wow or guildwars if im going to be buffing and sigil-ing and have soulbound items, after all, you are then only paying the price of the game or a 15 dollar subscription instead of near limitless amounts of money.

So, it is now apparently possible for armors to have extra bonuses if part of a set of 7 / 5 / 3 pieces. Your thoughts on it?

link to the info? I have no idea what your talking about :(

link to the info? I have no idea what your talking about :(

Look at the Earth Shock Troop (M/F,L) armor on sale from the Calypso Combat token trader. It has a bonus to critical damage if you are using 7 / 5 / 3 pieces of it.

ah ok, thanks for the info, im on Monria so cant see it, but will check it out when im back on caly.

What are the normal protection stats with it?

well maybe they dont force you to use it but if you are serious about the game how can one avoid things like this if they are added, its a bit like saying you dont have to use L guns you can just use old-school UL at lvl 10 if you wish.
i understand why you are a fan of the idea, and why some others might be, but the point people are missing, and MA is too, is that if they make this game too much like other games by copying them then they risk people thinking why not play wow or guildwars if im going to be buffing and sigil-ing and have soulbound items, after all, you are then only paying the price of the game or a 15 dollar subscription instead of near limitless amounts of money.

Standard procedure - copy the good ideas, leave the rest. If we benefit from it and no-one loses there is every reason to add it to entropia.

ah ok, thanks for the info, im on Monria so cant see it, but will check it out when im back on caly.

What are the normal protection stats with it?

IIRC - 28 imp, 14 cut, 11 stab, 24 burn, 11 sharpnel, 32 pene. Its fairly expensive in tokens, 660 former mission tokens for harness, as an example.

How much additional critical hit damage increases eco? I guess vs proterons it would be nice boost...

If I'm hit on the my hand, it doesn't hurt as much if I wear matching shoes? :scratch2:
Doesn't make much sense imo.

Not so silly really, we have mindforce chips and such already. The armor set bonuses could easily fit in by being explained as mindforce effects. The more armor you have from a set the better it all works together and the bigger the mindforce style buffs you get.

See, fits right in with EU ;) Heck they could even make it take a bit of ME to power the effects, give the sweaters something to cheer about, lol.

Back