Stop stealing my ped with unlootable mobs!

coffeeman

Mature
Society
-=GodsOfChaos=-
Paco Fred Iglesias
Has anyone else seen this problem?

Sometimes I'll kill a mob from first person mode without dragging out the health bar. The corpse senks all or partway into the ground, and I can't interact with it.

This happens mainly if I'm not on level ground. So far this has happened with Foul, Cornunda and Repesilex (even on mostly level ground for Repesilex).

Support has been no help. They haven't given me the loot I lost because of this. They first told me several months ago that they logged a bug for this, but there is no ETA. I'm going to start logging a ticket every single time this happens until I get my ped back, and this bug is fixed.

Happend to me too on fouls i dont hunt them any more becuase of this:yay:

Haven't happened to me in ages... And the easy sollution is to drag the health bar every time before you kill a mob :dunno:

Keep sending support cases about it and it might be fixed sometime :D dunno if you will get the missed loot though, as they have said before (I THINK) that they cant reimburse ya for loot :scratch2: ah dunno

Dont hold yer breath for reimbersment of lost ped. That just doesnt happen.

To answer question .. yes that happens far too often to be a glitch imo and is one of the reasons I dont bother killing trash mobs as I mine.

The only thing you can do (and this does not always work either) is train yourself to drag off bars on hilly land.

One clue I will give you is Do NOT follow the mob as it slides downhill. stay where you are and loot the blue dot not the gfx of the mob.

Have not had an unlootable mob in a while (did have them after V10 for sure). I do get mobs that "sink" into the ground but so long as a part of the corpse is visable you should be able to loot it by right clicking (I think its right clicking) but you do not have to have the HP bar on screen. Hope this helps. GL

Forget support they are just cut and paste usless pre-scripted responses and they will never ever not in a million years give up a single ped to cover a mistake my by MA/FPC/Whoever.

you still get the loot later down the line from the next mobs you kill :silly2:

Oh yeah an old trick. It happened to me way too often last time I hunted droka and other mods too. Definitely soured my taste. Sure you can drag a health bar but how much should we have to go through just to kill and loot a mob. Especially considering most now take way more shots to kill. Odd that the more the game progresses the worse it gets in some areas. The little things that used to work somehow don`t after the big upgrade. I`m willing to bet it`s a feature. And not one that we benefit from.

Those creatures that go underground are indeed annoying.

Imagine that creature could have been that uber hof you have been waiting for for a long time. Or the global you needed to safe that hunt. Crafting does not have this problme, and mining claims that you can't reach, you can get via an support case, right ? I feel for these reasons, FPC and Mindark should do everything they can to fix this bug.

Unless they guarantee it will hit on the next kill, and we all know that will most likely never happen.

Although I do not worry about this, I do make sure I get the health bar so I can loot my kills. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, I just don't always remember/have time/want to waste time switching from aim mode to cursor mode, grabbing the health bar, back to aim (I prefer to hunt first person).

The mining claim thing is exactly what I was thinking of. If I can get reimbursed for a mining claim, why shouldn't I be able to get reimbursed for a lot mob?

There is really no incentive for MA/FPC to fix this bug unless people start complaining about it. It just means that another person has to spend some decay to get the items that I should have. Win for them because now 2 people spent ped getting that loot.

I told them I'm going to open a ticket every time it happens.

Just bind "select target" to one key and "loot" to another. Press "select target" every time you aim at a mob. I usually do it between my first and second shot. Then when they are dead use the key with the "loot" action. This works first person, 3rd person, cursor or crosshair. You can loot mobs that are stuck in trees, behind walls, and under the ground.

I have never encountered a mob I couldn't loot using this method.

* deleted *

Last edited:
sort of similar...

sort of similar... the sign that I put behind my booth has a pivot point that sinks in to the wall so I cannot pull it off of the wall myself. The last time that I tried to get it I had to submit a support ticket and it took them quite a long time to respond... they finally ended up moving the sign to my inventory - however, when I tried to rehang it the same blasted thing happened... what's weird is that when I hang it, all if fine and pivot point is grabbable... after I relog is when it's sunk in to the ground. I suspect the same might be happening on ground plane with mobs. Recently they changed the bercycled statues to not sink in to the ground - wonder if that has something to do with it?

What they REALLY need to do is make it so that you can make invisible pivot points in your avatar's line of sight available in some sort of text mode option - like a branching tree to select or something, so you see the pivot and can grab them even if they sink in to walls, the ground, etc.-- not just the avatars or mobs or objects but for all of the above and every selectable item that exist in the 3d environment in the immediate area around your avatar... it would require major recoding probably, but ultimately would be worth it since there'd be a lot fewer support tickets.

For mobs - they could make it so that there's an option box that comes up like the message center, which shows the messages that you killed the mob, and gives you an option to loot the mob from there.

For the items avatar's own - make it so that ALL items show up in inventory, including those in estates... just have them greyed out or something, but still able to be selected so that you can easily grab stuff that belongs to you that is stuck in a wall, in the ground, etc. They won't like this idea, of course since it'd mean people would probably try to pick up stuff out of estates that they did not pay the rent on - but they could code that in to the system and take it in to account when building the thing - no rent, you can't pick it up if it's on the estate.

For other avatars - maybe not a good idea since it'd wreck havoc with pvp...

When/if they did this, they could also redo the entire system of inventory somewhat - make it so that MY ITEMS part of website shows the markup on things in shops, make it so that it's easier to tell which estate something is in instead of lumping them all under one big ESTATE grouping... similar to the way boxes work... make it so that it's easier to tell exactly what is going on from the website... maybe even make it easier to move stuff around from INSIDE of the website instead of inside of the game.

Maybe even make it so that books/boxes, etc can be unloaded in one click instead of many... maybe make it so that containers can be traded... there's lots of things they can do to improve the system that would not require a lot of work, but whether they do it or not, or if the new planet partner, whoever the heck it is, will or not - only time will tell.

p.s. It's junk like this that made me stop hunting! I just could not take the loosing peds by not being able to loot stuff... loosing peds by constantly getting messages that item is not ready when trying to switch from fap to weapon... loosing peds when lag hit any time there was multiple avatars nearby or a huge spawn... the crafting machine doesn't have all those problems... and no decay from armor there from mobs you simply cannot attack as they are in a state you cannot kill them, cannot see due to invisible bug, cannot loot because they are inside the ground, etc.

Last edited:
IF you get any satisfaction from support I will be very suprised. most favorable scenario for you is you invest ten hours filing support cases, and then support filling your screen with
this creature didn't carry any loot
messages when you log in one day...

I just did my 100 foul iron mission at ti and never had an unlootable one. I have heard problem about repplisex though, and turps. I killed 2 turps the other day and both of them wouldn't loot.

Snug: Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a try, but I still doubt that I'll remember to do that every time I hunt a mob. +Rep anyway, since it's helpful.

LLS: Tried relog, so far no luck there either.

I forgot about turps, but definitely had the problem there.

Meh if I worked for MA/FPC as a coder I would surely give the idea of implementing a function that shows a 'Loot mob' window (does not need to be big) that appears to the edge of your screen or something like that, where the player has chosen it to be....

So if you kill, let's say a foul and it decides to hide beneath the ground, a small window or button will appear and if you click it, you loot the mob, then the window is replaced by a loot window.

Or why not just use the auto loot thingie, once a mob is killed you receive loot :)

iirc that was how it was working in the old days? *autoloot*

but as most people say for now I also think it is best to drag out the health bar on every mob.. annoying on small mobs that dies in a few shots, and you usually kill like thousands of them in 100 ped ammo...

Unlootable mob still happens to me with cornundas near a "border" between 2 areas (dont know how to explain clearly, but you can see the lines on the ground).. Dragging the mob's bar or relogging or whatever does not help. You have no loot and that is all..
I stopped sending cases, because nothing is done.. and tired of all the ways created in this game to spend and lose peds...

yepp lost alot of loots to this or similar bugs but in support MA/FPC dont care because noone can prove it.

Ty Sir may I have another :(

yepp lost alot of loots to this or similar bugs but in support MA/FPC dont care because noone can prove it.

Ty Sir may I have another :(

Well, I can prove trhat the bug happens (I have a screenie of one and I can always get another), but I can't prove what I lost as a result, other than the weapon/armor decay+markup+ammo

Grr, that reply was from me under an account that I asked the mods to delete because for some reason it was automatically created as banned and then one day it auto logged in from another machine and was unbanned, but that was after I created this account. Apparently they never deleted it.

Only way to counter unlootable is to drag out its health bar,

if not -> turps and other small mobs can be bugged and you cant loot them.

it sux and not sure if you can get refunded.

It still happens to me from time to time, when I forget or lost the health bar

Amen to that. Stop stealing my PED MA, It's mine. :mad:

I'm sure this issue happened to me (quite often) the very day I came back...

With fouls it was a pain in da butt , got the same with molisk now also

that happend to "N" times every Repesilex I kill, can,t get any loot from him, there are nothing to clic in the carcass.
I lost more than 10 Repesilex.
can anyone do anything?

Repesilex are majorly bugged. They won't do anything about it. Free ped for MA/FPC.

Back