Something to think about for some people in this forum ...

AJack10600

Elite
Society
SPU ¦ Smart Professionals United
Larios Semai Niva
I am really happy ;) This week I have been doing some long outstanding purchases. I had these three items on my wish list for quite some time now and since I am soo happy, I want to share my experiences with you ;) Firstly I fnally, got a new Car, secondly a new TV and to top it all, a brand new MMORPG PC VU 10.0 :wtg:

Well, where should I start..

The Car I bougth is a Brand new BMW X1 :wtg: Lovely car, just came out, first edition... This Monday I went to collect it. I got the keys and got shown the car. It is really beautiful, all white, newest technology... you know how powerfull BMWs are ;) The only glitch is that there still seems to be some problem with the engine but I was assured that this problem would be solved within the next week or two. So atm I can only use the first gear of the car but eventually it will do the full programme and go all the way to 250 km/h :wtg: I love my Car !!!

My second Purchase is a brand new Flatscreen TV, Samsung, latest model ;) I got a special Promotion Price ;) It arrived at my place on Tuesday and it now has a really nice spot in my Living Room... The picture is great !!! It's still a bit buggy, i.e. it sort of switches itself off every 10 minutes. I called the Samsung helpline but they said, this is a known issue on these models but they will be trying to fix the bug eventually. Once that happens I will get a new replacement. It's newest generation model so it's normal that they don't work properly yet ;)

And last but not least I got this new PC game ;) I downloaded it just after the release and ok, I could not see anything on my PC as some settings on the graphix were totally screwed and cos it was crashing instantly but there will be bug fixes and eventually it will be ok ... I know it will ;) I am soooo excited !!!

----

OK I know I am playing the devils advocate here but what i am getting really really sick of here is the people who constantly give you shit for complaining about issues with EU and VU 10.0.

I also don't like senseless whiners but it is perfectly natural and normal to be upset if things don't work the way they should.

I am a paying MA customer and I am delivered with a product that has tons of glitches and bugs. I am allowed to say so...

I am a big fan of EU and of this game and people who know are aware that I am MAs biggest critic and biggest fan... And I will raise any issues, problems I see whenever I want to because it needs to be said.

Equally, everybody has a right to voice his experiences/ concerns / frustrations with us here. Stop calling everybody a whiner...

This VU 10.0 is a joke from a release point of view. We are living Beta testing Dummies and MA know it and we accept it. But it's not how a new product should be released, with all due respect to MA for this new engine and for the hard work some people are undoubtably doing.

I don't know why it has become normal in the IT world to accept bugs and technical glitches... I work in the finance industry on IT projects and I can assure you that if we release a product with such a quantity of bugs when it comes to money transactions... someone will kick our a**** so badly that we go bust instanly...

Stop accepting all these BUGs and unfinished releases. It's not OK !!! And to Marco who is now a "client" of MA... tell them it's NOT OK !!!

I like what you have done with CE2 although I have yet to see the full potential of this engine in this game. We are blinded by our Fan view on this game because this engine has clearly not been used to it's full potential in EU... just compare to any other Cry Engine games, even CE1 ...

Anyway, I am optimistic about the future, I want this VU to get fixed properly and to be able to play a nice game in the not so distant future without bugs. It's too late to change things now, so we have to live with it but I really really hope that MA will stop implementing untested Code like this going forward.

That's my rant of the day.... if you have to flame me for it, go for it! Or you could just think of Thumper: " If you can’t say something nice … don’t say nothing at all!“ :D

YEAH! I'll be + repping you when I'm able again, dude! In the meantime look for some EFDs coming your way.

Very well put - I'm glad you took a stand here. :headbang:

Well said. To be completely honest, at the moment I just don't really care anymore. It's too much. It's a bit like any relationship really, when someone lets you down again and again and again, but always promises to do better, there must come a point where you stop listening, as the facts stare you in the face.

I still log in, I still shoot at a few mobs from time to time, explore a little, and stand around a lot with friends, but mostly I admit to just feeling blah now even thinking of logging in most days. I don't give a rat's ass either for the opinions of most who love slagging off 'whiners', it seems to be a game to some of oneupmanship, and I'm grown thanks, not interested.

I honestly feel right now that I am simply waiting to see if the new planets ever arrive, and if so what they are like. The soul is just gone from the place for me now and I'm not addicted enough to keep throwing good money after bad. New game coming this weekend to occupy me, and at least I know I will get what I paid for.

Cheers to all of you who think this world is a bed of roses, and Brooklyn in particular, hope you have got around to sending off your application to MA/FPC for the position of personal Monica Lewinsky, though I suspect there are many more qualified candidates on this forum.

I got a flatscreen samsung tv also!! And I love it, I do dual screen and watch movies on it and it ROCKS ! ;)

and Brooklyn in particular, hope you have got around to sending off your application to MA/FPC for the position of personal Monica Lewinsky, though I suspect there are many more qualified candidates on this forum.

Bloodyhell Lee, thats not like you :confused:

Stop accepting all these BUGs and unfinished releases. It's not OK !!! And to Marco who is now a "client" of MA... tell them it's NOT OK !!!

Amen ;)

Nice thread have fun with ur new toys ;)

Well said. To be completely honest, at the moment I just don't really care anymore. It's too much. It's a bit like any relationship really, when someone lets you down again and again and again, but always promises to do better, there must come a point where you stop listening, as the facts stare you in the face.

I still log in, I still shoot at a few mobs from time to time, explore a little, and stand around a lot with friends, but mostly I admit to just feeling blah now even thinking of logging in most days. I don't give a rat's ass either for the opinions of most who love slagging off 'whiners', it seems to be a game to some of oneupmanship, and I'm grown thanks, not interested.

I honestly feel right now that I am simply waiting to see if the new planets ever arrive, and if so what they are like. The soul is just gone from the place for me now and I'm not addicted enough to keep throwing good money after bad. New game coming this weekend to occupy me, and at least I know I will get what I paid for.

Cheers to all of you who think this world is a bed of roses, and Brooklyn in particular, hope you have got around to sending off your application to MA/FPC for the position of personal Monica Lewinsky, though I suspect there are many more qualified candidates on this forum.

Exactly where I am now too. All I can say is...*yep*

Bloodyhell Lee, thats not like you :confused:

No it's not really is it, good example though of biting my tongue so long it has turned blue. As I said, it's just too much, maybe time I started speaking my mind?

You dont have much luck do you? Faulty car and TV. I'd be having a Victor Meldrew at that (British TV comedy programme) ;)

I'm sure both will be fixed in due course. How big was the TV anyway? Got any pictures of the car and TV to show us and make us envious? :)

Good humor, well constructed. We all want Planet Calypso to be the best game it can be. Sure, it started out ruff, drag for a lot of folks, myself included. Given both options I would always choose buggy VU10 over buggy VU9. MA was just as horny to release the CE2 version as we all were to receive it. the only direction now is forward.

Good luck with your BMW

Have at it, AJack - for sure MA is not a gaming company, or even a company associated with developing software in the first place. The software for them is only a means to an end, and they don't seem to know much about development cycles.

I'm a software developer, and have never seen anything like what MA is doing in my 15 year professional career.

There's something missing in their "game plan" - to treat the software as the business-critical instrument that it is, have real development cycles, do live testing...

But they know that their customers take it, so it's not that important. Well, at this particular junction it should have been, with the gaming-site exclusives, new players and such.

New graphics engine, most of the rest of the game dysfunctional - it's a mystery.

And they don't improve their ways either. It's been years and years now, and the product still looks like a bunch of teens put it together at home, or as the term in professional circles go - happy hacking :)

But I don't like throwing crap around. I play still, because I want to. That's what they count on. They can only push things so far, though.

:lolup:

You dont have much luck do you? Faulty car and TV. I'd be having a Victor Meldrew at that (British TV comedy programme) ;)

I'm sure both will be fixed in due course. How big was the TV anyway? Got any pictures of the car and TV to show us and make us envious? :)

I thought he was taking the piss mate :laugh:

Semai for president :wise:

Companies only do what they legally must, this is proven by the software industry ad nauseam.

Cars do not come flawless because the companies producing them are so kind and nice.
Also not because the consumer demands its, its proven that consumers stop caring about quality if the price is low enough.

Cars come flawless in the regards they have to because its the law.
If any shit happens due to a manufacturing flaw the company will lose lots of money in penalties and may have to recall thousands of cars.

For things that are not as critical you still have regular warranty, by law in Europe you have 2 years and the first 6 months you don't even need to prove that if something broke that it was broken by regular use.
No the first 6 months if your trader does not want to take back or replace he has to prove you broke it, most will just replace.

So anyhow now european politicians have their eyes on software and it is being considered to maybe introduce software warranty laws.
Only then we might see a reduction of software being delivered flawed.

Why should MA work better than any other company?
Producing bug free software extremely increases costs and you have neither more customers or any other form of economical incentive.

Point I want to make MA and every other gaming company will only start to deliver bug free games when law requires them to.
This might happen, but it will be some more years until any law will arrive.

I have to agree with AJack10600 over this. in games you may get some bugs but EU is more then a few bugs the list never ends and when they so called fix a bug they some how create another 10.

you say nothing is perfect and game will have bugs etc etc well what about other console game that dont need updating, they bearly ever have the bugs that we have too.

its no even a full game release, only a 1/4 of options are available to us. Its a shame that MA have chosen this path as they are scaring people away. I thought the Idea behind this new engine was to bring in new people not to scare them away.

Google "BMW Swirl Flap ingestion" and you'll find bugs in VU 10 a damn sight cheaper than BMW's problems with technology.

What you have said is not a rant and it's not whining, its just the frustrasting truth :(

I Fully agree, we should be allowed to speak our mind about it without being called "whiners" i mean yeah theres a point whare it is whining but just stating a point speaking your mind isnt whining, most of us pay to play and have a right to express our opinion ffs.

In my view this game is currently a Closed beta, in the sense of the shear volume of bugs and the fact that there is no aspect of the game to allow new players start off or quitting players sell out and leave.

For me the fact that they haven't officially made it closed beta and are allowing new players in with nothing for them to do is ridiculous. As the leader of Entropia Tour Agency i find myself asking if its really worth bothering providing TP runs to planet calypso in the future if its going to be done like this. If the new planets ever get here i can quite easily move my service to there.

Imagine how all this looks to someone that has joined after VU10, do you really think many of them are going to hang around or spread good word about eu with all the hassle we've had to get it installed and find out that there is no way to play unless they deposit even tho the website claims its "Free to play"? Ofc not! This is unacceptable and is, well could bringing EU to the point where is no longer is Unique, there's only so long till someone else does something similar while being run better. The opportunity to stay unique and become a ever increasingly awesome game is running out fast.

Dont get me wrong, there has been a slight improvement with the speed of the big fixes but, tbh it is unacceptable really and i cant wait to leave this planet, explore some of the ones Neverdie Studio has created or something.

Stave

mmm..

congratulation for all good things on this week

i am agree with you in almost all....

But i think Marco must to leave CEO of FPC and maybe another person could be a better CEO. Anyone who understand better the "babyCRYes" with a better perspective of QA and Cost-Benefit

Congratulations again!

Thanks a lot guys for all the EFDs and the +reps and especially for all the nice good hearted wishes to have fun with my new "Toys". Unfortunately none of the toys exists with the exception of VU 10.0. I tried to be Ironic... maybe I was too serious trying to make my point... :ahh:

Thx :D

Back