Help: Skill Implant Failure

aj502

Old Alpha
Society
The MotorBoating Chinesers
aj502 "HellRoach" Budweiser
I have relogged a few times, tried different areas, even tried when not driking beer so:

Short question:
Anyone have an idea why I fail evertime I try to use this?

1.) Hm...Cheap implant, I'll bump up skills in this area here a tad....

carp1.jpg

2.) Okay, looks like I'm ready to go....

carp2.jpg

3.) Cool, let's lessen my n00berness a smite....

carp3.jpg

4.) Epic fail....Uncool, I'm n00b for life. :(

carpfail.jpg

Lol is the 2 PED implanter decay even worth it?

Eh....I didnt know how much it would decay before but still, 18 skill points for 3 ped (chip costed 1 ped)....Prolly lose more in Pall Stools getting 18 that way, no?

Anyway, any ideas?

ED: Oh yea...The -2 decay was from shortblade skill imp I used before (and it worked 1st time)...Was a little more than this chip...Still seemed cheaper as I got it for cheap as well...

Tippin'

Just a wild guess but maybe since you have had no experience gain in carpentry you are unable to chip it in. Similar to having to unlock hidden skills first before being able to chip them in.

Just a wild guess but maybe since you have had no experience gain in carpentry you are unable to chip it in. Similar to having to unlock hidden skills first before being able to chip them in.

I was kind of thinking that myself....Doing some reading but I thought Carpentry was pretty much the lowest skill that gets built...
Although as you can see I do show 1 point...I figured that came from a mini run of Pall Stools I did awhile ago thus I should have some, albeit little, experience.

TY for reply and any other ideas are welcome.
:)

Tippin'

File a support case, or click some carpentry BP to get at least one skill gain.
I believe the issue is with the exact amount of skills on the chip (the hidden decimals) which cause a problem when added to your current skills. I had the same message once when trying to chip-out First Aid, but after using my fap a bit, I could extract ok. The same problem arises sometimes when trying to match items you are selling to an exact order price.

<sarcasm> This same bug part of the reason loot is so dynamic (ie sucky). </sarcasm>

I've got 764 carpentry from doing textures :)

I've got 764 carpentry from doing textures :)

Looking for a cheapy BP to bump up a skill or two....Then I'll try it and if a no-go, submit a "ignore"-case...

Any ideas on one while I'm looking?

Thx for replies all.

Tippin'

Stupid question but do you have a Neopsion Mindforce implant? I believe you need one of those in your skull for the ESI to interface with once it's loaded into the implant inserter.

Stupid question but do you have a Neopsion Mindforce implant? I believe you need one of those in your skull for the ESI to interface with once it's loaded into the implant inserter.

No I don't have one of those....But I was able to apply a shortbade skill implant yesterday w/o one....

ED: Blea....Pall Stool BP ingredients kind of a pain to get in low quantity and don't have Nallo Lamp BP (yet)....
Any suggestions on other cheapy BPs to bump Carpetry a tad?

Tippin'

Generic leather texture bp, only 7 pec a click

Generic leather texture bp, only 7 pec a click

Ahhh...ok, cool....Says it give skill effect 5 on carpentry (not quite sure how that works tho) so I'll do a run of those 'till I bump carp a point or two and try it out...

Thx for all the replies and any others forthcoming...I'll letcha know what happens here when I try again.

Tippin'

I'll letcha know what happens here when I try again.

Did a 30pedish run on Generic leather texture bp and it bumped carpentry skill bar to approx 2/3 the way to next lvl.

Tried to implant skill and it went through.

So my conclusion is that:
a.) I guess my carpentry skill was (still) at the default "1" (along w/ bar progerss position) and I didn't get any before from my mini pall stool run,

And more importantly;

b.) You cannot implant a skill "naked" or w/o at leat SOME experience/skill in the skill you're trying to implant. (i.e. You have to at least attempt to do something in the same skill field in game and gain a little experience in it - move the skill bar some before it'll allow you to implant the same skill)

I suppose it is semi-confirmed because when sucessfully implanting the shortblade skill before this on 1st attempt, I already had some shortblade skill acheived and it implanted no problem.

Hope this'll help someone and if anyone else can confirm that'd be great.

Tippin'

Oh yea....FYI the Payn-Inc decayed 2 ped from 12.99 to 10.99 so that adds up to 3 ped total for 18 Carpentry skill points....

Good/fair deal or not?

Tippin'

..........Damn, I'm spamming my own thread... :/

Did a 30pedish run on Generic leather texture bp and it bumped carpentry skill bar to approx 2/3 the way to next lvl.

Tried to implant skill and it went through.

So my conclusion is that:
a.) I guess my carpentry skill was (still) at the default "1" (along w/ bar progerss position) and I didn't get any before from my mini pall stool run,

And more importantly;

b.) You cannot implant a skill "naked" or w/o at leat SOME experience/skill in the skill you're trying to implant. (i.e. You have to at least attempt to do something in the same skill field in game and gain a little experience in it - move the skill bar some before it'll allow you to implant the same skill)

If that were the case, I think the pop-up message would indicate as much, and not "internal error".
I think you would not have had a problem with a different sized implant.

Yea...I dunno what else to think..Like I said, shortblades went in no prob - I had lvl 1 already...Once I bumped Carpentry a bit it went in no prob....

Seems like an odd message but whatever....

I am now getting the same problem with a couple Manufacture Attachment skill implants and I have the same "skill situation" I had w/ carpentry...

Won't be clik'ing to bump that real soon but when I do and if it let's me insert skill afterwards then I'll post it here...

You'd think if this is the case, MA would come up with a message a little less confusing...

Tippin'

P.S. LOVE your sig quote!
:D

Yeah, that attrib gain bug is annoying and apparently bugs skill implant too.
Your skill value or attrib value should be 2 or bigger and all seems to be fine. Strange bug.

I am now getting the same problem with a couple Manufacture Attachment skill implants and I have the same "skill situation" I had w/ carpentry...

Won't be clik'ing to bump that real soon but when I do and if it let's me insert skill afterwards then I'll post it here...

Made a few Shrear XR40s, got a couple skill points and POW, the other implants went in no problem....

Ok...So I guess you need at least SOME skill in anything you try to implant before you actually CAN implant....Don't think it's meant to be that way...Or at least support didn't suggest it...

Basically an, "Ok, well.....Just wait until it gets fixed because I don't know...." answer....
(And then, the case was "closed" with the header "conclusion suggested"....Maybe the word "conclusion" has a different meaning in Sweeden? :D )
Hi again,

Our developers have your report and will be doing tests and fixing any irregularity they find.

Please stay tunned to our News section for more information on the development of this system.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Myriam | Planet Calypso Support

Back