Question: Space travel in a Sleipnir Mk1 (C)?

NevadaJake

Elite
Drake Slade Corbett
Am I insane to attempt to travel to Arkadia and Planet Cyrene in my Sleipnir Mk1 (C)? I have been putting off a trip from Calypso until after October 9th, 2012 (wrapping up some low-level ICs). Am I likely to just get pwned over and over by Quads?

1. How long does it take on average for my little ship to cross the void?
  2. How much oil will it take (average)?
  3. What happens if you run out of gas in space?
  4. Is it worth it for me to shoot back?
  5. I heard "T" doesn't work, why?
I have no plans to carry lootables with me and will TT any lootables I may acquire before leaving a planet.

Am I insane to attempt to travel to Arkadia and Planet Cyrene in my Sleipnir Mk1 (C)? I have been putting off a trip from Calypso until after October 9th, 2012 (wrapping up some low-level ICs). Am I likely to just get pwned over and over by Quads?

1. How long does it take on average for my little ship to cross the void?
  2. How much oil will it take (average)?
  3. What happens if you run out of gas in space?
  4. Is it worth it for me to shoot back?
  5. I heard "T" doesn't work, why?
I have no plans to carry lootables with me and will TT any lootables I may acquire before leaving a planet.

Plan 2 hours Calypso to Arkadia, that includes some extra time for figuring out which way to fly. It takes only a few ped of oil. If you run out, you will be stuck until you get someone to rescue you. Don't bother shooting back. T does work in space.

Remember to take peds, RK-5 and welding wires, and don't take any lootables. Oil in fuel tank is not lootable, so you might as well take plenty. Unless you want to be shot down over and over, avoid taking predictable routes, and avoid leaving the safe zone if a pirate is watching you.

Sleipnirs are excellent means of travelling for those not in a hurry and not afraid of lurkers! Untinterrupted, breath-taking voyage through space - giving you enough time to collect some thoughts.

Just make sure to avoid some of the more adventurous corners of space marked in blue on the space maps kept by EFA Kronan crew.

Alternatively catch a cheap scheduled flight or mingle with EFA Space Academy crew.

Last edited:
If you dont have any loot and you do have a RK-5 and welding wire, then a VTOL is plenty to get you to your destination.

Even if there are Pirates they can only kill you. You just repair up and go again no worrys. (sometimes takes a few times because they enjoy griefing :/ )

If you are still worried about it, check out EntropiaTransport.com we offer free flights with a recomended donation to the Captain, so you can travel on the ship and chat with the crew and learn more about space as you go.

There are really lots of options out there, easiest way to learn is by doing it, just make sure you have your RK5 and wire before you go.

Good Luck and have fun :)

narfi

The last time I made the trip in my vtol, it took about 90 minutes...twice what a quad takes. When you first enter space, as you probably already know, you're in the safe zone at the space station. Use your time there to figure out which way is "up" and how to go in a straight line. There's a button in the commands book on your tool bar that re-orients your ship to level flight. Put it on your desktop and learn how to use it. Otherwise, its real easy to just sit there and spin or tumble rather than go in the direction you need to go. Practice first.

Take more oil than you think you need. It doesn't take much, but better too much than too little. Also, like it was said earlier, take a gook rk-5 and a couple K of wire. You don't want to get shot down and trapped on a space station because you can't repair your ship.

Once you clear the space station, you should be safe. It may take a couple tries to get out because of pirates, but there are times when they're less likely to be around. In that commands book there are buttons to make the dashboard and the upper toolbar/desktop icons go away. Map them to your keyboard and remember where they are. Once you're in space you can clear the stuff off your screen and get a great view of space. Then just kick back and enjoy the ride.:)

i would just use the "T" drive if i was traveling with a VTOL,

every time you cross a server boundary, hit "T". this puts you at the space station of that server. you still have to do lots of regular flying, but carefully cutting corners you can reduce flight times.

Back