Suggestions?

Julius

Alpha
Society
.: United Talents :.
Cyrus Julius Comnenus
OK... I was in a team hunt east of Echidna. We were heading for the big ambus around 20,20. When we left the bery/feff band and got into atraxes, the whole team CTD at the same time.

First relog attempt: I was in, team was out, server didn't see that I had a team or a soc.

Second relog attempt: I was flickering around between locations, then was dead. I hit T but it wouldn't let me revive.

Third relog attempt: I revived, but now my location is flickering all over the map. I can't see, "P" gives me wildly varying locations, and my location only stabilizes when I am dead.

I have relogged, rebooted, deleted cache files, and gotten killed and then relogged/rebooted while dead to see if I could force a location write on the server. Nothing. When I'm dead, my loc is stable... when I'm alive, I'm all over the map.

I've opened a "stuck" ticket about it...

Anyone else ever had this problem? Suggestions? Help?

Thanks,

Julius

Had something similiar happen to me during the WOF event this past Saturday. thought it was a server issue personally... but after about 20 minutes, I was able to successfully log into "another" server.... we had to redo teams after all was said and done

:eek: not being able to log into PE :eek: I feel for you... and wish you a speedy login bro...

OK, 5 hours, still no results...

How long does it take to get this sort of thing fixed, anyway? Does MA tech support leave at 5 PM Sweden time or what?

calypso time is the same as sweden time right? if so, time is showing 0039 right now, minus the 5 hours you mentioned, so that should make it about 1939 when you attempted to contact them, sweden time... not sure what the time frame for support is :scratch2:

but would reason to think that 1930ish they would of called it quits by then :silly2:

Sweden time is actually 1 hour before Calypso (UTC) time, so it was more like 20:39 when it occurred...

Hope it gets solved soon!

OK... here's an update.:(

Support teleported me to PA, but that didn't change anything. Still getting the random location swappage.

I have conclusively proven that it is a server-side issue, since it does the same thing on two different machines when I log in.

This is sort of sad, because I'd rather do a full reinstall than I would go for another day without getting in to PE. Addiction? NAH! :eek:

Wish me luck,

Julius

ha! I would of already done a reinstall before waiting for an answer from support :eek:

I am so impatient :ahh:

LOL... I am getting that way. Working in computers for a living, though, I couldn't imagine that they would let location be determined clientside - I played an MMO where that was the case and the hackers had a field day teleporting themselves around.

My character worked fine last night for a while... I figured it was fixed. I popped out to Minopolis one last time from PA to use the bank and *BAM* here we go again with the slideshow.

Even more worrisome, Tech Support won't respond to my emails.

Is it a holiday in Sweden, do you think?

J.

well in my travels to switzerland (sometimes a month at a time) it appeared that the entire country would open really late 10am-ish and close when they wanted too, usually way before dark. Alot different from the 24 hour society that we are use too.

I thinking Sweden might be a little like this :D

Still broken.

Can't get anything out of tech support.

:cussing:

Back