Selling: sold

Total protection btw is like: cut,stb,imp
131,4 mayhem
115 shadow
114 vain, shadow is better as imp is common dmg, pene is only for primo, grand formidons, seems to be some imp, cut or imp, stab mobs too ingame, where shadow would be better

crazy price went up over double when i sold it, someone got ripped off(i probably did hehe)

I would value vain below shadow as shadow has more commonly good stats, and mayhem above both.

Tested, i call it still pretty ok set! i would take it over angel for sure!

Last edited:
Total protection btw is like: cut,stb,imp
131,4 mayhem
115 shadow
114 vain, shadow is better as imp is common dmg, pene is only for primo, grand formidons, seems to be some imp, cut or imp, stab mobs too ingame, where shadow would be better

crazy price went up over double when i sold it, someone got ripped off(i probably did hehe)

I would value vain below shadow as shadow has more commonly good stats, and mayhem above both.

Tested, i call it still pretty ok set! i would take it over angel for sure!

For most mobs with all close damage, vain is around same as shadow. Vain is better for alot of mobs then shadow, such as Rextelum,osseo,goki,feffox,primodial longu,mech smugglers,halloween mayhem mobs i think has some Pen damage as well iirc and NI mobs such as moloch/snakes, RT mobs like neverdie/pop dragons. I can also do RDI calumusoids with just serpent scale on using vain...

Vain has extra protections which helps alot against mobs with slight damage in elemental/range. U can use it for small mobs which swarm u that have elemental damage as well. It is just more versatile in general.So total protection matters. And most fast hitting mobs with high damage are doing stab/cut damage..those are the mobs you want good protection for. Impact mobs are usually very slow hitters.

If impact is really an issue just buy a set of imperium armor for those pure impact mobs. I never had any issue hunting using only vain + plating.

Also vain is rarer than shadow, so you will have a more unique look. =P

Last edited:
Hehe, i would take it too over shadow for looks only :-D Good luck selling it

Hehe, i would take it too over shadow for looks only :-D Good luck selling it
There is actually not much reason to take shadow over vain (especially when the price is same) unless you really like the looks of shadow. Vain is the better armor and more versatile especially if you keep the imperium armor as an offset for those pure impact mobs (dont really need if you got sufficient hp/evade/dodge but it can make life a bit easier for big dasps).

Another important thing to consider is that vain has higher total TT then shadow. This means that it will last longer before needing repairs.Each hit reduces the total protection less.

Also,you choose a set of armor to make hunting easier, most mobs which vain is better at are stressful to hunt because they are hard and fast hitters. So vain is the armor that will make your overall hunting easier and therefore the better armor.

Thanks for free bumps ;)

Last edited:
There is actually not much reason to take shadow over vain (especially when the price is same) unless you really like the looks of shadow. Vain is the better armor and more versatile especially if you keep the imperium armor as an offset for those pure impact mobs (dont really need if you got sufficient hp/evade/dodge but it can make life a bit easier for big dasps).
Actually there is a 36 Burn difference that makes a lot of matter when u would choose between the two sets.
In rest bump for a nice set.

Actually there is a 36 Burn difference that makes a lot of matter when u would choose between the two sets.
In rest bump for a nice set.

Thanks for bump.

Total protection for vain is higher then shadow. So for the same price its a no brainer choice to go with vain. Also depends on what you mostly hunt, most of the mobs shadow is better for can be hunted with vain as well since the mobs are slow most of the time, also the new imperium armor will offset most of the benefits shadow has over vain for a cheap price. Can use imperium as offset (cheaper then plating and less hassle switching armor sets) and vain as your main set for hunting most mobs all around the universe.

Last edited:
Back