Soul of the Universe

Equi

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Equifax Equi Cambridge
1,2,3/9
Wearing shades under classic Calypso armor helmets

I have noticed lately people running into things or just shooting with their guns in thin air or just at random and seems like they can't even read what's going on in chat and it got me thinking. Could this have something to do with the fact we cannot put shades under the classic Calypso armor helmets anymore? Such a small detail but when you fire one gazillion laser shots we are doomed to have some damage to the eyes no? I was out hunting some Kerberos yesterday (with blp) and some player was standing quite a long distance away pointing his gun in my direction and a laser beam went through his MOB and hit right to my eyes, naturally I was blinded and got stuck in a tree for what seemed like hours not knowing up from down or left from right. My eyesight is back now fortunately, so I can write this message here to warn you. Some have been using lasers irresponsibly for years even decades now and I am a bit worried to be honest. I suggest to the most hardcore laser users to start wearing Welding Goggles but if you think that's dorky or don't fancy the goggles shades is absolutely better than nothing.

This is how we used to see if someone was a pro or noob back in the days and this is just one of many things that contributed to the Soul of the Universe and I urge all players that remember to give your 2 pecs now when the new UE5 is in development maybe we can get the Soul back if we just can remember what it was, and please keep in mind that probably most of the team in MindArk and Epic Games have absolutely no clue since this is 20 years ago now and they are probably most if not all new to the company so they don't necessarily know about old Hadesheim, or that Hogglos used to fight each other? or was it Atrox? The oil rig southwest of Nymphtown with its very distinct look.

5/9
Or the Araneatrox Prowler who lived in a crack in the mountain (looked like where Aragorn goes into the mountain to recruit army of dead) and if you dared go into that crack you were pretty much spider food since there was nowhere to run or hide.

6/9
Or the spaceship at Port Atlantis where you spawned inside when creating a character which gave the story some life even though there was no quest or anything. And Port Atlantis was buzzing with traders, mentors, new and old players who want to learn the game and it was a really nice place to hang out and just listen to the avatars ramble on while writing in trade channels and so on.

7/9
Guns used to have much better recoil animation even though it was fewer pixels the graphics were much more impactful and it was more punch in the animation when firing laser weapons, I can still remember it what it used to look like to this day.

8/9
There was a hairstyle with spikes (not the spiky hair we can choose from today, it was more like tusks in the head. Maybe someone has a screenshot?) alot of people who used to have white skin and white spikes for hair, including myself and I thought this was a pretty cool look but it was removed.

9/9
We used to have also no Foot Guard armor and people had different shoes on even when wearing armor, gave a lot more variety in players, this was also sadly removed.

I am not trying to be negative here, just want to highlight some things I thought was nice and hopefully it will be discussed in some way when creating ideas for UE5 because the Old Project Entropia was an absolute masterpiece. I have never seen anything like it, felt much more unique than today (we are slowly getting some stuff back though it seems) and had a big soul which I hope we will be able to recapture again, maybe we even get to rebuild Hadesheim as a community effort?

Been thinking about making a thread like this for some time, my thoughts is a bit scattered so I appologize if it is a hard read.

kind regards,

Equifax

Last edited:
i believe what you feel is simply "nostalgia"

it can be a great feeling, but it will never come back to what it was. times changed, online gaming changed its not what it used to be

Can't figure out how to embed images in the post, but if you go to my pictures there is a photo of the Araneatrox Valley it's called proent001, those who remember will get some nice vibes from that image for sure and can someone please elighten me as to where this was on the map?

I found also a picture of a Seizzt Ranger Scope 1900RS which had a unique look which was and still is my favorite scope but it was scratched. Now it is a little bit longer than other scopes but it still lost all that nice unique flavor. Just the details is important when cooking up something, that's all I have to say I think for today.

Thread I made a while back :)

A post I made a while back in a thread :)

Yes, many things were great :) (Some not so great - i wish they would only focus on the not so great part without removing the good stuff - it is what it is)

Cool, I didn't realize it was another thread about this will read now ;)

I remember the spider spawn and ubers stucking them on big rock. Did it once but with my massive dps back then it took me 30 min to kill one 😀

Back