Summon Pet Issues - Anyone Else Notice

moondog

Stalker
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Charley Moondog 1969
Ok,

I tried to find any other reference to this but could not find any so I have been running a few tests, if this seems obvious to other people then my apologies up front for not realising the obvious, but ....

The last few days I have had trouble summoning my pet. It was weird I was training a bristlehog and had it with me most of the time. I kept getting a problem with

"failed to summon pet"

A soc mate suggested a relog which I did and it fixed the problem but later that day I had the same problem. The strange thing was my exarosaur would spawn fine.

I started messing around with this and discovered :

If you use a TP without dismissing the pet first then you cannot summon it again without a relog
If you die while a pet is summoned the pet goes back to your inventory and you can summon it again after revive
I have not yet tested this on vehicles or with a TP chip but I will do so later

The up shot of this is remember to dismiss your pet before using a TP to ensure you can re-summon it afterwards.

Maybe you all knew this but I was not around during the first incarnation of taming, so to all the players new to taming like me, take note of this if you are having trouble summoning your pet.

If you return to your previous tp you can also summon again (i think)

This bug was in the list of known issues with the first pet update.

TY Whiteknut for info :)

Just "dismiss" your pet before changing TP's or entering MM, and you can re-spawn your pet it at new location with no bug issues.

Rick

I believe it is only when going to different servers that you need to properly dismiss your pet.
That is why dying and reviving you can spawn your pet again, because you are still on the same server.
However when you tp across the planet to a new server without properly dismissing your pet, it gets stuck on that server untill you relog or go back and spawn then despawn it properly.

Back