Shouldn't we be Embarrassed? (or just me?)

Savek

Provider
Society
Imperial Crusader's Unification
Savek Weaver Tullel
Ok... I haven't been able to download the game for serveral patches and a few months now.. I have hoped they would fix the problem... but NO... I'm not whining.. just wondering... what am i missing?

I want so bad to tell my online Multi-Game Community about this game... but how embarrassing would it be when they try to DL it and boom.. nothing...

I LOVE this game.. and see the potential... BELIEVE me... I hate myself for not having been more involved and buying land and all that when it was dirt cheap... but jeez... I can't even DL it... and there's NO obvious help on that around...

Is that a Professional way to run things? Really?

We have a few Soc mates that are unable to download all these patches :(

Their machines are just fine.

Kinda crap really.

I'd never encourage my friends to play EU.
There are many things I'm embarassed about and I wouldn't like to be referred to as the person who pointed them to EU, if things went pearshaped for them (as it has for other IRL friends I have introduced to EU)

I have tried 4 clean installs, and cant get the game to load properly or run, wish i was a bit more technical and could sort it out... i have tried all the tips and was hoping to take part in the Merry Mayhem, but i guess i wont be this year!

if you uninstall EU completely, delete the folders, delete everything. then download the full game from entropiauniverse.com, it will work. i'm not searching for the direct link for you but its here posted somewhere, even posted by MA officials themselves.

the reason you cannot download the new patches is because you closed/cancelled a patch process in the past before it was completed which corrupted your game files.

this all has been said a thousand times on these forums... yet theres always new threads popping up with people saying the same thing.

this all has been said a thousand times on these forums... yet theres always new threads popping up with people saying the same thing.

bladiebladiebla in the end it is Mind Ark who should make installing the game a piece of cake, if there are any difficulties they should state without you needing to search for it, how to solve the issue.
Don't turn your back to the fellows that stuff your lootpool, point the finger at the right direction.

anyways you have told a nice clue which probably will help some, until this thread get''s lost again

if you uninstall EU completely, delete the folders, delete everything. then download the full game from entropiauniverse.com, it will work.

No it wont. Not for everyone. This is the issue. The support cases say the same, but it is not working for everyone.

i was having problems when they first introduced the torrent DNA thing.

i installed EU AND the torrent DNA program. reboot your PC. install via client loader.

the client loader may be slower for some to DL from but remember internet traffic times (is download at late night) and you should be just fine.

just make sure you get rid of both of those EU and DNA then try again.

hope it works for ya like it did me.

I pointed a few friends towards EU and I can say after what happened and making me look bad for playing such a thing I shan't be encouraging any more to play unless this thing becomes easier.

MindArk would you please listen to this and i'm being very serious.
Have you ever thought about using Steam for players to download the game? www.steampowered.com Other MMORPGs use it and easily have an extra million players from it or atleast people who tried it because of it. Ofcourse you'd need to adapt the files a bit to work with steam but it would make everything a hell of a lot easier for users since it would download and patch the game files automatically aslong as its running in the background which is always very handy. Please please please consider this because not only is it a great way to manage the game install it would work as free effective advertising of the game to millions of gamers.

Somehow following the link provided here made it work... but how could that be when it said at one point it was a corrupt version of the client...?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/technical/174713-new-setup-file-10-6-4-39182-a.html

yes, this setup works fine, and link to it should be provided to friends and communities, as installing from setup downloaded from website results in errors in downloading this very file

where did you noticed it it corrupt version? i didn't had anything like that... ?

if you uninstall EU completely, delete the folders, delete everything. then download the full game from entropiauniverse.com, it will work. i'm not searching for the direct link for you but its here posted somewhere, even posted by MA officials themselves.

the reason you cannot download the new patches is because you closed/cancelled a patch process in the past before it was completed which corrupted your game files.

it SHOULD BE this way but IT'S NOT

downloading setup from website results in installing lobby with error while trying to download update
this clearly shows that its error in client, not in our systems

The Corrupt message came up when I "validated" or w/e the patch version through the option at the loader thing... (like my technical explaination of the situation? Very professional hunh?)

Ok... I haven't been able to download the game for serveral patches and a few months now.. I have hoped they would fix the problem... but NO... I'm not whining.. just wondering... what am i missing?

I want so bad to tell my online Multi-Game Community about this game... but how embarrassing would it be when they try to DL it and boom.. nothing...

I LOVE this game.. and see the potential... BELIEVE me... I hate myself for not having been more involved and buying land and all that when it was dirt cheap... but jeez... I can't even DL it... and there's NO obvious help on that around...

Is that a Professional way to run things? Really?

...no it's not! No seriously...it's really bad actually....

Back