Skill Gain In Healing

NoMan

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Zheng NoMan Su
I have just started MF healing recently, skill it up a bit, maybe. I want to know if there is a difference in skill gain when you're healing yourself and when healing others. Do u get better skills healing urself, or is the skill gain better when u heal others? or is it the same?

I have done some healing at Nea's revival. Its helpful for sweaters, I know. But getting hit by a mob or 2 and healing myself gives me a chance to get some evade and other skills too. If there's no diff in skill gain, it would be better if I go for the latter. Has anyone noted any difference ? :)

i dont think it does mean anything

but can u explain me something ?

when u heal by chip using mindforce du u gain first aid diagnosis anatomy ?? medical skills....

No, u only get Biotropy, Psyche, Concentration, Bravado, etc. No Fap skills.

No you only gain, concentration biotropy psyche bravado, dexterity and courage i think

Hi NoMan :)

Sorry I can't answer your question - I just want to thank you very much for healing me and other sweaters at Nea's

I think that the reason healers skill on sweaters is simply time and convenience ...a constant stream of reviving avas speeds things up compared to self healing.

Attacking mobs disrupt your concentration when using them skilling by self healing unless you also focus yourself to help stop that happening. It's a little slow with a low level chip so it's easy to snuff it if you aren't careful ..losing your focus charges when you die.

t

There is no difference, and ive not experienced any difference either. However i know people that are convinced that healing others and especially others that have high skills gives more skills in return. Old wives tales if you ask me :)

Most heal sweaters because its easier to do so. Same with healing those at Twin Peaks ring, or in the control room at CND. Drag the health bar out of the people reviving and click away. Healing while letting a couple of mobs munch on you takes more effort. Also you have to stop everyso often to focus and possibly deal with CH depending on your HP :)

Yes, Thank you for your comments. I tried some healing on myself. its not worth it I think. Like u guys pointed out, focusing urself every often is trouble. and I think the skill gain is more when healing others. Well, I felt like it :p

Anyways, im back to healing at Nea's. Cheers to sweaters :)

Last edited:
I've never noticed any difference between skilling healing on myself or on others.

Although by healing yourself you are generally skilling up on your defensive skills and some psychotropy from focusing as well as the biotropy related skills.

I prefer healing others as you're not continuously checking your focus and generally you get a better level of conversation (albeit marginally in some cases) from other people than you do from tants etc and this helps relieve the boredom at times :)

Another question I have is, since there is no Learning Period bonus in chips, do all chips give same skillgains or does higher chips give more skills ?

I am level 8 Biotropian now, almost reaching recommended level for Potent, but Im still using Medium chip and medium has 0.0 recommended level. Does this effect the skillgains ? should I be using Good chip now ? will that give me better skills than what Medium does ? Or is skilling with lower chips good ? since they use 1 or 2 ME ? Im really confused over this.:scratch2:

It all depends on economy, generally the more something costs to use the better the skill gain from it.

I used a minor heal chip all the way up to 1200 biotropy and medium upto around 2k that kept my ME usage and costs down, even so I could still get thru' large amounts.

At those kind of levels you get better average heals which suits the people you are healing, but if you can afford it and are more interested in skill gain than effective healing go for as big a chip as you can handle.

And do you think it costed you lesser to skill that up than it would cost with a higher lvl chip ?

And do you think it costed you lesser to skill that up than it would cost with a higher lvl chip ?

I nearly made a comment about that in my previous post but I didn't because if I'm honest I don't really know :silly2: but my guess would be no I don't think it would have been cheaper.

Back