Question: Should UL armour have a decay buffer?

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
We all know that when your UL piece has decayed to 3% of its TT value it needs repairing. But what sucks is the fact your amazing piece of armour starts losing protection the moment you get hit. Your set of Angel may be giving the same protection as TT armour after hunting a few hours due to decay and loss of protection.
Now cf Limited armour which decays but retains its protection right to the bitter 3% end. The retention of Tiers keeps the UL armour market boyant.

Now what if UL armour had say a 10% buffer, you get full protection until it decays by 10%. Saves having to run to the repair terminal every hunt.

This inspired another idea. We have HP healers. What about TT repairers. The TT repairer would follow u on a hunt and repair the decay on your guns and armour.

Anyway, thoughts on a protection buffer on UL armour. Kinda sucks if your Shadow set has the same protection as Gremlin after a few hours without repairing.

Definitely like this idea. It makes sense that L armors keep their protection, but why not UL armors too? I think UL should keep their protection the same no matter how damaged, but if that's not going to happen then some sort of buffer before protection begins to decay should be included.

nice idea, UL armor should be a buffed stuff just cause it is ul and worth alot

Nah, everybody already had it until they fixed it.

And considering you're not going to buy anymore armor EVER AGAIN! You have to pay for it.

Hell I wouldn't even want any UL armor. Why would I want something that would not only fall apart, decay fast and get me killed at a higher cost than just buying another (L)?

Nah, everybody already had it until they fixed it.

And considering you're not going to buy anymore armor EVER AGAIN! You have to pay for it.

Hell I wouldn't even want any UL armor. Why would I want something that would not only fall apart, decay fast and get me killed at a higher cost than just buying another (L)?

So we have something valuable and should have to pay for it. But you think it's useless compared to L armors. Do you see the problem here? Are UL armors good (and we should pay for this by having the protection on them decay) or are they not worth the money and we should use L armor as you suggest?

Personally I see no reason UL armors shouldn't keep their protection just like L armor does, the only benefit it really gives is saving a trip to the repair terminal.

So we have something valuable and should have to pay for it. But you think it's useless compared to L armors. Do you see the problem here? Are UL armors good (and we should pay for this by having the protection on them decay) or are they not worth the money and we should use L armor as you suggest?

Personally I see no reason UL armors shouldn't keep their protection just like L armor does, the only benefit it really gives is saving a trip to the repair terminal.

UL version of L weapons don't do less damage when they are decayed, so why are armors taking the hit? The benefit of owning an UL armor set is to avoid paying MU on L armor pieces all the time..

I'm against it, it would devalue the limited armor parts.

UL version of L weapons don't do less damage when they are decayed, so why are armors taking the hit? The benefit of owning an UL armor set is to avoid paying MU on L armor pieces all the time..

You're quite right about the UL weapons not having a reduced effect, I'm not sure why they felt UL armors shouldn't be the same way.

I meant the only benefit of changing UL armors to not lose protection as they decay. I understand the benefit of saving on MU. Though you only really save if you're able to sell the armor for what you paid - the MU on L armor you would have worn instead. Sometimes UL doesn't hold it's value long enough to do that.

You're quite right about the UL weapons not having a reduced effect, I'm not sure why they felt UL armors shouldn't be the same way.

I meant the only benefit of changing UL armors to not lose protection as they decay. I understand the benefit of saving on MU. Though you only really save if you're able to sell the armor for what you paid - the MU on L armor you would have worn instead. Sometimes UL doesn't hold it's value long enough to do that.

Ya I know the market does fluctuate quite bit and usually in the negatives due to new alternative options popping up for players. However, the convenience factor is one that you can't really put a price on. Some armors such as Hermes or other fancy L armor can be quite hard to come by, so the UL armor market gains there. I don't think much will change in the armor market if they made the armor reduction based on 10% damaged increments. Meaning you get 100% protection until 90% TT then it drops to like 95% protection or whatever. That wouldn't bother me as much

Ya I know the market does fluctuate quite bit and usually in the negatives due to new alternative options popping up for players. However, the convenience factor is one that you can't really put a price on. Some armors such as Hermes or other fancy L armor can be quite hard to come by, so the UL armor market gains there. I don't think much will change in the armor market if they made the armor reduction based on 10% damaged increments. Meaning you get 100% protection until 90% TT then it drops to like 95% protection or whatever. That wouldn't bother me as much

I like this idea, have it step down in tiers instead of beginning to decay the protection right away. More in line with the OP's original idea as well.

I like idea with portable repairer (Like RK-5, for armour, weapons and other things).
But here is more easy way - simply increase a TT Value of Shadow, Angel and other parts up to ~200 PED per part.

I like idea with portable repairer (Like RK-5, for armour, weapons and other things).
But here is more easy way - simply increase a TT Value of Shadow, Angel and other parts up to ~200 PED per part.

I suppose that would require the least effort on MA's part. Instead of coding a tiered degradation or a 10% buffer before the armor starts to degrade, just up the TT so it takes longer to degrade.

I honestly like the tiered approach best so far, but this would be acceptable as well.

Back