Starting out - Lots of questions

Savaru

Ok so I just recently started playing the game and feeling a bit confused and overwhelmed with some of the in game mechanics and the game in its entirety. So some basic questions:

1) How do I make my character stronger (or level up sort of speak)? How is my health and such calculated against enemies?

2) If Im playing with a friend, is there anyway for me to heal them or vice versa?

3) From the weapons Ive used thus far, I really like the laser rifle...but it chews up ammo like crazy. Is there a better more ammo efficient one, and how do I go about buying it?

When you go out hunting you will gain skills (the green lines you get in the chat at tje left bottom of your screen). Some of these skills wil get your health up and thus make you stronger. You can find which skills contribute the most on www.entropedia.com I suggest you add that particular website to your favorites as it is one of the best sites for lots of info about this game. You might try some melee weapons as they will probably get your health up faster than laser weapons.
About the healing: short answer is yes. You can heal your friend and vica versa.
Weapons can be bought from the trade terminals as you probably already found out for the laser weapon you are using. Once you skill up it might be good to use more powerfull weapons, you can either loot them if you're lucky or buy them from auction terminals. Third option is to craft them but I wouldnt suggest that to newer players. Make sure you use only weapons that you max. You can see this in the weapons description, you should see there under the weapons requiered skill lvl that you are at 100%.

Last and most important advice I can give you is to get a mentor ingame to help you out with all your questions. Best is to take one that is active at the hours you usually play.

Hope this will you send you in the right direction and welcome to the game!

Fronske

I appreciate the information...slowly getting a feel for the game mechanics and stuff. More questions will follow as I explore throughout the game. Thanks again!

get yourself educated

When you go out hunting you will gain skills (the green lines you get in the chat at tje left bottom of your screen). Some of these skills wil get your health up and thus make you stronger. You can find which skills contribute the most on www.entropedia.com I suggest you add that particular website to your favorites as it is one of the best sites for lots of info about this game. You might try some melee weapons as they will probably get your health up faster than laser weapons.
About the healing: short answer is yes. You can heal your friend and vica versa.
Weapons can be bought from the trade terminals as you probably already found out for the laser weapon you are using. Once you skill up it might be good to use more powerfull weapons, you can either loot them if you're lucky or buy them from auction terminals. Third option is to craft them but I wouldnt suggest that to newer players. Make sure you use only weapons that you max. You can see this in the weapons description, you should see there under the weapons requiered skill lvl that you are at 100%.

Last and most important advice I can give you is to get a mentor ingame to help you out with all your questions. Best is to take one that is active at the hours you usually play.

Fronske

I think Fronske is correct here: get yourself a mentor. Preferably in your timezone and at least 2 years ingame. Longer is better. Want to speed up things? Use voice chat like Skype.

Do a lot of reading before spending your hard earned cash:

http://rp.apachenet.de/downloads/Entropia_Universe_Guide.pdf
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?264996-Entropia-Universe-Guide-2015-Edition

Regards, Roni Last
Hope this will you send you in the right direction and welcome to the game!

Back