Sound Stuttering

Hardicus

Stalker
Society
The Knights of Entropia
Alexa Hardicus Barrish
Hi all,

Since my first day on Calypso, when I was confronted by the ad screen at the landing zone, I have had this problem. I've always just put up with it, but now that i'm contemplating going to CND in the near future, I need to know that my sound is working correctly.

Basically: Whenever there is an ad on the ad screen, the sound stutters, give about a mburst of 1 second of sound followed by a second of no sound. It's impossible to hear what the ad is trying to say, and it also lags the PC up a bit.

The background music ingame is fine, the normal sound effects are fine, the jukebox music is fine, the 'you're a star, try hunting!' encouragements are fine...it just seems to be the ad screens.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or have any suggestions for a solution?

Thanks in advance.

I don't have a solution I'm afraid, but can confirm that I also get this problem. I have also heard quite a few others mention it too, so I kind of assumed that it is a problem that MA need to work on at their end, before the ads start in earnest.

It seems to me that the ads don't just have this sound problem, but cause lag in general - most of the larger TP areas seem quite laggy - so hopefully improving this is on the "To Do" list at MA. I would have thought that this is actually quite important for them, since external companies won't buy advertising space if the sound doesn't work or the advert graphics are jerky/cause lag etc.

Was having the exact same issues.
I would get within view of one of the big screens and sound would go to hell, lag spikes. sucked.

I put in a nice video card and poof no more issues.

Back