Info: Taming profession idea

Talania

Stalker
Society
Mediaeval Wicca
Talania Tal Indigo
I am not sure if Taming is a Calypso only profession or for all planets but going to post my suggestion here anyways.:silly2:

When Taming ever comes back (3 years and not back since VU 10 was given to us) there is a way that it could be a viable profession and make up for the long time that Tamers have had to wait.

Pets had an option to be able to release them into the wild after you tamed them. This had no practical use that I know of before.

My idea is for Tamers to be able to release a tamed pet into the wild and have it create a spawn point for that mob type. This spawn point would be short term. The length of the spawn, maturity of the mob would be based on profession level of the tamer. Places you would be able to spawn would be limited based on mobs types and if it was in an LA or near a city. LA owners that also were tamers would be the only ones able to create the temporary spawns inside their LA.

This addition to Taming in my opinion would make for a lot of fun and give players a reason to skill up in it.

I know a lot of people would like to see Taming back soon and adding ideas could make it delayed more but I think this would definitely make it worth waiting for.

Any opinions or other ideas that could improve Taming would be great to read.:)

I like the idea :) Would be interesting to see what mobs are tamable though as snables, exars and daikis are hardly enough :) a few more mobs would make this a viable idea :)

So much fun could be had with that idea! One Araneatrox spawn at Nea's place coming right up!

:naughty:

neat idea. As far as cities go, why not let there be zoos?... let the mobs spawn in the city, but make them stay inside of the apartment the participant that did that taming owns the deed to...

stay only in that apartment. MA made it so that item points in apartments can't be put in hallways now, so surely they could put a flag on the hallway to not let mobs pass that point... Would be funny to have your own personal little mob spawns in an apartment, sort of like a mini-la. With the upcoming cld land claim thing, this sort of thing could be interesting in the estates tied to those... I guess it wouldn't really be release to wild in an estate, but something that establishes a zoo type of environment could be interesting... especially if the mob(s) stay active there when your avatar is offline...

Makes sense, I like it.

Taming is so delayed so when it finally come it better be something we couldn't even imagine now. I personally think that a mob riding is a must, and hope that Aetherex will be tamable :)

I think you'd need two pets to create a spawn point :tongue2:

Could be fun when combined with the future CLD land plot system.

If taming is available on all planets when it comes back this feature would be a fun way to show other mobs from the universe.:yay:

No other ideas on how the developers could improve on the old version of Taming? For how long this is taking I think they need our suggestions.:dunce:

There are a lot of great ideas to make taming a truly awesome feature and an integral part of the world, allowing the players to interact with mobs in amazing ways.

However it is all contingent on step 1: MA bringing taming THE FUCK BACK INTO THE GAME!!!

After 3+ years of fucking over tens if not hundreds of players!

And being quiet about it!

Yeah, we could write a book of ideas but there isn't much chance it would be even opened, let alone read.

Back