Stamina - Does it increase your hp?

SammySosa

Alpha
Sammy Sosa SammySosa
So there's a quest that raises your stamina by one point. Will having 2 points in stamina affect HP in any way?

I noticed my HP went up after finishing a Mission that gave 1 Stamina Point.

So yes, Stamina affects Health.

i didn't seem to notice it effect my hp any when i gained my 10th point.

Yeah my HP went up when I gained Stamina

you have to consider that "old" avatars had 9 stamina pts from the start

1 point stamina gives approx 0,1 health (according to Entropedia).

/Argentum

Now that we can actually gain stamina, we can verify the value on Entropedia that was extracted when we only had values of 9 and 1 to work with. Scan your skills just before and after gaining the stamina point and see what the exact increase in health is!

Took my HP from xxx.76 to xxx.87, so it seems that the 10.81 stamina/HP on Entropedia is too low. It needs to be slightly less than 10 stamina/HP for that result to make sense.

1) I'm rusty, maybe overlooked something
2) Didn't really consider whether granularity of health bar could give this result

In any case, nice to get over 1/10 HP for a simple mission.

PS The lampposts are all around the lake/swamp. You don't have to wander off into the wilderness looking for them. xD

took my hp from xxx.76 to xxx.87, so it seems that the 10.81 stamina/hp on entropedia is too low. It needs to be slightly less than 10 stamina/hp for that result to make sense.

1) i'm rusty, maybe overlooked something
2) didn't really consider whether granularity of health bar could give this result

in any case, nice to get over 1/10 hp for a simple mission.

Ps the lampposts are all around the lake/swamp. You don't have to wander off into the wilderness looking for them. Xd

1/ .0925

you have to consider that "old" avatars had 9 stamina pts from the start

Oh you mean the senior citizens, where are their old folks home FPC?
or do they spend their old days in one of the castle's these days? :D

yes 9%. That is one point of stamina is 0.09 points of health ;)

That could very well be it. It's what jdegre has on his chipping calculator, but entropedia is different (and apparently wrong).

I vaguely remember having the entropedia values work better for the datasets back when i was crunching numbers to find attribute health contributions. I don't think i tried again after the discovery that strength is different from agi, int, and psyche, so that's probably where the difference came from.

I'll change the entropedia value to 0.0925 as it's closer to the correct value than what's currently there.

Watch it, young whippersnapper! We may be old fogies but we still have 9x your stamina. ;)

Last edited:
That could very well be it. It's what jdegre has on his chipping calculator, but entropedia is different (and apparently wrong).

I vaguely remember having the entropedia values work better for the datasets back when i was crunching numbers to find attribute health contributions. I don't think i tried again after the discovery that strength as different from agi, int, and psyche, so that's probably where the difference came from.

I'll change the entropedia value to 0.0925 as it's closer to the correct value than what's currently there.

yeah, the attributes were wrong in HP for a very long time, both in entropedia and in the chipping tool, when they were all set at 2.5%.

but as a result of this thread, all attributes including stamina were nailed down completely, as far as we have been able to test. the attributes' HP influence in the chipping tool have not changed since that thread was "finished" (almost 2 years ago).

btw, you have plenty of posts in that thread, doer :)

yeah, the attributes were wrong in HP for a very long time, both in entropedia and in the chipping tool, when they were all set at 2.5%.

but as a result of this thread, all attributes including stamina were nailed down completely, as far as we have been able to test. the attributes' HP influence in the chipping tool have not changed since that thread was "finished" (almost 2 years ago).

btw, you have plenty of posts in that thread, doer :)

Well that's what i get for trusting Entropedia. ;)

We went through that process enough times before we got enough data to nail it down the right way that i tend to forget the final outcome. Thanks for the reminder. :)

It's good to see that the new stamina bonuses confirm the assignment.

Took my HP from xxx.76 to xxx.87, so it seems that the 10.81 stamina/HP on Entropedia is too low. It needs to be slightly less than 10 stamina/HP for that result to make sense.

1) I'm rusty, maybe overlooked something
2) Didn't really consider whether granularity of health bar could give this result

In any case, nice to get over 1/10 HP for a simple mission.

PS The lampposts are all around the lake/swamp. You don't have to wander off into the wilderness looking for them. xD

Did you log out just before gaining the Stamina?
If you gained HP while playing and did not log out, your HP is not updated correctly so you scan is not correct.

/Slupor

Did you log out just before gaining the Stamina?
If you gained HP while playing and did not log out, your HP is not updated correctly so you scan is not correct.

/Slupor

Yup, i had to log out before it changed at all. Really insidious bug, that.

Well that's what i get for trusting Entropedia. ;)

We went through that process enough times before we got enough data to nail it down the right way that i tend to forget the final outcome. Thanks for the reminder. :)

It's good to see that the new stamina bonuses confirm the assignment.

I've entered the 10.81 into entropedia back then (as you can see on the wiki version history page) - it was completely resolved already, in the thread Jdegre linked here already (thx for the confirmation tho).

And if you take a closer look 10.81 is the reciprocal of .0925... must've been tired as i entered it... (yes, stupid mistake, i know... and sorry for the necro :p )

As one of the senior citizens, forget the old age home! Just pop some Geritol, drink some date juice, and put on a new pair of Depends and I am ready to ROCK and play some PE! :D

Now that we can actually gain stamina, we can verify the value on Entropedia that was extracted when we only had values of 9 and 1 to work with. Scan your skills just before and after gaining the stamina point and see what the exact increase in health is!
tbh i dont think the 9 stamina us older ppl have had any effect, while the one you get with quests nowadays do increase your HP
if i get the following wrong, just tell me, but what is known (afaik)

older ppl started with 90 HP, new ones with 88
older ppl had 20 str, agi, int, psyche and 9 stamina
new ones have 1 everywhere

now it is known, that 1 HP is given with 20 strength, 40 agi (so 0.5 from old ppl start), 80 int/psyche ( so 0.25 for int and psyche from older ppl sums up to 0.5 for both)
which gives together 2 HP difference
which again is the difference in HP of old and new ppl

now the 9 stamina cant have been in that calc, else it would be dunno, 92 HP or something

but maybe i dont remember the starting HP right, but if i do, i dont think that the 9 starting stamina had an effect (which would be a bug then ofc :p)

I believe we started with 90.8 hp or so :p

But in the old days it didn't show how far you were between health

@ Alice
The contribution of Stamina to health was known before the quests, and turned out to be exactly right. That was based entirely on the difference between health of avatars created before and after the change. :)

So, stamina does what it always did: now, we can actually increase it.

After taking a break, I had to get my account reactivated, and ended up with 1 stamina instead of 9. That has recently been corrected, and I had done the beginnersmissions, so I went from 2 to 10, before my health was just having hit 120 HP, to almost being near getting 121HP (as in, on screen being in the numbers that say 120), I'm guessing about 120.7 or 1280.8 or something

@ Alice
The contribution of Stamina to health was known before the quests, and turned out to be exactly right. That was based entirely on the difference between health of avatars created before and after the change. :)

So, stamina does what it always did: now, we can actually increase it.
ah, oki, didnt guess :)

1 Stamina = 0.925 HP.

So if you started with 9 in stamina and got 1 stamina now you gained 0.925 HP.:)

What's the best way to increase your stamina because i've only ever managed to increase it with the mission :confused:

I thought it was melee weapons but even after skilling with melee weapons there was no increase... :scratch2:

Last edited:
What's the best way to increase your stamina because i've only ever managed to increase it with the mission :confused:

At this time, missions are the only way to increase stamina.

Some of us went 5+ years without increasing it. Hence the excitement from some of us about the mission rewards. :)

Back