South American, European and the rest.... rare locations represent!

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Is your Nation represented in the WoF 2010? If not, you can make it happen!

I'm interested to know how many players there are from countries that have not yet taken part in the WoF or have had limited attendance. I'd love any response from those who are, or know, players from the following countries, preferably hunters:)

Brazil

Argentina

Mexico

Peru

Chile

Iceland

Latvia

Hungary

Bulgaria

Korea

Japan

China

Cyprus

Any of the Many I've missed...

It'd be great to know how many potential teams are out there, and whether they'd like to have a go. WoF 2010 is going to be a bit special, and more teams can only add to this.

More regular WoFFers such as Turkey, Austria, Switzerland and Germany will also be welcomed back with open arms:)

Please post here and/or find countrymen/women to post too:)

Hurrikane

I'm from Argentina and I have a couple of friends who also play, it would be great to form a team but I don't think there are many of us

I'm from Argentina and I have a couple of friends who also play, it would be great to form a team but I don't think there are many of us

Within the rules, a team can be represented on the field by a single player. Of course, that would have to be one lucky, or gifted single player indeed to get anywhere; but Serbia won a match in this way in the past:)

Hurrikane

I'm moving to Thailand in a couple weeks! Any thai playing? :D

My socmate N-X is from Venezuela and we have another couple of South Americans I think but I'm not sure which country. We also have a Lithuanian, there are quite a few of them around so they might be able to put together a decent team.

What's the official line now on grouped nations? Is it possible to have a Team Baltic or a Team South America? It seems to me that your decision to use pre-made threads is seeking to avoid that, am I right?

My socmate N-X is from Venezuela and we have another couple of South Americans I think but I'm not sure which country. We also have a Lithuanian, there are quite a few of them around so they might be able to put together a decent team.

What's the official line now on grouped nations? Is it possible to have a Team Baltic or a Team South America? It seems to me that your decision to use pre-made threads is seeking to avoid that, am I right?

Expect a box for "Other"; the Teams needing approval.

Hurrikane

I'm moving to Thailand in a couple weeks! Any thai playing? :D

There was a post on EF about a Sth East Asian team or at least a similar post to yours. Also a lot of Chinese players now as well. If your in the Southern Hemisphere you can always apply to support the nearest English speaking nation...that is if your goal is not related to learning Thai language in which case exploring local religion is a good option I am told. Best of luck in your new home and enjoy the cultural experience.

Not seen South Africa takes part for a while, been thinking about trying to get a team together for WOF 2010... but that is if I get my connection problems sorted out...

Not seen South Africa takes part for a while, been thinking about trying to get a team together for WOF 2010... but that is if I get my connection problems sorted out...

South Africa made a good showing in 2007 and 2008, but like some others, found 2009 a year they couldn't get a team ready for. Major Fluffy Putty was their Captain (also an esteemed Judge), if you contact him I'm sure a team will shortly follow:)

Hurrikane

South Africa made a good showing in 2007 and 2008, but like some others, found 2009 a year they couldn't get a team ready for. Major Fluffy Putty was their Captain (also an esteemed Judge), if you contact him I'm sure a team will shortly follow:)

Hurrikane

Thanks, will look into that :D

there's a possibility of "team celt" next year (Scotland, Ireland and Wales)

My soc has a Bulgarian player. I think he's mostly an enmatter miner but he might be tempted to try his hand at hunting, if he doesn't already.

I am from Brazil and was in WoF 2008 recruited by Kryss (Hi Kryss).
We are not many in EU/FPC.
Nice event you have here and someday maybe we will have enough firepower (and pedpower) to try it again.
Good luck to all WoF players.

I opened a thread to see if the countries of the benelux should cooperate as one team. This because smaller countries like Netherlands Belgium and Luxembourg have a hard team to get a complete competitive team together on their own.

WoF question for Belgium, Dutch and Luxembourg players

Cheers
Siam

I'm also from Brazil and I was with Fractal last time we joined WOF back in 2008. I think there are few people from Brazil playing this game, but we can give a try again if we found enough person to do a good team.

I'm also from Brazil and I was with Fractal last time we joined WOF back in 2008. I think there are few people from Brazil playing this game, but we can give a try again if we found enough person to do a good team.

Brazil were missed last year, it would be great to see you back:)

Hurrikane

there's a possibility of "team celt" next year (Scotland, Ireland and Wales)

I think the chances of this happening are pretty much nil. Had it not been for the strong Scottish/Welsh mixture in the TDO the Welsh would have turned there backs on us after last years incident. The fact that they still turned up to help after that happened was going well above and beyond and I have enermous respect for them for doing it. We certainly didn't deserve there help.

Anyway, making up some fake team is not only against the spirit of the WoF, it would also make us no better than the people that tried to make the "Tibet" team. I for one certainly wouldn't join such a team, and from what I've heard so far many more are against this idea than for it.

I think, to have done consistently so well for a country of such a small size, every year, is something to be proud of, not to be swept under the rug.
No other country with double or probably even triple our population can boast such feats as having defeated USA, Sweden (twice!) and to have made it one spot away from getting into the final 6 every year, one of which looked very very like we would make it to the final six.

Sorry, but I'm really proud of that, and really not wanting to see it cast aside to make another of these "fake" teams.

Back