Should ET use this forum, or EF when it gets back?

Should ET use this forum, or EF when it gets back?

• FPC Forum

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • EntropiaForum

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Starfinder

Elite
Society
Planet Express
Ms. Kazzza 'Starfinder' Milla
As the title says.
Since ET isent centered arround planet calypso, I am wondering if I should use this forum as the official ET forum... or EF when it gets back?

Comments?

both?

(havent voted as theres no other or both option)

I have never been a fan of checking n-1 forums each day.

So, it will be one forum I am going to post all news and do "support from".
I might pop by from time to time on the various forums, but I am not going to post the same threads on several forums.. :)

I would probably say EF when it gets back up, as PCF is only going to be for Calypso stuff, while Tracker covers all of EU.

tbh, its a hard choice... and a decision I want to make to lol (not for ET ofc lol). On one hand there is the history and information and recognized members and ease of use etc that staying here provides...

On the other, This is now predominantly one planets forum in direct competition now with Rocktropia's forum etc... I liked the old EF as u could see all...

Hmm think I just realised which one I will stick with... but your best to reflect in a couple o weeks to see how the new EF will develop and userbase etc.

I have never been a fan of checking n-1 forums each day.

So, it will be one forum I am going to post all news and do "support from".
I might pop by from time to time on the various forums, but I am not going to post the same threads on several forums.. :)

On ep, they have set up some sub forums to automatically post threads based on a RSS Feed, perhaps its possible to setup something similar with whatever one of the two, EP and PCF, come out on bottom? :)

I didnt vote

If you are going to post on only 1 forum, then the calypso forum is not the one to be doing it on.
With 2 planets already going, 2 in the very near future and more being announced I think it would be in your best interest to be accessible to all of them. I don't know what EF has planned and how well or rapidly it will become re-established but I think either there or EP would be best for you to base your operations out of. Ive personally always thought that you and EP could do something great by working together so still kind of have that in the back of my mind.

Good luck with the changes and keep up the good work,

narfi

Since this no longer is the forum of the whole Entroipa Universe I think is better if you wait for 711 to open the new EF or use Entropiaplanets forum.

I've never been a fan of checking more than one forum either...

I'll probably mostly check this one...

So I vote this one.

Im not sure if this is possible, but can you make the main part on say EF (when it's up) then feed the appropriate globals to the appropriate forums..

Ex: all PC globals come to this forum, all RT globals go to RT forum...... etc.. :D

That is ofcourse if it can be done and if the majority would like it.. ;)

Im not sure if this is possible, but can you make the main part on say EF (when it's up) then feed the appropriate globals to the appropriate forums..

Ex: all PC globals come to this forum, all RT globals go to RT forum...... etc.. :D

That is ofcourse if it can be done and if the majority would like it.. ;)

Can be done.. up to the individual forum owners if they want it :)

I think at the short term would be wise to be here.

Longer term, I think EF will catch up in number of users fast once it has established.

I think around a few months for EF to come back normal again.

dandy

or neither. create your own formu for ET related support. other than support, im not sure the need for a forum anyway.

i think one will have to get used to multiple forums as more planets come on line. each will probably have their own, if you wish to capture their audience you will need a presence there. or on all the multiverse forums such as Entropia Planets and Entropia Forums should it return. im not sure many will bother to recreate accounts there, unless for somthing specific.

i think you must use the forum where people stay

I guess it's really dependant on where you want the focus of ET to be... Calypso, or the entire universe?

I would say go entropiaplanets. Et should remain independant.

PCF ofc (too short)

i voted this forum...we are all here already. Moreover tracker has now kind of "bless" from MA/FPC so why not uding their official forum ?

ef.. because its not linked only to Calypso

Remember when considering the results of this post, that you are asking this one the forum that is now owned by one planet, but perhaps more important: in a community that was "born" on Calypso and is used to this community, regardless of the URL they need to type in.

People that are planning to stay on this forum and don't want to go to any other forum will vote for PCF, but they might go to the "universal" EF if they need help. On a universal forum, the people that you can reach will be larger in the long run.

Good luck with your decision :)

third party option looks more attractive 4 me

This one as i will only be checking the official one.
And also because most other planets will most likely utterly fail unless they got a shitload of money to advertise, and so far they dont seem to have that money so they will fail :) well except censor planet.

No one know how long it will take for EF to revive and regen, so I think you should stay here or go on EP (if they let you get in) for a while or just post and bump a link to your own tracker's news / support page(s) on every planet's forums.

Anyway, since 711 "sold our souls" to FPC without even asking our opinion (I guess he did not let go away "his" database for free), he will now rebuild EF and try to sell it to MA sooner or later ("I" think that's his plan). When this time will come, I think it would be best to jump in MA's Entropia Forum for sure.

Until then, I dont know. Like you I dont want to copy / paste everything I write from one forum to another again and again and again until I realized I just get sold again.

why not keep it at entropiatracker.com ?
ET users are on entropiatrackers website.
choosing any other place may be an hard trick.

planetcalypsoforum is centered on calypso.

At the moment the tracker covers the wole EU, but with new planets, to cover all of them each planet should be covered by et clients if Mindark restrict globals channel planetside.

this forums seems to be the better choice. the tracker is for thew community and the community is here. Whether this forum belongs to a planet partner or not is irrelevant, its the forum of the first planet. You can start on planet Michael in 3 years, but i am sure if youre interested in whats going on, you come to PCF, simply because those other fora wont be so loaded with info as this one.

From a buisness perspective...all of them.
And if it was not about the money, the usage of your site would be ad sponsored and free for users :D

Back