Taming in 2012...will we see it return?

Kombinator

Marauder
Society
CCCP
Velikii Komby Kombinator
Even though iI know this is a rhetorical question, and I will only believe it when I see it in game not implemented in a half assed fashion...but...Kim? Any thoughts on this and ETA? Remember hearing Q1 2012 as the timeframe.

The last response on this I heard from Kim was "no ETA but if I had to guess Q1-Q2 2012"

That was a statement made in Twin Peaks.

Even though iI know this is a rhetorical question, and I will only believe it when I see it in game not implemented in a half assed fashion...but...Kim? Any thoughts on this and ETA? Remember hearing Q1 2012 as the timeframe.

Please, nothing new (ok, old)!!! 2012 is the year to fix all bugs and make EU a perfect platform to have new partners who want to join!!

Taming is not new it has been around for many years and was STOLEN from the game by MA almost 3 years ago. It should have been returned long time ago before some of the other things which were not core systems.

So before they go on with fixing bugs or introducing nose hair physics, they should either bring back taming, make a clear statement as to when it will come back, or just have the balls to say to the community fuck you and your time and money no taming for you. There are really no other options.

if it comes back will be late 2012 at best :( sorry for the bad news

I think it will return, but yea I agree with you they are likely to put in on the back burner, because lord knows bringing more barbie shit and PVP into the game is more important than not deliberately stealing from and screwing a part of your player base, let alone denying the rest of the base access to a system that undoubtedly makes for a richer and potentially core gaming experience.

say to the community fuck you and your time and money no taming for you.
Isn't it pretty clear which option they chose? It's basically their MO.

See other examples which include tiering, hangars, mother ships, and soon to be neglected CLDs.

Isn't it pretty clear which option they chose? It's basically their MO.

See other examples which include tiering, hangars, mother ships, and soon to be neglected CLDs.

Yeap, Its own by MA and its their MO but they should not forget that we pay for their service and happy hour...if they keep adding PED gouging updates and broken promises then we have option for many different MO piggy banking.

Well, there is a 10% chance they may do the right thing. Kim, you have proven to be rather open and sensible in the past, any chance you want to shed some light or ideally clarify this issue?

Yes we will.

It'll be better than it was before too, just like mentoring is.

I think we will see Beacons fixed / improved and Treasure Hunting implemented first though.

Last edited:
Kim, you have proven to be rather open and sensible in the past, any chance you want to shed some light or ideally clarify this issue?

Here is what Kim said when he was asked about taming during a visit in Twin Peaks:
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] Sorry Kitty i have no new info on that =/
[MindArk Official Kim Welter] If i was to guess... Q1 or Q2 2012

You must also remember that Kim is head of Calypso development (a planet partner) while taming is a platform system (MindArk, not a planet partner) and therefore he really may not know any details since it is a completely different team making it :wise:

Here is what Kim said when he was asked about taming during a visit in Twin Peaks:

You must also remember that Kim is head of Calypso development (a planet partner) while taming is a platform system (MindArk, not a planet partner) and therefore he really may not know any details since it is a completely different team making it :wise:

Yeah we know, it's how they keep passing the buck, in fact i think there about due for a re shuffle and name change as its been a few months now.

If Kim doesnt know then why even guess and say 2012? why do any of them ever bother if they have no idea what their mother company is actually doing? How does anyone go into a planet partnership with no idea what MA are even doing or planning? I'll tell you, they dont, they know exactly whats coming down the pipleine and when they just dont know if it will work or not.

If you cant even ring MA and get details on how a feature of a game is progressing that has been missing for 3 years then why would anyone ever buy a planet, boggles the mind.

Last edited:
It will come, they will have it as a big update Q1-2 I think they said. I just hope they spend some time on optimising the rest of the game. Maybe they should spend 3 months focussed on fixing all the bugs. Before they start any new projects. We dont need any funky new islands or missions. We know space is not going to change until the planet partners meet native population requirements.

more barbie shit
barbie1.jpg
24477147_9885c207c6.jpg

Last edited:
This is a real cash economy game, we PAY to survive, we feed MA maybe like 1-2m a year with only 1-2k players. And this is the quality they give us. Those companies that made Call of Duty for example, give a nice release date, (Pretty fast too) and some fast updates. And then there is MA, the people who estimate a release date and bother not to do it. But idk, maybe it's a small company or something :confused:

I miss my profession and my days at the stables. I look forward to the day taming returns! Hopefully soon! I'm ready for it!

A reason to use a whip again would be nice.

shouldnt that be "Cron needs a reason to use his whip again" :)

your slipping.

Yes, it should, if Crone had said it. Not Cron.

... you're slipping.

Pet deeds, brush, whip, nutrio ... why do I own all this stuff and what do I need these taming skills for? Its almost as if I gave away about thousands of peds to someone for nothing ... outstanding ...

Pet deeds, brush, whip, nutrio ... why do I own all this stuff and what do I need these taming skills for? Its almost as if I gave away about thousands of peds to someone for nothing ... outstanding ...

Well Nutrio bars are very useful for writing your initials (if you don't mind the color) ...

And PLEASE bring back a reasonable sweat camp again to meet up with players from all over, like in old VU*9

I miss it and I know you all miss it , cmon bring pets ,sweaters and healers to the same place .

And PLEASE bring back a reasonable sweat camp again to meet up with players from all over, like in old VU*9

I miss it and I know you all miss it , cmon bring pets ,sweaters and healers to the same place .

imho, I think they still did not get the geography of the Port Atlantis Island correct. Port Atlantis is simply missing a central square. From what I see before and what I see now, people are more dispersed than before, Sweat Camp is harder to get to (especially for a new player), there are too many trees at the swamp and it is still too mountainous. It would probably work marvels simply to reinstate the landscape and layout of VU 9.4 [EDIT] Port Atlantis and it immediate surroundings. If people want landscape... well, there is plenty further out :laugh:

Last edited:
Taming

This long awaited system is to be reintroduced in 2012, with many new features all have been waiting for; we expect the wait to be worth it!

Taming

This long awaited system is to be reintroduced in 2012, with many new features all have been waiting for; we expect the wait to be worth it!

As long as my deeds are ones for spiders now and I get uber skilling whereas a 0 skilled gets bad skilling. At the time I was skilling to see where it went and the skill prices were worth what I was spending. Not anymore. Skills have dramatically dropped and the amount of whip/brush/nutrio used v what the skill price will be = not worth it. There was a boat, it left, we were not on it.

Sorry for the mild necro, but no point reposting.

Here we are Quarter 3 of 2012. MindArk has next weeks update or October 9......which will it be, or is it another let down again..........:computer:

Sorry for the mild necro,

..........:computer:

Not even close to a necro, the question hasn't been answered, the situation persists. Not one word from any EU staff in any of the threads. Bump on.

Not even close to a necro, the question hasn't been answered, the situation persists. Not one word from any EU staff in any of the threads. Bump on.

Best there is:
While I certainly understand your frustration with the delayed implementation of the new taming system please understand that neither I nor anyone else in my team has any say in how the development of the platform is prioritized.

I, like you, want taming to be back into the game and I've been told on many ocasions that its in the pipeline but sometimes development takes longer than expected. Please don't think that taming has been abandoned, it's actually one of the systems I hear people at the office talk the most about and everyone wants to make sure that it becomes a lot of fun to play with.

Source: www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?231012-Preview-of-August-21-release
Post #34

Sorry for the mild necro, but no point reposting.

Here we are Quarter 3 of 2012. MindArk has next weeks update or October 9......which will it be, or is it another let down again..........:computer:

A disappointment it would seem,.

Back