Question: StarDrifter's Question 1

Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Star StarDrifter Drifter
StarDrifter's Question 1 - Apartment / Shop Deeds

G'day,

Background:

My partner and I are both active players, and between us hold several deeds for apartments and a shop.. with a view to expand on these.

At the moment, to add items to the shop, or to place something in the apartment, we need to trade the deed and take ownership, or trade all the items to the other.

This is not always easy, as we really only have 1 "stable" PC at the moment, or my partner may want to do something while I'm at work.

I can see this being an issue also, (maybe even more so) for business partnerships or joint ventures with Land Area / Shop / Mothership Ownership. ( I could be wrong with Mothership, as I'm not familiar with the mechanics, but assume similar).

Question:

Would it be feasible to introduce a system where we can add another player to a VIP list on the deeds we hold that gives them rights to place / remove items or set shop prices?

Maybe expand on the current access list when the apartment is set to private mode. Something similar to the current "Vehicle Passenger List" with tick boxes for driver / gunner seat.

Thanks & Regards,

StarDrifter

Last edited:
Reactions: Geo
Thank you for your feedback and suggestions.

Regarding your question it would be feasible to introduce such a system as you describe.

We understand that there are situations where it would be beneficial to allow other users access to estates, but there are a lot of aspects to consider with regards to security and complexity. This goes for all types of estates.

Reactions: Geo
This would be particularly beneficial to Mothership and Privateer owners.
As it is now, the only time income is available to ship owners is a short window when they are able to be online and on the ship.

A complete overhaul of the Guest List system needs to be done. Include with that the ability to Assign New Roles on the ship, Alphabetical Organization of guest list, Selective Summons so as not to mass summon everyone on the guest list and fixing font bug after selecting to remove someone from guest list so that you can do multiple changes before having to submit the change.

Last edited:
yes i'm for a guest list overhaul ...

from on the ground perspective there's something weird about finding the persons name in a list and giving permission to enter the passenger seat and then selecting passenger or driver . especially if you've had the vehicle for a long time. more than once i've had to scroll up and down looking for this hitch-hikers name that i can barely see if its selected or not. mean time he/she already in seat waiting for me now and saying, "come on whats the holdup now"?

also, from the vehicles as storage perspective. i don't even have fuel in them and when i'm sorting my stuff in the pitbulls in storage i'm constantly opening that annoying guest list that's never going to be used.

so revamp or removal vote ++ from me. thanks for suggestion. goodluck with the revamp

Back