Marauder
Society
Supremacy Reign
Iam Flatline Legion
I'm just wondering what the community think i should use as equipment for
hunting bristlehogs

And another setup if needed for argos.

Rifles or carbines prefered.

maturity? theres a big difference between the little 'uns on TI and the stalkers SW of neas, thier hit rate is fairly slow but it hurts a bit when they do. Ghost as a base and electric plates for the big ones. Manis is a good choice rifle/carbine. for WoF i tore through alot very quickly using Adj97 but there was a fair bit of over kill there.

maturity? theres a big difference between the little 'uns on TI and the stalkers SW of neas, thier hit rate is fairly slow but it hurts a bit when they do. Ghost as a base and electric plates for the big ones. Manis is a good choice rifle/carbine. for WoF i tore through alot very quickly using Adj97 but there was a fair bit of over kill there.

small ones mainly i think, i can take the big ones though but takes a bit to long, so a good weapon for the smaller ones, with as little overkill as possible :D

I hunt those mobs very often, I'll tell you what equipment i use:

For small Bristlehogs at TI Ghost is good.

For Argonaut, I wear Goblin+2A... I'm ok with goblin, but 2A keep me alive when 5 mobs attack all at once. other options: arscal, shogun. some ppl use ghost or vigi, i think thats over protecting.

Weapon... anything that kills the mob fast enough. I usually use H400+A103 or H380+A103.

Fap... T1 for fapping between mobs, and Fap50 for emergencies.

For the small britshle at TI I would recomand:
  • Ghost
  • P5a or Korss H400 with the best amp you can get, up to a106
  • Headoc sk20
For the argo's up to gatherer with the ocasion huner I would recomand:
  • Rascal+2a or even just rascal to gain a bit of fapping skills
  • P5a or Korss H400 with the best amp you can get, up to a106
  • Headoc sk20 and Vivo T1
With all these you need just a lot of time in order to make some nice profit with them.

Sitram

Last edited:
ok thx for the tip :D

My 2 pecs for Argos up to Guardian: You can also look at cheapest alternative basic armor like unplated Gnome or Pixie + 2A.

If you use ghost+6Bs you can kill the big ones and still use korss400 to do it. 6Bs are pretty eco plates and protect electric for 12. That extra protection will save you from a lot of fapping even on the small ones. It is only overprotection on the youngs (according to entropedia info for max damage).

6B Plates: http://entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Plating&id=17
They are really cheap too.

If you have decent Evade you don't need armour for Argonauts (until you find a Hunter). I use a Breer M4a but you might prefer somethign a bit more powerful.

i use unplated gremlin on the argos N of twin... protects perfect for those ... hunter do hit for 40+ but with the ek2600 thats not a prob.

ghost for brist.

cb19 is a nice rifle with beast amp its good.

Bristles use electric, I'd just go naked since I hate ghost....

As for argos, for small ones use pixie/gnome + 2As (you'll take around 1-5 damage), for big ones use gnome + 5As or 5Bs.

As to the weapon, Riker UL2 or UL3 unlimited work nicely with the correct amps, but not all of us have access to these nice profit-generating guns I suppose :D
P4 (L) + A104 also works wonders on argos, but it's not a rifle/carbine....
Cb13 works as well for BLP, on small argos and bristles and can be easily purchased for TT.

i use unplated gremlin on the argos N of twin... protects perfect for those ... hunter do hit for 40+ but with the ek2600 thats not a prob.

ghost for brist.

cb19 is a nice rifle with beast amp its good.

Unplated gremlin protects too much for argos north of Twin....Pixie or gnome or no armor at all is better I think.

Depends on your dodge/evade and fap. If you max the ur-125, not really any mobs Ic can think of that would cause a prob. Stalker Bristles hit quite hard+often @ dodger 22 in ghost+4c (when i last hunted them :p).

argos, I think my total armor decay for 2 hour hunt on my usual setup jag+phantom gave 40ped (whic regularly involved having at least two hunters on me).

Depends if you want to skill evade or fap

My choice is ghost in both cases. How wussy you are will determine what plates you need.

I forgot to add my two cents on argos lol. I have been skilling shortblades lately using scratcher one, pixie+5As, sk20/adjsk20/t15 at the spawn north of Twin and done well (as far as not dying). For bigger argos, ghost+5Bs are great.

For argos I would reccomend a sib rifle or carbine with a good amp ;)
Taurus or LR 41 + A103 is great for Argos, up to hunter (a bit low dmg for hunters tho).
I would reccomend rascal + 2A plates for armour.
Fap of choice, but myself I love the Ek-2600 + Vivo T1 setup, maybe a SIB fap if you want to skill paramedic, then you can use that instead of T1.

Sk-20 gives good heals, but it's way to slow for hunting.. In my opinion that is ;) the mob will hit you up to two times and regen hp before you can get back shooting at it again.. :rolleyes:

For small bristle's I would say Ghost and maybe ADJ97 or something similair :) with a SIB weapon of choice as finisher.

I would recommend no armour at all for the small Bristlehogs. Heal yourself to full health after each kill and you will notice that they are too weak to be much of a threat.

I use swords myself. If you will use a rifle or carbine, the use for armour will be even less. Why decay your ghost when you can decay a Vivo T1?

I don't hunt Argonaut enough to recommend anything.

:):sniper::)

its not hard to hunt bristles naked with p5a and a fap50 up to prov/guard

argos i like rascal 2a for nething up to hunter

Back