Question: Sight And Scope Skill Mod %

Mighty Bear

Mature
Society
Diabolical Dominion
Mighty Bear Mountain
It's that time of the year again when we wonder what sight and scope numbers really mean. Can someone explain as best we know in 2022 what the skill mod % of sights and scopes do?

I suppose my biggest question is, does adding skill mod % to a maxed weapon give you more skill points over time? In terms of green messages, or tt value.

Small tests I've done seem to show that a 39% skill mod on a maxed L weapon gives more skill points than running without it. But this is cursory opinion based on small batch tests. Perhaps it's simply because you're burning more ped (doubtful because it's a significant jump), or perhaps its because the skill mod % mods how fast you skill (doubtful because giving out skills isn't something MA enjoys).

Thoughts? Any previous threads with good info on this?

ELI5 TL;DR: Anyone know if running sights and scopes on a maxed weapon makes you skill faster?

Only in the sense that you decay more, and skill gain is directly linked to decay to some extent.
This is what I'm thinking too, but it doesn't seem to be logarithmic to ped spent. In fact it seems to be quite a jump for the small costs

Back