Skilling Inflict Ranged Damage and Aim

Spoofman

Guardian
Society
SPU - Smart Professionals United
Spoofman Supernova
If you are specializing in Rifle, would switching to Handguns increase the rate at which you increase:

Inflict Ranged Damage
Aim

OR

Is it just a factor of the skill required to use a ranged weapon regardless of what type it is? In other words, if I stick to Rifles and gradually use more advanced weapons, will IRD and Aim skill as quickly as if I change over to Handgun and start improving that.

There's probably no real way to be certain, but I'm curious to see what other people think.

DISCLAIMER: sorry guys, I didn't do a search to see if this has already been covered before.

from my experience it seems like certain subskills like aim/ird etc just skill slower regardless of what weapon type you use. the only suggestion to skill them faster is to get a faster ped burning weapon :d

I had skilled Rifle all the time, but when I got to the point that there was really no good economically Carabine for me I decided to switch to Handgun because of it's better economy. I started skilling with Breer P1a(L) and now I use Korss H380(L). I have noticed that in the very beggining of skilling Laser Pistols all the skills were increasing quite fast. Now i am to the point that they go quite slow again.
The thing is that when you have high IRD you will need to see more of: "You have gained experience in IRD skill" before you'll actually get 1 point more in Skills List. It takes more of these messages to fill the small green bar under the skil.

I hope that is understandable :)

A good rule of thumb is that the skills increase proportionately to how much they are used. AIM and IRD contribute very little to your (dmg) and (hit) professional standing, so they don't increase very quickly, either.

Thanks, your replies are helpful and appreciated!

Back