Skill Requirments on Weapons

RexDameon

Mentor
Society
Entropia Pioneers
RexDameon Rex Andreosn
I realy like on the new MindForce items it has a skill requirment. I wish all weapons had some sort of stat like that on them. Mabey not so much of a requirment but a guide. Like you would be given a rating of how well you could use the weapon sort of like Chance of Succsess in crafting.
what say you?

A guide would be good, a skill requirement... nahh :)

After all, I got to borrow a MM once.. would suck when I finaly had the oppertunity to use it, I couldnt use it... because... MA dont want me to loose my money? :silly:

And on Mindforce it kinda makes sense... You dont have too good concentration, then you cant load a powerful firestorm... your brain simply cant take it.
But a big powerful gun? Yea you can shoot with it but you most likely wont hit if your skills aint too great ;)

But a guide would be great :D

;)

I agree, the guide in the mind chips and mind implants is great to help you skill the needed skill to meet those requirements. It would be a nice addition to all the different tables and posts on skills needed.

Greetz

Maybe ranged weapons would require enough agility+skill, armors and melee weapons would require strength, mining tool intelligence etc. :)

It could be used to balance out weapons a bit. Weapons with good economy/efficiency would have higher requirements. Uneconomic weapons like vat-110 would have very low requirements.

Essi said:
Maybe ranged weapons would require enough agility+skill, armors and melee weapons would require strength, mining tool intelligence etc. :)

It could be used to balance out weapons a bit. Weapons with good economy/efficiency would have higher requirements. Uneconomic weapons like vat-110 would have very low requirements.

more likely than MA having it based on dmg, because MA wants those noobies to lose cash ;)

But what you'll find is people just not buying the uneconomic weapons. With the COS on weapons, or agility needed, you could very easily see what is the next economic weapon without any stats or anything. You loot a gun, what does it need? Oh, only 45 Agil+Strength / Excellent COS with it.. must be crappy..

I also think this will never happen, because it just restricts the game. MA have said that they want everyone to do everything (bit of a contridiction with MF) because all other games have skill barriers / level requirements for items..

I forgot to say that maybe there is requirements already as hidden stats.

They just wont prevent using an equipment but make it more inefficient. Dropping average damage of a gun by 5% is not too easily noticed but do have big difference in long run.

Essi said:
I forgot to say that maybe there is requirements already as hidden stats.

They just wont prevent using an equipment but make it more inefficient. Dropping average damage of a gun by 5% is not too easily noticed but do have big difference in long run.

Aye aye! I tend to think this myself.

Also, I do not think that it would benefit MA to put skill requirements on weapons even though I think it would be good for the game. It means less ppl depositing cash to obtain those uber weapons (well, maybe not uber but just really good ones) ;) And also, less ppl wasting ped on weapons they do not have skills for :D

don't take my justifier mkII away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back