Some complaints about the current robot event to MA

girtsn

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
Girts Smilgs Niedra
Hello. I posted this in my hunting log, but imho deserves a separate post
  • First, the return, 85% is quite awful (-10k in a week for me). Those items you drop come for free at your side, or say little cost. Is it really necessary to lower the 88% to 95% which is already bad enough?
  • Not even a hint on what drops what. So far we can guess contraction unit and transmitter is looted from SEG.
  • The drop rate of exceptional components on elites is for some reason much lower than on other robots
  • Most of the event items dropped in the night for the europeans. I understand it seems natural for the mexicans, but could you please account for the rest of us not near US?
  • Is it really necessary to hand out so many big hofs outside the event during it?

Not even a hint on what drops what. So far we can guess contraction unit and transmitter is looted from SEG.

I just wanted to comment that I think this is a good thing... It would not be realistic if CDF knew which robot (type) carried which part, how would they?

As for the drops happening during European evening time, doesn't that have to do with the fact that most people play then (peak time is approx. 8-9PM if I remember correctly)?

Returns have ranged from acceptable to good to awful though :laugh:

I have stopped hunting those bots all together. It is simply not worth my time if my returns are:

A) Shit
B) Low MU shit that I can't sell due to others hunting and selling for as low as possible in order to return to hunting (causing the MU of items to tank)
C) After killing a few Elites and Exterminators I deemed it also not worth my time because they do not seem to drop as many Exaptional parts comparted to the lower end bots. Also because they loot anywhere from 5PEDs and up. While the small bots are just the same only less HP, therefore less to kill and more loot returned.

Point being... I'm staying away from bots for awhile, or at least until I can find a justifyable reason why I should hunt them. At the rate you are going -10k a week, in 6-12 weeks time you would have purchased one of the items that MindArk is awarding.

~Danimal

The loot of this event is much bad. I dont had any run with profit. One run was only 35% return.
I just like the fun on this robo war. But this fun cost a fortune !:rolleyes: :)

I just wanted to comment that I think this is a good thing... It would not be realistic if CDF knew which robot (type) carried which part, how would they?

As for the drops happening during European evening time, doesn't that have to do with the fact that most people play then (peak time is approx. 8-9PM if I remember correctly)?

Returns have ranged from acceptable to good to awful though :laugh:

This will be one of the main reasons why I'll leave Calypso for another planet.

It's just too frustating and annoying not knowing the facts even after the event. For example the wastelanders events impossible to really know what prizes were given.

I'm just hoping one of the other PP's has sense to actually publish such data after an event if not during an event.

you make some good points but my main complaint is:why do i not have bots coming out of my ears?!?! it does not really feel like a event.
i want bots all over the place, not a few tame spawns and one or two bots that sneak past the inactive turrets, i want the TP's overrun, bots stacked 3 high at the revives, i want war :p
i miss hadesheim

you make some good points but my main complaint is:why do i not have bots coming out of my ears?!?! it does not really feel like a event.
i want bots all over the place, not a few tame spawns and one or two bots that sneak past the inactive turrets, i want the TP's overrun, bots stacked 3 high at the revives, i want war :p
i miss hadesheim

I think the clue as to why its not like it used to be, is the yellow text in your first screenshot

"You must be alive to perform this action." ;)

i miss hadesheim

Oh and I remember the vast amounts of complaints about that back then as well :laugh:

I think the clue as to why its not like it used to be, is the yellow text in your first screenshot

"You must be alive to perform this action." ;)

That's what I was thinking.... decay/time would go down significantly /

The sad thing is MA has mastered the art of sucking peds from the limited player base..
I just wish they'd learn how to retain vast magoriyt of the players who taste the game!

Oh and I remember the vast amounts of complaints about that back then as well :laugh:

I think the change is more likely linked to what Mega has pointed out!

Last edited:
This will be one of the main reasons why I'll leave Calypso for another planet.

It's just too frustating and annoying not knowing the facts even after the event. For example the wastelanders events impossible to really know what prizes were given.

I'm just hoping one of the other PP's has sense to actually publish such data after an event if not during an event.

I always thought this too. I doubt it means much, and who knows if they will ever do anything about it, but Xenobiologist Charles DID say he has asked to have functionality implemented that will give a message whenever anything unique enough is found even if it already had a discovery. He said it Saturday (maybe Friday...dont remember exactly) when he was at Solfais. Thought I would share it for anyone who wasn't there. :)

Back