should i stay with H400 L

Status

punkout

Hatchling
hey guys need some help here... i use the H400 L maxxed with A104 amp without any lasers or scope and was thinking of changing to something like the karma killer, but my hit ability is 3.6/10. I would ideally like to use my current SIB weapon (which i think is the HL12) but the mark up is ridiculous...should I change or stay with the with this setup??

thankyou

Next step i would think is the Breer P5.
You might want to try one out.

I would not use the karma , why not consider a HL6 or the H21 scrof they are bouth very low in markup and do more dmg .

I´d say stay with korss400/p5a all time.

If you are comfortable with the dps of korss for the mobs you hunt, stay with it. Doesn't hurt to have a higher dps maxed weapon as backup

I use the Korss 400(L) all the time. In fact, I basically stopped using SIB weapons when I was able to pick up a Korss. There are very few instances where I switch weapons....

If I cannot loot a Korss, or get one on auc at a decent MV, then I get a Breer P5 (L). It is a bit slower in the re-fire (50 shots/second, vs. 57 shots/sec) but it gets the job done, and does a bit more DPS.

On occassion, I will get a higher lvl pistol, but usually if I am going on a big soc hunt with big mobs.

Personally, I do not think the increased DPS for the HL8, 11 & 12 is worth the markup. On the plus side, once you hit lvl 39 laser pistoleer/ranged laser, the HL 14 (L) is a great pistol, and market value is falling, since the frescoquoda seems to drop them a lot.

My advice, keep plugging away with the korss/P5, unless you absolutely need a bigger pistol with more DPS.

Forget the KK, stick with a P5a until you get to HL14 level (unless the HL14 price goes back up).

Gypsy

Scrof is also a nice gun with quite a low MU and a bit better DPS than H400 or P5.
Karmakiller on the other hand is fun to use, if one does not look at how un-eco that usage is.
Matter of preference, at the moment I prefer the Scrof, HL14 if I get my wages and Karma Killer if I win in the lottery :D

I always used laser and use laser for mid to low size mobs now and for teams, for anything else I had to swictch my hunting style.
It was at this point i bought a beast amp and have just skilled to max cb24, now if dante was any cheaper :/

I've maxed korss and p5a well over a year ago and I'm using it now. To be more specific: I use p5a (L) with A104 atm (and with amp upgrade planned for near future). It's not the most fancy weapon around, doesn't look amazing, doesn't have fancy sounds and so on, but it's a workhorse which gets the job done. Has also one advantage over HL6: range. Not much of advantage, but one shot extra until mob starts chewing you.
SIB? Overrated. What I require from a weapon is being reliable. I need to know, how much damage I deal with it and have it on some steady level. If I want more skills, auctioneer has several pages of them, you can choose whatever you like ^^. So instead of paying crazy (for me, for someone it may be ok) markup for weapons I have SIB on, I prefer to spend extra peds on ammo. Keeps my depos under control...

So yes, buy KK or EP41, hide it in storage and forget that you have it and keep running with p5a until you can either use that stored weapon efficiently or get some cheap weapon with SIB. You can also try some other SIB path, like melee from time to time to ease the pain of grinding...

Karma killer and the H400 you will probably do same dps or karma killer will be slightly better, but that do not mean anything, you will still gain a lots of skills using the h400, upgrade your amp to a105 if possible a106 instead of the Karma killer,.

Keep the h400,.

Forget SIB. Stick to what you can use effectively.

i am a lvl 28 and i still use the korss with a laser adn sight and unless you need more damage then go up on weapons other wise you cant beat the 400 with the MU today

depends what ur goin for

Ther korrs with 104 is hard to top in terms of eco....

Aternatives might be hl6 hl8, as mentioned pa5, or could go with beast amp and blp pistols, and go for isis bl1000, also a nice setup.

As mentioned you should try and get a very clear picture of what u want to accomplish with change of weapons, as theres no general good reason not to use the korrs.

If u have armor and skills and peds to back it up, hunting bigger might be profitable, but unless u decide to try for that, stick with korrs.

Ohh also isis cb19 with beast has similar dps to korrs, a bit worse eco - but better range - so if just for some variations, it might be a good alternative to also skill rifle and blp.

H400 all day.
All other guns for some time to come are too expensive both in MU and in decay.
KK will tear your PED card to pieces, even with scope and sight (or should that be, ESPECIALLY with...?).

Im not sure where your at after a few months since this was posted but I`m all too familiar where you are at level wise. I burned through many a korss in the past. I`ve been keeping an h400 I looted around for plinking but since I was gunning for coolness with handgun my main focus I have been burning through several hl12`s. They are a nice gun but as said mu and decay are a bit high. The key is to use them for what they are. A bigger mob gun. Mobs with high regen like trox. In that case they have a better shot of paying for themselves as opposed to other mobs. And you could try and target mobs that drop guns you may like to use which would be a bonus to loot something. All this assumes you want to stay with handguns. If not then there are more alternatives out there for you with a smaller cost.

H400 all day.
All other guns for some time to come are too expensive both in MU and in decay.

So true. (2013: replace h400 with breer p5). But this thread is from 2009.
So 3½ years on no progress has been made? On the contrary, the situation even more ridiculous with korss/LRxx/HLxx completely removed from loot and markup of guns in AH going through the roof.

Put guns back in hunting loot for the good of the game please.

Korss H400 (L)
Damage/Second:24.43 HP
Damage/pec: 2.878 HP

Breer P5a (L)
Damage/Second:24.70 HP
Damage/pec: 2.862 HP

Imperium Pilot Scorpion Rank 19 (L)
Damage/Second: 27.43 HP
Damage/pec: 2.870 HP

Imperium Pilot Scorpion Rank 24 (L)
Damage/Second: 31.82 HP
Damage/pec: N/A

Korss H400 (L)
Damage/Second:24.43 HP
Damage/pec: 2.878 HP

Breer P5a (L)
Damage/Second:24.70 HP
Damage/pec: 2.862 HP

Imperium Pilot Scorpion Rank 19 (L)
Damage/Second: 27.43 HP
Damage/pec: 2.870 HP

Imperium Pilot Scorpion Rank 24 (L)
Damage/Second: 31.82 HP

So the progress made in 3½ years is that the h400-cap switched name to breer p5-cap, and now there's even more lvl20 - 35dps guns for me to shoot. Maybe the cap has improved from 35 to 40 dps or so, but that still doesn't change the fact that people want to, and should be able to, use a gun that matches their skill.

After all these years I think it is really about time to remove this dps cap.

Reward people for skilling up, let people hunt with a gun that fits their lvl.

Put guns back in hunting loot!:(

Herman CAP-21 Jungle (L)
Damage/second: 29.84 HP
Damage/pec: 2.817 HP

Herman CAP-22 Arctic (L)
Damage/second : 29.40 HP
Damage/pec: 2.825 HP

Herman CAP-20 Desert (L)
Damage/second: 28.31 HP
Damage/pec: 2.827 HP

NIP P3 (L)
Damage/second: 25.95 HP

NIP P4 (L)
Damage/second: 33.21

Toddler-3 Laser Pistol (L)
Damage/second: 24.22 HP
Damage/pec: 2.879 HP

GeoTrek H21 Scrof (L)
Damage/second: 27.01 HP
Damage/pec: 2.871 HP

GeoTrek H23 Crista (L)
Damage/second: 30.72 HP
Damage/pec: 2.740 HP

*Note: VU September might bring undiscovered : Toddler/Nibbler/Marcato pistols series on RT...since nobody is grinding crafting weapons on RT ...we have to wait untill MA introduce in lootpool un item called "grindhouse sleaze death vinyl" used in a ul blueprint ( grindhouse sleaze (L) blueprint) so people can hunt for bps ...

Last edited:
Herman CAP-21 Jungle (L)
Damage/second: 29.84 HP
Damage/pec: 2.817 HP

Herman CAP-22 Arctic (L)
Damage/second : 29.40 HP
Damage/pec: 2.825 HP

Herman CAP-20 Desert (L)
Damage/second: 28.31 HP
Damage/pec: 2.827 HP

NIP P3 (L)
Damage/second: 25.95 HP

NIP P4 (L)
Damage/second: 33.21

Lots of alternatives for people at that lvl. That is very nice for them.
I guess the people shooting these guns now will in time replace the current mid-lvl casual players that are dropping out of the game because of guns having been almost completely removed from loot, and after years and years simply dont bother shooting yet another 35dps gun.
There was a time where you could go and hunt for your next gun to shoot, and nobody had any complaints about that.
I have fond memories of looting my next korss on feff, next lr53 on sumima, lr59 on formidon and so on, and I think many other people do too.

Lots of alternatives for people at that lvl. That is very nice for them.
I guess the people shooting these guns now will in time replace the current mid-lvl casual players that are dropping out of the game because of guns having been almost completely removed from loot, and after years and years simply dont bother shooting yet another 35dps gun.
There was a time where you could go and hunt for your next gun to shoot, and nobody had any complaints about that.
I have fond memories of looting my next korss on feff, next lr53 on sumima, lr59 on formidon and so on, and I think many other people do too.

I edited previos post...Sorry that I did after ...I was compare the weapons .I hope I didn't do any mistake so people can choose a similar h400 or p5a !

So what's a good Hit/Dmg level to start using UL guns?
attachment.php

Status
Back