Support, what support????

Marco|MindArk said:
That was along my thoughts also...

Cheers :)

It crossed my mind as well, and would work just fine. If you want some more ideas or possibilities to look into, we can hold brainstorming sessions. You'd only have to pick what you think would work best/would be most cost efficient to implement etc :)

I think some of the key issues people have with support can be summed up easily:

- Cases are closed without the actual problem being addressed. Support shouldn't decide when a case is closed; we should.

- Too many copy and paste replies. Possible way to prevent this from happening is categorising stuff better. Game suggestions/improvements could be a handed a seperate category.

Another way to prevent repetitive questions from being asked could be using a FAQ covering the most common questions. Before submitting a support ticket, the user can look through the FAQ to see if they issue has been covered yet.

Yet another thing might be showing titles of the last 5 submitted support requests. If another user wants to submit the same problem, they can use a '+' sign next to the issue, to indicate they, too, experience it. Easy way to see whether a bug is stand alone, or affects numerous people (and should thus be prioritised).

- Open issues list so the community has insight into what is being dealt with.
Possibly combine this with the above "+" thing.

- Support staff ought to be identifyable. We deserve to at least know who we are dealing with. Perhaps a reputation system for support people? Support ought to be judged by how helpful they are. It's in MA's best interest to ensure the customer base perceives support as pleasantly as possible. (The same thing should apply to the coders, by the way. Screw up too many times, and you'll face consequences. Harsh, yes. Neccessary? Very much so).

I am sure there's more. This just was stuff I just quickly came up with.

VF has some good statements there. Openess and transparency helps allot more. Now consider other games where you press Esc and then the Petition button. Or you have a public mod/dev/support channel where everyone can handle problems and FAQs. I mean the startup is just 15 days or less. EU is harder indeed, you need several weeks and hundreds of dollars to reach a mid level zone but information is available, we can share it easily, why can't you!

- Cases are closed without the actual problem being addressed. Support shouldn't decide when a case is closed; we should.

That is a realy good idea. In the past ive had Support cased and they have been an automated response blaming Lag and my Connection. However this is not the case but i cant do anything because the support case has already been closed...

There should be a toolbar which alows you to rate how the support has helped and if you are happy to close the issue, and not have to make another Report on the same thing because the issue has been closed too soon.

When I read these sort of threads, I have to wonder if we're all playing the same game, or if we're even in the same universe (virtual or otherwise)

I have never had a problem with support, and I have submitted a fair number of cases. It may not always be resolved just the way I would like, but it has always been resolved reasonably. I can't ask for more.

fylraen said:
Every time i had to send a support case, i got an answere verry quick like this one :

Or this one for my gold card :

i am not a big depositer and i always have a good delay for answer.

i want to thanks the MA support for their work, they received a lot of submited support case and they cant answer every time verry quick.

very nice to see, but the problem is not all of us are as fortunate:

Case 73602 History
23 Mar 2006 Pernille "last name":
when I take off armor or clothing I experience CTD around 1/10 times doing this. I know you have already gotten cases about this I hope it will be fixed shortly

Kind regards Nakia
30 Mar 2006 MindArk Support:
Hi,
Thank you for reporting! We have received some similar reports and our design team is working on this issue right now. We hope to have the problem fixed as soon as possible. Please remember to send the crash report every time you get that option in a pop up window when you crash. Such information is very useful for deeper analysis of crash related issues. Also make sure your system meets the minimal requirements needed for PE and that you have the right drivers installed etc. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.
Regards,
PE Support

7 Days for reply

Case 76505 History
20 Apr 2006 Pernille "last name":
Hey there.

I bought the entropia magasine and haven't recieved it yet.
Since we moved a few weeks ago, and I just only changed the address now I figured this might be the reason - Tho it should have been forwarded by the mail service, and the status of the magasine was set to send a long time before we moved to our new home :)

I'm hoping that it's posible for you to send a new one as soon as posible, since I would very very much like to participate in the contest in there ending in 2-3 weeks.

If you can't have the magasine with me before that, could you then give me the magasine number, so I can participate without getting the magasine in time. I never recieved the numer on E-mail as I heard I was supposed to, and know alot of other people didn't either :)

Thanks in advance.

/Nakia
26 Apr 2006 MindArk Support:
Hi,
The Entropian is not distributed by MindArk, but by MMM Publishing Ltd. If you have any inquiries about your order and its delivery, you will have to contact them directly via info@mmmpublishing.com.
Regards,
Entropia Support

04 May 2006 MindArk Support:
Hi,
MMM Publishing contacted us since the parcel was returned to sender. Please confirm your address and contact MMM Publishing with the correct information: info@mmmpublishing.com.

Still no magasine so never got to enter the contest :rolleyes:
6 Days for reply

Case 62696 History
15 Dec 2005 Pernille "last name":
I would like to report a player for abuse, his name ingame is : ---Edited out---

I have screenshots of him abusing EULA in the form of racist expressions, which is not allowed please let me know if you need the screenshot.

Regards Nakia

21 Dec 2005 MindArk Support:
Thank you for reporting, we will deal with that avatar.
/Regards

6 Days for reply

Now I am not saying support is bad, I am saying they take to long.
Haven't had any serious problems so far, but I would not like 7 days for a reply if it did occur, hope you can follow :)

Marco|MindArk said:
Yes, internally. But I also see that the lack of transparency to the participant can create frustration and the feeling of having no control.

This is also true for issues other than support. ;)

Support?

OK,

MA says they will try to upgrade or improve the suppot system, cool.

Now, a few questions of the MA offical...

1. If someone hacks my account, does the Gold Card protect it?

2. When will you guys mail out the Gold Cards??? Been over 3 months here?

DS

Marco|MindArk said:
I'll set up a meeting the the Support Director tomorrow and discuss some pointers about this.

How'd it go? Any updates?

Marco|MindArk said:
The ball is in motion, I wait for final approval on the changes suggested.

Wait, Soon, Half-Year? This is all we get promises words and no action. DO SOMETHING! Squeeze your Gold Card Supplier! If you don't know how PM me and I will send you some books on how to interact with suppliers. This is business 101.

This is getting so frustrating.

Honestly, I am at my last straw. Money talks and so I am going to do the only thing I can, stop depositing. We deserve more than wait, soon, future. We deserve some apologizes and some action.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marco|MindArk said:
Yes, internally. But I also see that the lack of transparency to the participant can create frustration and the feeling of having no control. I'll set up a meeting the the Support Director tomorrow and discuss some pointers about this. As MA expands, Support also expands, and with expansion a new organization with new rules are needed.

could you pls expand a little here pls ?

Back