Help: Starting over?

Dickie

Old
Society
Mischief Knights
I first started this game Years ago, i got caught in the hype from papers and news of making money from a game, after sharply losing alot of ped i quit. I returned a few years later and decided to chip in(very badly may i add) mess it up and quit again lol.

Recently returning about a week ago iv researched the game how everything works joined a soc etc and im enjoying the game alot more knowing what im doing. But with me chipping in atm my max level is laser hit 21, then laser pistol 20 laser dmg 14. Most my other level are very low like 3 evade etc.

Iv tried to chip in and out to try and balance my skills but skills alter other skills so much on the unlocker its telling me to chip out some skills to 0 lol. Would it be worth purging and starting again?

Also a irl friend of mine has quit WoW and come to EU so id have a partner to do everything with!

If your friend has just come over, and isn't planning on chipping in at all. I would say leave in the skills you have already chipped in, and hunt small with him in a team. This will give you time to build your evade naturally while you both learn the game itself. Chipping out would just make you lose in the long run as you would lose the 10% or what ever it is they take from your skills when you chip out.

Hope this helps in you decide.

SpikE

That would slowly bring some defence skills up, just more balancing out im struggling with all my skills are everywhere. I chipped in think "hmm kill bigger monster make lots of money" which i know now isent the case. I just want to make my char best as possible as im a bit more serious about this game.

According to entrpedia my skills are worth 1000 ped and i would need to buy about 700-800 ped of esi's. So i would probs just skill out the higher ranks and purge the rest with the account.

That would slowly bring some defence skills up, just more balancing out im struggling with all my skills are everywhere. I chipped in think "hmm kill bigger monster make lots of money" which i know now isent the case. I just want to make my char best as possible as im a bit more serious about this game.

According to entrpedia my skills are worth 1000 ped and i would need to buy about 700-800 ped of esi's. So i would probs just skill out the higher ranks and purge the rest with the account.

Is just a waste of money imho. Propably the mistake was to chip in the skills which grow fast anyway. But later on you will have the problem he guns you can handle are possibly bigger than the mobs you can effectively hunt needs. So simply ignore it and build up your defensive skills.

If you plan on chipping in again at all, just chip evade because thats actually worth it, the offensive skills come quick naturally. And as far as when you say "balancing", i'm not sure what exactly you mean, but if the helps: your evader is never going to come close to your gun profession. (unless of course u sit there and chip evader all day or never shoot, random things like that :p), but yea, do what was explained above and just hunt low in a team with your friend. If you want to play with him a lot, just don't chip anymore and start fresh with him, while keeping the skills you have (dont chip out). You'll have the opalo maxed and will basically do small eco hunting while learning the game. And as you guys expand to bigger mobs, you'll keep having the advantage of already having that gun level maxed.

Stop obsessing the inbalance and how much you have what and just enjoy the game. It will balance out soon enough.

thats the advice i was looking for if it will even out as i go along then ill just continue hunting lower mobs til i level my lower skills up.

Also, scale your weapons to the mobs, not just use what you can use.

Back