Space potential

Zipu

Mature
Man, this space thing has a LOT of pontential.

I see motherships, swarms of quads coming in and out, uber repairers fixing ships under attack.
Mothership weapons could be UL, and need repairers to maintain them... I see disputes over territories.. Coalitions... Huge space crews... Even some space oil rig type of thing.. I see robot space invasions.... Oh boy the possibilities...

Anyone agrees? Any more ideas?

I see motherships, swarms of quads coming in and out, uber repairers fixing ships under attack.
Mothership weapons could be UL, and need repairers to maintain them... I see disputes over territories.. Coalitions... Huge space crews... Even some space oil rig type of thing.. I see robot space invasions.... Oh boy the possibilities...

The game controls for EU are too wonky to ever be considered another EVE online or MWFIII pvp shooter... as it is the controls suck and are hard to navigate around via space/pvp killing etc... I won't get much further into it but EU is meant for mining/crafting/hunting...

~Danimal

Well, there was a time when EU had bad graphics, bad lag, bad controls, and there were major PK wars at land grabs. So, who knows what could happen even with the current "crappy" controls?

I definitely agree. Having participated in space combat the main issues seem to be vehicle maneuverability, and these issues seem intended. A quad is quick, but makes wide turns. A mothership is slow and unwieldy, but takes alot of shots to bring it down, and a sleipnir is maneuverable as anything (Ive been in a few sleipnir vs quad fights where my sleip has actually won), but has weak armor and is pretty slow, so you better know how to use it or pray the quad pilot sucks!

Im sure more ships are on their way (Theryon wars, anyone?), so we may see space combat become more diverse.

Regarding the game controls themselves, these are customizable. I removed all of EU's original controls my first day, as the default controls are more like Second Life, which are great for socialization but bad for combat.

I changed my controls to be more like Quake III, with different control sets for hunting/mining vs flying. Flying I have most of my controls situated very close together, with 1 hand and on the mouse, so my responsiveness is quick and intuitive.

Well you just descreibed EVE :)

Well you just descreibed EVE :)

The thing is EVE space is massive! MA could make space great very easily. Make it 10 times as big. Stick in mining planets so groups can mine in PvP but also must have security as well.
Make a few jump gates for the Quads.
Space missions.
This retarded rule that Arkadia and RT can't have their own ships is stupid. Organising interplanetary wars would be good if we had planet specific ships.

I will make a new thread on potential factions

i would love to see robot invasion in space while it's going on in caly?
that would be cool adding some sort of 'migration' feature of the 'robots' in space which offers 'advanced robot parts' which could be used for a prize that is 'space' worthy ? unl ship or something neat

making space bigger and adding mining/hunting content would be fun

You know what... I'm starting to think that Mindark is missing on a huge market segment here.
A few times in the past, I've thought about trying EVE out since it is a RCE. But never really got to try it because of many reviews all over the internet which quite firmly steered me away from it. One of the most important factors to me on such reviews, was how they all said that it takes years, and quite a lot of money to become someone on EVE.

I know that all of us would LOVE to go to pre gold EU, and loot us some shinny MM and mod faps... If we knew that there was a new MMORCE comming up with good potential, a lot of us would jump on it.
And this is exactly what we got here. We have a fairly known RCE, with a respectable value to it. It is way past it's pre gold days, but.... Space isn't. Space is in it's beta days. ANYONE, without ANY skills can buy a cheap quad, cheap weapons, a cheap thruster, and they're all set to be a pirate. Join 4 or 5 of these guys, and they they're a powerful fleet. The space that we have now, could be another (let's call it for the sake of it) "pre gold EVE".

Just my 2 pecs...

The problem with EVE (in my opinion) is that it is all point-and-click. I was so disappointed when I downloaded the free trial only to find this out. I lasted a week before I gave up on it, and I really wanted it to be fun.

The reason I'm so interested in space in EU is exactly because of the potential it has. And the controls for a quad are a bit more than point-and-click.

The problem with EVE (in my opinion) is that it is all point-and-click. I was so disappointed when I downloaded the free trial only to find this out. I lasted a week before I gave up on it, and I really wanted it to be fun.

The reason I'm so interested in space in EU is exactly because of the potential it has. And the controls for a quad are a bit more than point-and-click.

I am after 2 weeks trial in it too ( I am on larger MMO test involving many other games ).
I never seen space beter implemented than there, even if we can considere it quite complex at begining.

Basicaly there are some iconic productions for some sort of system implementation. They are beter and better with years, and all later are more or less similar. If u want to make good space surely u can't miss eve.

Good space idea is also in BSG online. As for EU problrm is thta id need to keep actual Vehicle interface.

I am after 2 weeks trial in it too ( I am on larger MMO test involving many other games ).

Could you send a PM of that list, would appreciate if the downers where omitted. Thanks in advance and please use PM, just so we don't break the preciioooouuuusssss forum rules..

MA f*beeep up piracy,
there's simply too many illegal ways to exploit space in travelers favor.

imo.. make us happy and give us a space rig
just to set our minds on something diffrent for the time being.

Last edited:
MA fucked up piracy,
there's simply too many illegal ways to exploit space in travelers favor.

imo.. make us happy and give us a space rig
just to set our minds on something diffrent for the time being.

I'd hate to spoil your ego, but I very much doubt it would be pirates that would rule the space rig.

Not to mention pirates carrying lootable oil stacks,..... now that really is turning the tables.

Also as most pirates are pretty guttless when it comes to carrying loot, I say bring it on for some space fun.

This would be good for all the motherships out there :)

like the Alabama That SoF runs!!!

woot bring on the INVAsion who needs a unl quad when you can use a MS

When I think Space combat, I think back over a decade.

1999: Free Space 2.

A couple years later?
2001: Independence war 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQfllAxBwCc

Both of those had pure newtonian space physics.

But you know why we'll never have this? 1-2 Shots per PED. As long as that price is that high, space combat will be WAY too cost prohibitive. The fact is as long as someone is footing the bill, fighting is expensive. And security is never an ROI, just an operating cost. And wartime economies never end well.

But you know why we'll never have this? 1-2 Shots per PED. As long as that price is that high, space combat will be WAY too cost prohibitive. The fact is as long as someone is footing the bill, fighting is expensive. And security is never an ROI, just an operating cost. And wartime economies never end well.

Agreed there should be a switch for all weapons and gun turrets in space to switch between hunting and pvp mode - in hunting the weapons could have their current stats but in pvp their ammo burn should be 10-100 times less and their should be other shooting ranges adjusted to what mindark deems balanced for pvp battles.
The first thought when going to attack a mothership shouldnt be 'Oh this will be expensive' it should be 'Oh this will be hard'.

Back