Info: Small gloms to how loot works

Speculation. Unless you can give hard evidence from MA stating loot is generated upon looting the creature.

It's not speculation MA said that in a support case if i remember correctly.

Interesting to know if they actually did say something like that in a support case, as all I've seen over the years from MA's official comments is that the loot system is "dynamic".

I'd also still be up in the air about the subject as well unless it was a reputable player who received said answer in a support ticket. In that case I might be more inclined to believe it ;)

yupyup that one was actually said by mindark a while ago but I am not going to waste my time trying to find it in the thousands of posts heheh it was from someone complaining about someone else "steeling" their mobs or drowning their mobs or something and support said it did not matter the drown mobs had no loot in them its not generated till they are looted

all the statements at the top of this thread are quite true I think except maybe its better to say you get average loss of 10-20% per ped cycled than a payback of 80-90%

>^.^<

Well this is from one of my support messages when there was a bug that if you loot a mob while you're dead, you wont get any loot nor no loot message from it:

We regret to tell you that we have no way of compensating for this; the creature does not get logged until looted, meaning that we cannot verify what would have been on it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Speculation. Unless you can give hard evidence from MA stating loot is generated upon looting the creature.

support case aside, you wouldnt have loot lag if you didnt generate loot upon looting.

Well, to treat it as fact we still have to believe with confidence that (a) the receiver of the support case reported it to us accurately, (b) the support case was written by someone who actually knows how the loot system works, and (c) they wrote truthfully.

Whilst on balance I'd guess loot is generated on looting, I certainly wouldn't claim to know it is. I have seen some evidence (equally inconclusive) of the opposite conclusion in the past such as people looting creatures before server crashes, and then looting apparently the same loot from the same creature after the reboot. (don't have time to dig up any threads, I think there was one by Moogle though).

support case aside, you wouldnt have loot lag if you didnt generate loot upon looting.

Why not? Position of mob could be stored in RAM on server, loot could be stored in database table on another server and accessed upon looting.

it was from someone complaining about someone else "steeling" their mobs or drowning their mobs or something and support said it did not matter the drown mobs had no loot in them its not generated till they are looted

Presumably they responded: "Thank-you Support, now can I have the PED I spent shooting those mobs back?"

Then we'd really be making progress if Support responded to that: "Don't worry, you'll always get back 90% of what you spend in the end."

Then we'd really be making progress if Support responded to that: "Don't worry, you'll always get back 90% of what you spend in the end."

Unfortunately they can't.... because it's not true. Maybe the majority of avatars get 80-90% back but not all. As I said. Don't matter what, how, when, or with what I kill.... my 3 yr avg is 65% at BEST.

Menace

Unfortunately they can't.... because it's not true. Maybe the majority of avatars get 80-90% back but not all. As I said. Don't matter what, how, when, or with what I kill.... my 3 yr avg is 65% at BEST.

Hehe, I wasn't suggesting it as a fact. In fact I don't wholly subscribe to the fixed-return regardless of what you do theory as may be evidenced by my first post in this thread, see bracketed sentence in the quote below.

There's a big difference between 85% and 90%. And personally I reckon it's more like 95%. (perhaps the equipment/eco you use does actually matter)

It's also possible deposit habits affect your return like you propose. But until I see, for example, well-documented records of someone returning a long-run 65% TT-return with a relatively eco setup, I'll personally continue to consider it unlikely.

Nah I don't own anything. I deposited 200-300 U.S. at a time. a few days later it'd be gone and I'd do it again (and been doing that for 3 yrs now). This crap about "all avatars being equal" is bullshit too. Someone like myself is recognized as a "cash cow" by the loot system due to my deposit habits. My own fault I know. Reality is.... don't matter what I hunt with, what I hunt, or when I hunt. I lose HUGE. I AVERAGE about 65% TT return on small Levi (which I KNOW I'm gonna lose on but just got sick of counting pennies grinding other low HP mobs). Now if you check my tracker you'll see a bunch of globals/HoF's on em. That equates to my 65% return. I've used Apis/Dante, X1/Dante, all the way down to H400/A105 and my returns on TT of ammo are constant. (Levi don't loot any MU anyway on a regular basis so it's easy to watch TT vs TT with them).

Menace

Menace

I offer to play your avatar for some time, record every single hunt and all transactions and publish it here on this forum.

Of course i will cover any and all potential losses (not playing with your Peds anyway) and also provide full security for your avatar value (skills).

Back