Team disbands before looting

RedThothCrowley

Prowler
Society
Obsidian
Red Thoth Crowley
Ok,

So I was out hunting Levis with a soc mate. We had an old that he took a few shots at then his computer crashed. I kept killing it solo, and almost had it dead so risked not fapping and getting the last shot. It failed. No big deal I though and I go back to finish it off. Someone nearby had killed it, but they could not loot it as it was our loot. Cool, I think, and try to loot it.

Well shit, it won't let me. My team mate had been offline too long and the loot was considered the teams loot, so now no one can grab it.....after I shot 20 peds in to it! What a crock! MA, your loot system just cost me 20 peds. If it was a no looter, I would have lost them anyway, but it could have been an HoF and I will now never know. Instead I paid for NOTHING!

This is just plain bad business as I mwas clearly the one who did 99% of the damage in team or not, and mu soc mate did not log off by choice his comp crashed!

Truly pissed off....

Thoth

The thing to do in that situation is to
1. create a new team (unless you were the leader of the first team and you are still part of it)
2. Frantically start adding people from your fl until someone joins the team.
3. successfully loot the mob.

hope that helps next time,

narfi

Thanks for the advice Narfi, but there may not be a next time. I deposit and lose plenty of money in this game. I never whine about it as I consider the fun worth it, but losing money like this has made me mad enough to consider chipping out and leaving. Heck, I heal people at Nea's free for 20 peds plenty, but this was the system poorly designed that took my money, and not a choice I made.

Thanks for the advice Narfi, but there may not be a next time. I deposit and lose plenty of money in this game. I never whine about it as I consider the fun worth it, but losing money like this has made me mad enough to consider chipping out and leaving. Heck, I heal people at Nea's free for 20 peds plenty, but this was the system poorly designed that took my money, and not a choice I made.

Quitting is fine, but dont chip out. For one it will piss you off even more when you realize how little the value is after the cost of the ESI and extractor decay. And for two you have been around long enough that it is impossible for you to leave for more than a few months before coming back, and then you will have to spend that much more to do something at that time.

Best just to step away for a week, and enjoy life. No point in getting pissed off at a game :)

narfi

Reactions: Eva
Ok,

So I was out hunting Levis with a soc mate. We had an old that he took a few shots at then his computer crashed. I kept killing it solo, and almost had it dead so risked not fapping and getting the last shot. It failed. No big deal I though and I go back to finish it off. Someone nearby had killed it, but they could not loot it as it was our loot. Cool, I think, and try to loot it.

Well shit, it won't let me. My team mate had been offline too long and the loot was considered the teams loot, so now no one can grab it.....after I shot 20 peds in to it! What a crock! MA, your loot system just cost me 20 peds. If it was a no looter, I would have lost them anyway, but it could have been an HoF and I will now never know. Instead I paid for NOTHING!

This is just plain bad business as I mwas clearly the one who did 99% of the damage in team or not, and mu soc mate did not log off by choice his comp crashed!

Truly pissed off....

Thoth
I had something happen similar. I forgot my friend was gone and couldn't loot.

Not fun :/

Quitting is fine, but dont chip out. For one it will piss you off even more when you realize how little the value is after the cost of the ESI and extractor decay. And for two you have been around long enough that it is impossible for you to leave for more than a few months before coming back, and then you will have to spend that much more to do something at that time.

Best just to step away for a week, and enjoy life. No point in getting pissed off at a game :)

narfi
I agree with you narfi. He'd be leaving and probably coming back in worse shape.

But that doesn't mean his concerns are invalid. Is there a better way for looting rights to be handled?

Consider it a no looter,Go for a walk or a beer and sleep on it before making your decision :)

Consider it a no looter,Go for a walk or a beer and sleep on it before making your decision :)

Correct enough. My wife has already talked me down, but it's still a pisser that the loot system works this way.

I agree that it would be nice if this "bug" was resolved.
If you think about it for a few minutes there are ways that you could use it to really be a jerk to someone. (if you were a spiteful person)

narfi

I agree with you narfi. He'd be leaving and probably coming back in worse shape.

But that doesn't mean his concerns are invalid. Is there a better way for looting rights to be handled?

Best way this could be handled by the system is if the team gets disbanded or only has one team member left that the person who did most the damage should get the loot. Same as when two people shoot a mob not in a team. The loot split would just revert instantly to most damage once team can no longer loot it. Would think that would be easy to fix by MA. But they will not do anything since it isn't costing them anything as it is.

Many people think though that if you don't loot a mob that the loot on other mobs will make up for it. The system supposedly has a balance to it.:)

Ok,

Truly pissed off....

Thoth

Hey at least this only happened once to you...try being a miner and possibly getting the mining bug every time you cross a server boundry..that crap happens to me 3 or more times a night. I almost have to relog twice evrey time I cross a border.

I know what happened to you sux as I have been in teams on more then a few ocassions that happened. Specially right after VU 10 with the constant GFX changes.

If it was a no looter, I would have lost them anyway, but it could have been an HoF and I will now never know. Instead I paid for NOTHING!
Thoth

Loot is not inside the mob , loot is generated when you loot the mob , so you didnt miss out on anything.

The hp you killed on the mob , is probably still accountable for in the long run when you hunt more levi.

cheers

ermik

Disconnected team members are kicked from the team after, what is it, 15 minutes?

If it took you 15 minutes to kill the mob then I would suggest hunting something more appropriate instead.

But yes, the trick that Narfi mentioned works if you ever find yourself in this situation.

Loot is not inside the mob , loot is generated when you loot the mob

How is this tested?

It can be solved easily by making the next team member the teamleader when the actual leader drops out.

Back