Sonya’s Ramblings

Sonya Heart

Prowler
Society
-= Sodan Shadows =-
Sonya Blade Heart
Sonya’s Ramblings - A new beginning.

Well never thought about a diary before, I do spend a lot of time in EU so perhaps people may be interested or perhaps not on what I think and what I get up to.

About me first, In game I am Sonya “Blade” Heart, I never was good at picking MMORPG nicknames but I have to say I think this was my best. My name was made up from ‘Sonya’ which is my favourite girls name ‘Blade’ because I was watching it at the time! And ‘Heart’ … well I don’t know why I chose that to be honest.

Im a hunter primarily but started mining quite recently, I seem to do better from mining so perhaps it will become a more full time thing. I have also recently begun crafting from the minerals I get and am skilling along nicely.

IRL I am a 28 yr old male based in the UK. I work in project management. Computers have always been a hobby of mine and sit in a study at home surrounded by them. I sometime have quite a sense of humour and think of myself as friendly and approachable.

I started EU back in March and basically play every day I can, sometimes way too much! I don’t tend to deposit much anymore which is a good thing, although sometimes it comes close!

I’ve always enjoyed EU even with the problems that come with it, This VU is obviously one of the worse in my young EU life but I know they will fix it they always do! Can’t wait for the taming and MF finishes and mostly want the graphics to be updated which must be coming soon!

I will try not to make this diary a place of venting; I have good times as well so will share them.

Well that’s my introduction, I will apologise now for the many spelling and grammatical errors that are on there way!

Finding myself….

As some people may know I have been feeling a little lost within EU, In a thread I raised about it a few people gave me some ideas on how to get out of my little rut. One of these ideas was to have “missions” or goals.

To this end I decided for me to be able to decide what to do I needed to know what I could actually do. I was resolved, I would go out and find out exactly what I can kill, No more corns and snables for me!

My mission started easily enough, Snables fell to my wrath along with daikibas, corns, fefs and prancers (133 glob on 1 of them!). Ok, I was doing the wimpy bit first.

I went over to TI, strapped on the rubber band and went for a Hog, Saw it, got chomped and revived. Ok cant take them then.

Bots next, also on TI, All the drones , no problem, SEG (lol) dead. K that’s 2 I cant take.

Suffice to say this went on for quite a bit of the weekend. Necr fell to the power of my EP-40 and 2600 and the first one I killed gave me a silent hof with a Nemesis helmet, My first non TT worthy Item!!! Warriors up to 06 fell at my feet too.

Cool so feeling quite Uber now I continued to slay them for a while. After I wend down to Nea’s to try on some ambu, No problems there, Oh wait there’s a little LA up there…. Formidons! Well I remember these spiky demons from a while ago when they feasted upon my noob self. Time for revenge. First one I killed 155 PED! Woot!

Stayed and killed all I could see. Now these buggers can give up to 20k loot so I now know I can kill something worth some money!

I needed a new target, It was getting late but I wanted to feel just that little bit more Uber, A look at the hof list gave me a target, Formicada! Now I know these little blighters can hurt ya! Well I came I saw I spanked an ant! Not much harder than the Formidons really.

Last time I tried one of them it was a disaster, My 2350 just wasn’t up to the task, but now with the power of my 2600 it was a walk over! (ok a critical hit spells doom but hey not every time!)

So in conclusion I have found I can kill a lot more than I thought I could! I spent the evening seeing how much I had lost over the weekend of mass hunting……Wait a minute that’s a +! I had made a little over 100 ped in total, had good fun and made myself feel a little uber!

There were many other mobs in-between that died, Thorio, Thorifoid, Equas, Gravidor and Longu to mention a few of my victims!

Now I what I can take Im planning my mission, Its going to take a while but Im going to Loot my next armour upgrade, Time for some Jaguar Armour!

Oh and I had my first find of Quantium….What a weekend!

Reactions: Mel
Joy and sorrow at the same time...

The Joy - My first disciple to stay in the game more than 5 minutes has informed me that after tonights hunting session he will be at 1900 HG, I felt quite an amount of pride for him as he has worked hard and sucked up all information like a sponge!

The Sorrow - I was also informed that tonight will be his final night in EU, He made the decision a few days ago that he wasnt going to be able to invest in staying even with minor losses it just wasnt enough adventure for him. When I asked him why he didnt quit when he decided he told me he didnt want to let me down and decided he would finish the disciple bit. :(

I spent a while trying to talk him out of it but he was resolved.

Tonight we hunt troxies again which (as it seems for most) are his faves to kill. Im hoping for a big hof for him which may change his mind :)

And now, Time for something completely different

Well my disciple graduated, My gift was surprisingly a good one, A Marber-Foxtrot ME!! I offered to sell it and split the cash if he would stay in the game but he turned me down :(

I was very happy with all the hard work he had put in and its quite a shame he has decided to leave, a very good person to play with, he shall be missed.

He still had a surprise in store for me though. He found that all his possessions didn’t add up to enough for a withdrawal, Instead of taking my offer to up his balance to the 1000 ped he gave me his stuff and skills!!

Ive promised to keep them in the hopes he one day returns. Guess im looking for a new disciple now, I can only hope I find one as fun!

Hunting/Mining was pretty poor last night, with all the switch weapon problems I want able to do much so called it a night.

Finding Myself....Continued

After the fun I had the other weekend I decided to go forth and see just how Uber I could make myself. My target of choice - Atrox.

Young - Provider caused no issues, criticals made me laugh. They were looting well which was nice!

Guardian - Pah no problems. This was however where I started taking hits in the double figures though.

Dominant - Supprisingly tricky, 1 critical hit of 115 was close to me going back to revival and it seemed to be able to hit me for 40 every time. It only missed me a few times too! All in all 10 Domi's fell to my feet. No problem.

Feeling quite chuffed I looked around and caught the gaze of an Alpha. Ok I though, loots suck so why not try it, If I die no problem.

Alpha - OMG what a joke. It was easier than the Domi! Has alot more HP but it fell with reletive ease. Found another and the same thing!

Ok what to do now. Never seen an Old Alpha around Ithica so down towards the rig I went. I just had to know.

Old Alpha - Caught sight of one. My fingers trembeled (spare underware was in use) I got out my ranged Foxtrot and let loose. Unbelieveable luck 2 shots from the Foxtrot both criticals got the sucker down to near 50% hp. The mini t-rex got to me, Out with the starkov-98 bang bang. It still hadnt hit me yet..25% hp left and still it hadnt hit me! 10% (ish) and it hits for 62 damage. Out with the Fap and back to the gun 1 shot off and it hits me again 43, no problems, before i knew it the thing was dead! 47 ped loot no items.

Whats next, Prowler, ha ha ha no need to test that again. (saw one not to long ago during my round trip, 80+ hits.

Im gonna do this for every mob (apart from snables I already know they are too Uber for me)

All in all 400 ped ammo and 190 decay (ish) I got back around 500 ped. For all the hours playing I can live with that once in a while, No globals though :(

A new Padawan

Well I posted for a new disciple here, no takers so far but did meet someone ingame. His drug of choice is mining. Well this guy wont be a disciple long. Saturday morning we met, I told him some places and some things I had picked up and off he went. Sunday when the server tricks over and you get ur reading of the disciples % complete I almost fell off my chair 53% in a DAY!

He hasnt needed much of my time either, just some tips or finding out what some of the stats mean. I have a feeling he could be done by tonight :eek:

Lets hope this one stays :)

A little miffed

Forgive me but im a little miffed atm, Ive done my workings for this weekends losses - 2325 PED gone, No items in hunting no globals or anything above modest in mining and 2 globals that were forced out in crafting.

I play this game hard most of the time but this is a terrible loss. I always expect to lose at this game its understood but 2k ped is taking the piss for my style of play, I aint uber, my guns arnt uber, i played for over 30 hours this weekend.

Got a 104 amp for my ore and matterfinder, Largest find ...Modest. And now all the hype on gun amps suggest its going to cost even more to carry on. Perhaps it is time for that break ive been promising myself.

After playing for seven months I would have hoped I would have found things i may have been doing wrong, Everything I try ends up in a mega loss atm. My lucky spells last 1 day while my dry spells last 1 month. Perhaps its actually time to sell everything and become a trader, at least then I will get money out of this thing.

Rant over :(

On a lighter note

My week old disciple passed, very impressed with the speed, He thinks he managed to do it breaking even which is nice. Im sure he will be an asset to the mining comunity too :D

Getting better

Last night was ok for me for once, Globaled on 82 ped Water which helped my mood a little. Enjoying the last of my opallo hunting while i can too :D

I have started looking for its replacement which is going to take me a while but I have loads of skilling in other areas to do in the meantime :D

It seems im close to 3 unlocks atm CGA, Serendipity and Melee Damage Assesment, so will see what i get first :D

Had my hair done last night too, Akoz's EFD auction winnings which tuned out well, Although my normal outfit doesnt work anymore so have had to change my entire look a bit.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Very nice i think :D thx again Akoz.

Looking forward to the new VU, hope its implemented well and that its not just crafters that get the new amps to craft, I hope some are lootable by hunters too same with weapons, otherwise everything in this world will be crafted one day and there will be no point to hunting for items or perhaps hunting at all :(.

Time will tell.

New Ranks a go go!

Well it seems that every month I get a weekend of loads of new ranks

Marksmanship
Rifle
Handgun
RDA
IRD
First aid
Manufature weapons
Prospecting
Drilling

All came this weekend. I like new ranks kinda makes me feel ive accomplished something. Also with Agility going up to 54 now I do feel im getting somewhere skill wise.

The weekends activities were spread over crafting and hunting, Crafting was mostly dampers of which a 60 ped global came in (10 mins after moving to Quantity, damn should have left it on Quality :() With a very nice jester run a few hours after where on full Quality I successfully crafter 9 times in a row giving over 100 ped in guns and residue (10 ped outlay ish) I continued the rest of the run leaving me with 150 ped return on 100 ped outlay which was nice.

Hunting was good fun, did get a Foul Leader global up on Deathifiers land which I guess will enter into the competition with about 4 ample finds in mining up there too. On my way back the molisks were paying out nicely and gave me back the losses from hunting the leaders so overall a break even on hunting.

So financially it was a case of 100% return on capital and a fair bit of fun which i can live with :)

I spent most of Sunday shopping, i wasnt in the mood for playing EU so just hogged the auctioneers attention for most of the day. In the evening I started looking for my Opalo replacement.

Breer(M2a) has the same cost to use as an Opalo+a104 (if I worked it right) its just a little slower and 2 hp less damage so overall an acceptable replacement. I know MA are going to introduce new items in guns and amps but past experience tells me that even if they are crafted or looted the Markup will be higher for the first couple of weeks so will need something to hold me :)

I must be so close to unlocking some skills soon, BPC must be round the corner as my total crafting skills sits around 3000 atm, I think CGA is close as surveying is hitting 1700 now and im told it will come soon. Not sure on the Melee unlock with 2k LB round the corner there must be one soon.

Will be at 4k rifle soon and have HA 2.8 and CH of 5.3 so I think theres a gun related unlock comming soon too, I hope so as ive been skilling a fair bit for a new skill :)

Still Waiting

Well no VU today so far so its not looking good :(

Lost about 300 ped last night hunting and mining, i hope this dryer sell ends soon its getting depressing, Hit my record of 32 no loots in a row too last night.

It definatly seems that there are times/days where i shouldnt do anything in EU although finding it tricky to locate the good days/times. Oh well perserverance i guess until it passes.

Market seems a little funny atm, seems that everything is coming down in price some things at the lowest ive seen them for a long time. Have people stopped shopping now?

Back to work i guess....

Couple of firsts

Was bored last night so wen hunting and mining in unfamiliar areas, was fun doing some exploring and even found formicada on Eudoria which I didnt know existed. Killed some of them, some warriors and maffoids (50 global on 1 :D)

While mining was very good I even had my first find of Binary Fluid, My first even though it was a tiny it was still worth 7 ped :)

Had a real good nights fun really, mad a bit of a loss but the fun was worth it. Will be continuing in new areas tonight :)

RL Achievement

I have been studying for my Prince2 Exam for the past couple of weeks and took the exam today. I passed with an acceptable score...Yay me!

It made me remember school far to much though!

Seems so long

Now in my 8th month of EU :eek:

Seems longer, Im one of these people that plays every chance i get (ok every day :D) thats probably why. Definatly something I have been enjoying.

For this weekend Im going to do something I havent done in a long time (not go outside no)

Saturday is going to be corn day, 1st half of the day (with the hangover) I will be mostly hunting corns at Argus just to get me into it, for the second half of the day i will be going for Stalkers and alike on TI.

Sunday will be a crafting morning followed by a trip upto CND for some mining, havent been up there for a while mainly due to the 5 ped increase in the trip, I dont mind so much the paying but with mining not being so good for me it just adds an extra 10 ped to the loss, However with this trip i have a free trip up from a competition (thx moonfish :D) so will be nice to try it again.

Just gotta decide whether i go amped or not..

Will report on success or failure on monday but either way im gonna have fun :)

Well its been some time, thought I had better report in :)

Since the patch that took out peds in the loot (amongst other things just the only thing that shows the patch :p) I had some issues with entertainment within EU i.e there was none for me.

For the past few months I have been elsewhere while waiting for MA to perhaps listen to people and change the game in a way that its customers wanted, for the most part it still hasnt happened, many many things we have asked for the past year still not to see them (even though promised) although we do get malls when there are still shops on TI unopened and unsold. WHO ASKED FOR MALLS, HANDS UP? :laugh:

I am now on an extended time away from EU, I will wait six months and see if the situation improves, if not I will be hitting he trade section.

Was fun for a time

Back