Help: sharing uber resolution grabs

osten

Dominant
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Eon Ost Turf
I have some screengrabs at über resolution that I'd like to share, but afaik, the rules forbids external links, and gallery or personal album doesnt allow this resolution. Any suggestions?
The resolution is 6592x2560, and files are 14-25MB.

Upload to imgur and post links here.

Links aren't forbidden, only embedding of external images is.

Seems like imgur doesnt like my files, so Ill keep trying..

EDIT: Dang, imgur wont allow more than 10Mb images.. Making them jpg will loose the quality :/

I find PNG files are better than JPG.

PNG is lossless whereas jpg isn't but they can result in files that are much bigger in size unless you've tried saving jpg's with 100% quality then they can just get bigger and bigger.

You could also try sharing them via google drive as I've downloaded files well over 1Gb from there.

Publish a document, spreadsheet, presentation, or drawing

Last edited:
If you're using Photoshop, you can export for web and select maximum quality for original (instead of optimized). You can always slightly adjust final quality of the original.

PNG is lossless whereas jpg isn't but they can result in files that are much bigger in size unless you've tried saving jpg's with 100% quality then they can just get bigger and bigger.

You could also try sharing them via google drive as I've downloaded files well over 1Gb from there.

Publish a document, spreadsheet, presentation, or drawing

Hence if you want to show quality, use PNG the file will be smaller than original right? :)

I was using PNG. Raw files at 24bit colordepth at this resolution is 50Mb, so the PNG manages lossless ~30-50% depending on details. I will give google docs or flickr a try, but I left the grabs at work, so it will have to wait until tomorrow, or whatever day I care to go to work :p

Hence if you want to show quality, use PNG the file will be smaller than original right? :)

Depends on the content, if it's solid blocks of uniform colour then it might but with RL or where there are lots of different coloured pixels it's usually the other way around.

Last edited:
Back