so long and thanks for all the fish

Society
Death Unlimited
Johan Roadkill Deadmeat
moving to australia in 2 days so in a moment i'm packing up my comp and a little box and wave bye bye to EU for a little while... untill i get internet down there if my laptop can handle it that is

eitherway if so happens i don't see you in 1 year or so i'll wish you all happy hofing and cheers for 4 wonderfull years

PS any1 know the best phone-company that provides a subscribtion with unlimited surf (aka no data limit and then it gets slower)?

Simma lungt!

Good Luck downunder!

neeeeeeeeeeeeej varför men gl

Havent west stopped sending convicts?

Welcome to Australia

Welcome to Australia!
Mate there are many options for ADSL 2+ , Cable or Wireless Broadband. Alot depends on where you live. If you are in the capital cities you have a great deal to choose from. The company Telstra Bigpond has the largest network, but isnt the cheapest.
Others to look at are Optus, iiNet, Dodo, Vodaphone, Virgin etc etc

The best places I have had experience with is Melbourne and Hobart (yes they have a good network) and Perth is average. I am sure Sydney is just as good as melbourne.

Wireless hubs etc you should be able to set up with the day, if you want ADSL its up to the phone companies how long they will take to connect you.

You may get a shock of how expensive internet is in Australia. As with everything here, we are like Arkadia and get an extra MU on our prices.

Anyway, enjoy the move and Welcome!

Cheers
Bjorn

Take that!

3688Normal.jpg

:)

So long sucker! :laugh:

which city you living in?
I live in Brisbane and Great Weather
Melbourne on the Other hand is Cold
Good Luck!

Good Luck, have fun, take care and cya when you get back :wave:

Good Luck with All Johan!!..Hope we see you back soon!:D

Welcome to Australia!
Mate there are many options for ADSL 2+ , Cable or Wireless Broadband. Alot depends on where you live. If you are in the capital cities you have a great deal to choose from. The company Telstra Bigpond has the largest network, but isnt the cheapest.
Others to look at are Optus, iiNet, Dodo, Vodaphone, Virgin etc etc

The best places I have had experience with is Melbourne and Hobart (yes they have a good network) and Perth is average. I am sure Sydney is just as good as melbourne.

Wireless hubs etc you should be able to set up with the day, if you want ADSL its up to the phone companies how long they will take to connect you.

You may get a shock of how expensive internet is in Australia. As with everything here, we are like Arkadia and get an extra MU on our prices.

Anyway, enjoy the move and Welcome!

Cheers
Bjorn

Acctually i was planing on using My phone as a mobile connection as long as I have unlimited surf in my subscription

Take that!

3688Normal.jpg

:)

I always bring my towel!

Ended up not packing down my comp today so maybe I can find some eu time tomorrow if not ty all for your best wishes

Acctually i was planing on using My phone as a mobile connection as long as I have unlimited surf in my subscription

Your not going to get anywhere near unlimited internet through mobile plans in Australia, but your best bang for buck would be TPG at the moment, at $45 a month with 5 Gigabyte of Data included (link below).

http://www.tpg.com.au/mobile/plans.php

Good luck in aussieland, Johan! :)

Your not going to get anywhere near unlimited internet through mobile plans in Australia, but your best bang for buck would be TPG at the moment, at $45 a month with 5 Gigabyte of Data included (link below).

Not sure how much playing eu would drain data but I guess 5Gs should cover skyping and sending texts via iMessage atleast.

Odd thought vodaphone in Sweden called telenor offers a subscribtion with unlimited surf would have hoped they had it there too

Cheers for the tip!

Tbh eu I can live without :) msn skype etc is what matters

Im going to miss ya bro... :(

The time's we have had... see u soon :hug:

Not sure how much playing eu would drain data but I guess 5Gs should cover skyping and sending texts via iMessage atleast.

Odd thought vodaphone in Sweden called telenor offers a subscribtion with unlimited surf would have hoped they had it there too

Cheers for the tip!

Tbh eu I can live without :) msn skype etc is what matters

Entropia doesn't use much bandwidth at all, actually it's far lower than any game I've ever played. 5GB's is quite a lot, just make sure programs that automatically update and connect to the internet are turned off and you will come a long long way.

About the bandwidth plans, Australia is one of the worst places to be in relation to pricing on internet connectivity. Bandwidth is crazy expensive over there, hence no unlimited plans. Actually I was quite surprised seeing the availability of a 5GB plan on mobile!
(I live in the Netherlands but I had some aspirations of renting internet services in Australia for gameserver companies. Gave it all up after I found out that running the same things in Australia is 10-100 times more expensive than the Dutch setup :eyecrazy:)

Welcome to paradise!

Agree with Serica that whirlpool is the site you need to find a plan for you.

I'm with internode. about 90 aud per month for 40GB download limit.
Customer service is great but I haven't checked competitor pricing for a while.

Last edited:
Welcome to paradise!

Agree with Serica that whirlpool is the site you need to find a plan for you.

I'm with internode. about 90 aud per month for 40GB download limit.
Customer service is great but I having checked competitor pricing for a while.

fyi i'm shit poor after this so probably would settle at the 5G mobile offer or even less... eu is a minor priority

but we'll see

Good Luck!

Is it just? :scratch2:

Saturday - 30 degrees
Sunday - 30 degrees
Monday - Currently fine, sunny and warm -21 degrees as at 11:05am (maximum 25 degrees)

Forecast
Tuesday - 26 degrees
Wednesday - 26 degrees
Thursday - 23 degrees
Friday - 23 degrees

Cold, my arse! :laugh:
Temperatures are in celcius, not fahrenheit :silly2:

I'd be very careful as to what plan you choose in OZ, particulary the network speed. Not all are the same.
Look for compliance with this:)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4G

BTW welcome to OZ:)

So will you be joining Aussie WoF :)

Good Luck!

Is it just? :scratch2:

Saturday - 30 degrees
Sunday - 30 degrees
Monday - Currently fine, sunny and warm -21 degrees as at 11:05am (maximum 25 degrees)

Forecast
Tuesday - 26 degrees
Wednesday - 26 degrees
Thursday - 23 degrees
Friday - 23 degrees

Cold, my arse! :laugh:
Temperatures are in celcius, not fahrenheit :silly2:

meh your winters are warmer then sweden 70% of the year lol

and i will be landing in sydney fyi .... but if it's too expencive melbourne is probbaly next stop

Was just checking the data limit on the "infinity and beyond" offer earlier but just spotted the "super value plans" would any1 clarify that

Unlimited SMS & MMS to Standard Australian & International Numbers

Acctually means I can text people in Sweden without any extra cost for myself or them? Or is that some extra feature I must purchase? ... Technical stuff is mumbojumbo to me in any language

Was just checking the data limit on the "infinity and beyond" offer earlier but just spotted the "super value plans" would any1 clarify that

Unlimited SMS & MMS to Standard Australian & International Numbers

Acctually means I can text people in Sweden without any extra cost for myself or them? Or is that some extra feature I must purchase? ... Technical stuff is mumbojumbo to me in any language

Not an extra feature, taken into account in the cost of the mobile account. So yes there is no extra cost to you.

All the very best down under m8 hope we see u bk here very soon :)

Not an extra feature, taken into account in the cost of the mobile account. So yes there is no extra cost to you.

a cheers =) 45aud is a wee bit more then the usual 14.5aud (98SEK ish) i have now so we'll see if i sacrifice eu and go for something cheaper

All the very best down under m8 hope we see u bk here very soon :)

hope so! =)

meh your winters are warmer then sweden 70% of the year lol

and i will be landing in sydney fyi .... but if it's too expencive melbourne is probbaly next stop

Go North 2 hours and make a stop in sunny Newcastle.
Famous for wine, breweries, great beaches and surf scene + gorgeous women;)

I'd look at 2ways of doing phone and internet.
Simply a cheap prepiad phone and sim for that such as Vodafone.
And internet a Telstra USB prepaid dongle to plug into the laptop.

People can call you on the vodafone phone= $ 2 for the sim , you play EU and use Skype on the lappy via Telstra dongle =$ 74 for the dongle and sim + $39 credit .

Telstra will be the only one for broadband coverage worthy the rest dont even bother I've tried em.

All reachargable by voucher as service stations and newsagencies .

Cheers and thanks for all the fish, yes you can get rollmops here :)

Back