Suggestion: when a weapon amp breaks

on the last shot, it should automatically unequip and the weapon can continue firing ;)

surely can't be too hard to implement?

on the last shot, it should automatically unequip and the weapon can continue firing ;)

surely can't be too hard to implement?

Agree , but it would need to give you a bit more warning, otherwise you could hunt and not know for a little bit :D

Nah. More realistic that you need to unjam the gun. Besides: is it really that hard to check amps before attacking?

maybe a simple counter next to ammo showing shots left on amp? would help with mining too tbh...

Change to Suggestion

May I add group of amps to your suggestion so your weapon lets say L1000 uses only A103 or whatever so as long as you have one ready it continues to equip. I mean the normal omegaton don't last a lot on high attacks per minute and low ammo consumution/damage.

There was a VU where this was implemented and I LOVED this feature; however, after many people complained about this they removed it. :laugh:

Go figure, you make it easier for people to hunt and then they complain about it. :scratch2:

~Danimal

Nah. More realistic that you need to unjam the gun. Besides: is it really that hard to check amps before attacking?

Not hard, but I think its more convenient the way I suggested; ok, if I was sensible I should not wait for the last shot of an amp, but, as I am not always sensible, it can be frustrating unequiping an amp in the middle of a difficult mob, or surrounded by many mobs.

I think the amp breaking warning message is far from ideal, perhaps it should give a warning of exactly how many shots the amp has left on that weapon before it will break.

Ok, the above is not essential, but I think its an improvement to the current situation.

There was a VU where this was implemented and I LOVED this feature; however, after many people complained about this they removed it. :laugh:

Go figure, you make it easier for people to hunt and then they complain about it. :scratch2:

~Danimal

Why complain about this? Its a pain in the ass to have to unequip and manually remove the amp while in the middle of a hunt. I would prefer the message that the amp is damaged and automatically unequipped!

Why complain about this? Its a pain in the ass to have to unequip and manually remove the amp while in the middle of a hunt. I would prefer the message that the amp is damaged and automatically unequipped!

Yes I would have agreed with you on this before the Weapon Amplifier upgrades but now you have Weapon Amplifiers that last upwards of 10k shots.. that is more then enough to last one full hunt for most (not all) individuals now.

Either way I am quite satisfied whether or not they decide to bring this feature back.

~Danimal

Not hard, but I think its more convenient the way I suggested; ok, if I was sensible I should not wait for the last shot of an amp, but, as I am not always sensible, it can be frustrating unequiping an amp in the middle of a difficult mob, or surrounded by many mobs.

I think the amp breaking warning message is far from ideal, perhaps it should give a warning of exactly how many shots the amp has left on that weapon before it will break.

Ok, the above is not essential, but I think its an improvement to the current situation.

Well, thing is... the main pillar of EU/RCE is "Where every decision counts"...so being sensible should be (y)our default modus :)
However, a better indicator on how long it will last might be good. Perhaps a light on the amp in first person, which is green/orange or red?

My understanding is that you're given an amp break warning with 100 shots remaining, so if you've set your ammo virew to "shots" rather than millions of ammo then its a good judge measuring against the mob you are hunting.

Part of the reason I believe for the new amps introduction, is that hunters can now take out more than 500 ped ammo before amp breakage, so hunt longer.

I kinda like 500 ped ammo runs with a standard A105, then a rethink of strategy at the end of that run and measure returns.

It's a small pain in my opinion detaching a dead amp and replacing it, seems like a real life thing to do.

All debate is good though

Rick

Back