SIB Skill bonus increase, how much percent% faster does it really help with or without it?

IHMJack

Provider
SIB Skill bonus increase, how much percent% faster does it really help with or without it????

I'm thinking about either hunting with SIB OR hunting with a gun without SIB but Im skill capped on?

in laser carbine which skill tree do I get bonus on with SIB anyways?

Links with acticles that explain the SIB system and how much PERCENT% faster it will speed up leveling would be very helpful.

Advice would be greatly appreciated thank you 8)

SIB Skill bonus increase, how much percent% faster does it really help with or without it????

I'm thinking about either hunting with SIB OR hunting with a gun without SIB but Im skill capped on?

in laser carbine which skill tree do I get bonus on with SIB anyways?

Links with acticles that explain the SIB system and how much PERCENT% faster it will speed up leveling would be very helpful.

Advice would be greatly appreciated thank you 8)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?166385-New-SIB-crafting-charts#post2102146

Skill increase amount is faster if you are in the sib window... but main advantage is AFTER YOU MAX it and get to "not anymore" because that means you are at max economic benefit at that time... with weapons that means your Hit Ability is maxed then, so you save cash by using what you are maxed on as you are not missing as much!

Also, study entropiawiki.com a lot.

Basically, the most economic stuff, i.e. what you will max HA on the fastest, and get decent damge/pec levels is the stuff in the TT. After that it gets more tricky. However, once you get to that max, things stay maxed... so like using opalo for the rest of forever is a good idea! :)

As far as the L stuff goes, most of it does have UL versions too, but the UL versions of them are a bit pricey - for obvious reason that it's repairable... but if you plan on staying in game for the rest of forever, that may not be a bad thing... For instance, I love having UL S30 and CB 5 even though they are the lowest level blp guns because they are not too pricey as they are so low level, and it gives me the ability to use blp ammo I loot as soon as I loot it... important as I'm primarily a melee person and use ammo to tag mobs to draw them out of the pack so I can go solo on them one at time. Unless I'm doing a team opalo hunt, I usually carry little or no ammo, but when I loot ammo, it's nice to be able to use it and not have to carry it all the way back to a TT to sell.

Last edited:
ive yet to see an actual longer term test of a skill phase in SIB range which would give compareable results
there must have been one, as it is usually said that in SIB range you skill 10% faster or so
dunno, maybe

although skilling wise i still think it depends mostly on ped rotation and/or kill skill bonus
prolly if you are after plain skill per ped you could hunt small stuff and get more than 10% out of it (worked for me when i used my embra on merps compared to bigger stuff)
timewise likely with a higher ped rotation

but thats just my opinion

i would do a test myself although the SIB stuff in range of me atm i could use, is mostly unappealing and would mean a lot of lost peds
although i would love a longterm (say ~10-20 000 ped rotation) of sword where i am in dam SIB atm
and then do the same again when i am maxed and compare skill gain
but that kind of ped rotation at that level with a unmaxed weapon, tough, id prolly lose over 5k ped

that is also the problem of unmaxed weapons
you simply leave a damage potential unused for the same cost
now the question is, does that cost you more, dealing say 15-20 damage instead of 20-25 yet paying the same amount per shot?
pretty likely

does SIB mean faster skilling?
probably, as i said, i heard 10% often enough

does the amount of money you lose, which is probably more than 10%, justify the faster skillgain?
imo no, especially considering the possible "grind" options on smaller mobs or a higher ped rotation on maxed weapons

also, even if you maxed a gun, you still get skill, if less, or much less, compared to an active SIB, no real idea or figures to claim anything from my side

Back