Special TP Chips

Sub-Zero

Elite
Society
Classified
Sub-Zero The Killer
If anyone has watched dragon ball Z in their lifetime they know that Son Goku learned the "instant-transmission" technique (after the planet namek exploded) eh spoilers :laugh: Well anyway wouldn't it be super cool. If MA introduced such a Teleportation chip, that would allow people to teleport to other planets.

Now I know what ya are gonna say.. they'd never do it because of "economy" and all that.
But if we could come up with some restrictions then maybe they might do it.

These new TP chips would be rare limited TP chips and only gained from special tokens after trading XX amount of these special tokens to a NPC - To get these special tokens each time you teleport with your TP chip gives you a chance of getting something like 0-2 special tp tokens, this is just an example. MA decides the amount and the frequency of course.

This in turn would make people use TP chips which in return would increase the MU on ME which in return might increase the demand on sweat which will be good for the overall economy.

There can be a fee of say XX ped to teleport to a planet. Depending on the TP chip that you get you can only teleport to the closest available planet say for example Calypso -> Cyrene then Cyrene -> Arkadia and so on.
(This would still make MS a cheaper option). The important factor here is allow players to get from point A to point B whenever they want (If they have this rare chip of course) for when no MS is available or they simply want a complete safe way to travel between planets.
This would provide an alternative to Motherships. Since they are not always available. And plus it's way cooler to just simply teleport between planets instantly - They could add a cooler and longer animation using these new TP chips for the fun factor ;).

Now I'm pretty sure every MS owner will hate me for this thread.. but I'm only trying to make the game better for everyone. Time is the most important thing in this game. Instead of waiting for a MS or paying something like 30 ped for a "vip-flight" one could then use this chip for such emergencies.

Do you like this idea? What can be improved? Post your thoughts I'd like to hear the community's opinion on this. :wise:Let the discussion begin.

maybe a chip that does that on a planet which i think there is one...... that has a huge radius but not for planet to planet to skip space...
not a good idea

space = good and needed

a chip that makes sprit bomb would be cool...:)

Highest TP chip ever droped by now is lvl 7 and have radius about 14 km - or it cover almost entire continent like Eudoria or Amathera.
Exist another chip and is Wormhole Chip.
That chip was able to open wormhole to other planets.
Ppl used it to travel to CP for example.
But MA disabled that ability and future use out of planet got forbiden
Some ppl got temp ban for using it to travel in space.
Today it work only on planet where it can reach any point and transfer 20-30 and more ppl at once.
Bad thig is long concetration period about 16 secs, big coldown about 20 secs, durability mediocre - so big decay and massive usage of mind essence - 67800 ME = 6.78 peds + MU so about 10 peds per try.(+ chip and implant decay and cost to get a lot of skills to use it properly)
But if many ppl travel at once cost get divided.
So yes, if we forget that comunity need to pay other ppl investments in spaceships by using them and paying travel costs, chip wud be wery cheap, safe and instant travel possibility.
Many MF users still hope...

might as well suggest making a MF chip that is maxed at lvl2 and places peds in you ped card for free :rolleyes:

This idea and any other that circumvents current space travel options, would be disastrous to the game.

PVP is intentional, it will not go away, it is intended to promote use of warp ships, the Ped invested in them, and the players who chose that route. I am sure if you spent at minimum 50k, up to several hundred k, that you would feel not only slighted but cheated out of the investment. If it has no use there can be no return on investment, nor the ability to sell it.

This is like saying, I would like to hunt mobs off of the land area to avoid the tax.
If there isn't incentive for people to invest in these things, then no-one will buy, or contribute to the economy.

Not only would you alienate and disgruntle some of the most vested players in the game,
but anyone looking into the game would probably never gain enough faith to play.

I think that kind of move actually could bring media attention, the bad kind....and then all players lose everything.

what would be cool is the wormchip holder would able to open a TP anywhere on the planet they are on and allow people to it instead of having someone there to do it

i would be lazy enough to spend the decay/ME and do it a lot more then i should

This idea and any other that circumvents current space travel options, would be disastrous to the game.

PVP is intentional, it will not go away, it is intended to promote use of warp ships, the Ped invested in them, and the players who chose that route. I am sure if you spent at minimum 50k, up to several hundred k, that you would feel not only slighted but cheated out of the investment. If it has no use there can be no return on investment, nor the ability to sell it.

This is like saying, I would like to hunt mobs off of the land area to avoid the tax.
If there isn't incentive for people to invest in these things, then no-one will buy, or contribute to the economy.

Not only would you alienate and disgruntle some of the most vested players in the game,
but anyone looking into the game would probably never gain enough faith to play.

I think that kind of move actually could bring media attention, the bad kind....and then all players lose everything.

Investment in MF started many years before space and money invested lie locked in skills and chips all that years.
Today chips and implants are changed, maybe skill requirement too but fact remain that it took money and wery long time to skill up with rare chips wich were at disposition.
Just admit that you dont have any idea of what amount of money and time was invested in skiling MF - psychotropy skill in that time by using chips and implants aviable in that time with cost of ME at 400% MU wich went down trought years but never less than 220% just to be able to use wormhole chip efficiently - about 6k skillpoints as minimum of psychotrophy to get success rate Excellent.
Btw i was owner of hangar and spaceship and price i paid is nothing compared to MF skilling.

I love this idea. Yes, please, kill yet another social aspect of the game so we are all separated from each other and have less fun.

I love this idea. Yes, please, kill yet another social aspect of the game so we are all separated from each other and have less fun.

No needed, just let more options.
-You want pk? - grab your quad and let pirates find you.
-You want transport resources or or hunt space mobs? - use mothership
-You want fast travell to another planet for an event? - ask your local mindforcerer.
-You dont want to pay other ppl services? - use NPC driven spaceship or pay interplanetar TP.

Im sure we cud have more options as we have now.

If any type of teleporting with Mindforce would be allowed to other planets, it should be with current unlimited Wormhole chips. Also, the cost to do it should be raised from regular Wormhole use, and anyone travelling this way should not be able to bring any item, except perhaps equipped clothing, to avoid taking too much business away from Space.

This way, people wanting to explore other planets can do so without travelling through space, while people that want to do trading or higher level hunting must go through space.

Ofc, not sure this would be all that useful since we already have basically completely safe warp chips that can travel nearly instantly between planets for a fee.

EDIT: Another way of doing it could be to introduce "Space Mindforce", with a special Power Amp Sphere being added to the ship which the MF user would have to be in. Wormhole chip could then be used to open a wormhole that the ship can fast-travel through, with some kind of benefits and drawbacks compared to regular warp.

Ok so how about players can't bring any stackables with them? Remember this will be a rare chip L chip. And also
remember before space was opened the fee of traveling to planets was 25 peds. And if in not misstanken that fee went to the hangar owners when space got introduced. Same can be Applied here.. It world be like each mothership owner would get a % of that fee split evenly.
Another requirement to use these chips could be you must have "focus" activated on you because teleporting to a planet would require a lot of focus. If MA wants they can even limit the amount of time in between jumps per say X min/hours so players can't influence the other planets markup. The point of this idea is to allow a way of instant travel when they want it instead of waiting for a MS etc

But don't just think of MS owners guys. There's loads of high lvl MF users who spent a fortune skilling it for years. About the wormhole chip. I think it would be nice if it could teleport only 1 person at once to the closest planet. The other new rare L chips won't all be able to teleport for example from planet calypso to next island obviously there would be a limit. Perhaps only the rarest to chip of all could do it but it would decay insane amount.
Please think of the good of all not just a group of people who invested. Remember this might actually increase demand on ME. So price go up a bit and then even sweat go up. Which means more likely for players to play longer etc. MS travel will still be the king of space travel. And with my fee idea there's absolutely nothing to complain about.

Last edited:
Investment in MF started many years before space and money invested lie locked in skills and chips all that years.
Today chips and implants are changed, maybe skill requirement too but fact remain that it took money and wery long time to skill up with rare chips wich were at disposition.
Just admit that you dont have any idea of what amount of money and time was invested in skiling MF - psychotropy skill in that time by using chips and implants aviable in that time with cost of ME at 400% MU wich went down trought years but never less than 220% just to be able to use wormhole chip efficiently - about 6k skillpoints as minimum of psychotrophy to get success rate Excellent.
Btw i was owner of hangar and spaceship and price i paid is nothing compared to MF skilling.

I wont even begin to say how much ped I spent on old ME either, but sure I could've bought a brand new car in eal life with it....LOL.

I agree with Dan, there is a place for MF with inter planetary travel. Even if there was a restriction that did not allow stackables to be carried. Or weight restriction.

I would buy an inter-planetary travel chip, if it was possible, and MA would make some serious cash out of sales. Although they should come with a decent skill requirement.

Would be really nice to transport hunters across space too, just for the pure pleasure of being able to do it. without stackables in transport this is a possibility. I would expect to see a new type of chip though.

Rick

I wont even begin to say how much ped I spent on old ME either, but sure I could've bought a brand new car in eal life with it....LOL.

I agree with Dan, there is a place for MF with inter planetary travel. Even if there was a restriction that did not allow stackables to be carried. Or weight restriction.

I would buy an inter-planetary travel chip, if it was possible, and MA would make some serious cash out of sales. Although they should come with a decent skill requirement.

Would be really nice to transport hunters across space too, just for the pure pleasure of being able to do it. without stackables in transport this is a possibility. I would expect to see a new type of chip though.

Rick

Love the idea of avatars being able to teleport between planets ONLY if they are carrying no stackables :D it's a great idea, I really hope MA sees this and realizes it! It would be so cool :)

I would buy a chip like that, no doubt.

I hate spending 40 mins driving through space

Even if it costs like 2-3 ped oil (can't be much more than that?) it takes fucking ages, I would rather see a increase in oil cost to 8-10 ped per run between Caly and Arkadia (longest travel IIRC?) and speed increased... We just fly really slow, look at another ship standing still and put the pedal to the metal.... We're going in the speed of a go-cart lol

I think you're here trying to fix something that's not broken, or rather it's broken but you propose to ultimately smash it to pieces :D

There are so many vip flights offers that anyone who want an instant flight can get summoned nearly faster than he would charge up his chip :), providing that he have plenty of captains on his FL. The offer so greatly exceeds the demand that any alternative way of space traveling is the last thing this universe needs.

But don't just think of MS owners guys. There's loads of high lvl MF users who spent a fortune skilling it for years.

The latter still can apply their skills somewhere else. The former would just lose their business.

I don't own a MS/PT so shouldn't care but I just imagine how I'd feel if my profession was made obsolete or greatly cut down on demand overnight.

The latter still can apply their skills somewhere else. The former would just lose their business.

I don't own a MS/PT so shouldn't care but I just imagine how I'd feel if my profession was made obsolete or greatly cut down on demand overnight.

Some ppl lost their bussines due to development of vehicles and space.
And was well addvertised also here on forum as turistic travel agency - using wormhole chip.
MF users lost their investmet and dream on future possible services and bussines.
Did you ever asked your self for what is ethernal language?
Ma said that they dont want just another ranged profession but that it must offer more then that.
Well wormhole and tp chips gave idea on future job, sevices and bussines.
Same for Reviver profession - go see old pics - we had "Reviver" profession, we had dead language wich cud be understood only by skilled Revivers - it was meant for future job - to be able to deal about reviving price .
MF users lost a lot.
Not to mention that i was more than a year without my primary weapon - chip after VU10 and that in that period we had one or two 2X or 3X skill bonus events where MF users cud not participate.
Hangar owners got paid in all that time.
I dont acept that MA behavior need to became common but by experience ( investigating professions, some melee professions, taming...) it need wery litle to became usual specialy with help of part of comunity who dont cara about anything.
That path lead to say what hapened to us MF users or to tamers or tailors or to scientists investigators and other - that cud easily happen to you and your profession or any other profession or working service and bussines.
So must be a way in midle that cud be accepted by all.

I have taken to calling chips that would work across the universe as universal chips.

Make chip L, make chip use ton of MF, make chip usable by only 1% of EU, then drop a bunch of them.

Same with heal chips and resurrection chips please.

Love the idea of avatars being able to teleport between planets ONLY if they are carrying no stackables :D it's a great idea, I really hope MA sees this and realizes it! It would be so cool :)

I would buy a chip like that, no doubt.

I hate spending 40 mins driving through space

Even if it costs like 2-3 ped oil (can't be much more than that?) it takes fucking ages, I would rather see a increase in oil cost to 8-10 ped per run between Caly and Arkadia (longest travel IIRC?) and speed increased... We just fly really slow, look at another ship standing still and put the pedal to the metal.... We're going in the speed of a go-cart lol

Ok how about MA adding a "turbo" button that uses X amount of oil in a min to get a boost while u fly?
That should increase the oil usage but at same time travel much faster (2x - 3x or faster than that)

I would like to see that option too same with Wormhole option as it gives more "life" to the game once we have more variables in the professional.

Some ppl lost their bussines due to development of vehicles and space.
And was well addvertised also here on forum as turistic travel agency - using wormhole chip.
MF users lost their investmet and dream on future possible services and bussines.
Did you ever asked your self for what is ethernal language?
Ma said that they dont want just another ranged profession but that it must offer more then that.
Well wormhole and tp chips gave idea on future job, sevices and bussines.
Same for Reviver profession - go see old pics - we had "Reviver" profession, we had dead language wich cud be understood only by skilled Revivers - it was meant for future job - to be able to deal about reviving price .
MF users lost a lot.
Not to mention that i was more than a year without my primary weapon - chip after VU10 and that in that period we had one or two 2X or 3X skill bonus events where MF users cud not participate.
Hangar owners got paid in all that time.
I dont acept that MA behavior need to became common but by experience ( investigating professions, some melee professions, taming...) it need wery litle to became usual specialy with help of part of comunity who dont cara about anything.
That path lead to say what hapened to us MF users or to tamers or tailors or to scientists investigators and other - that cud easily happen to you and your profession or any other profession or working service and bussines.
So must be a way in middle that could be accepted by all.

I have agree 100% with Dan

I got into MF for all the special reasons.

Sure it's 'ok' to be able to use any MF chip in game right now, but the 'cool' stuff that made MF special seems to have lost it's way.

That period we lost the use of our chips was real sad, but at least SME made it viable for many more people when it came back, and for that it was a good change.

But some truly amazing powers is missing, and an inter planet chip would bring some of the coolness, that made MF truly special back again. Besides its no different than travelling in quad if carrying no stacks, so MS owners have lost little, and there's huge potential to open up and get the whole planetary system used much more.

All that said bet I wont be able to afford a dam chip, even if they came on the market...LOL.

Rick

I'd like to see a personal MF pod ship that you can weave around yourself to travel to space (or on planet). Speed is 3-5x faster than quad, maneuverable but has no weapons or armor. Would consume ME as you move through space. Profession same as TP chips. Top speed maybe inversely proportional to amount of weight carried.

This idea won't work.

If it is introduced in some form (e.g. allows you to transport but without carrying any items be they stackable or not and not even wearing clothes since clothes obviously interfere with long distance mindforce body integrity and also high cost to use) people will then complain. They will say cost is too high, why can't we transport items etc etc...

"Give them an inch they'll take a mile"

Therefore it can't be introduced in any shape or form.

Back