FYI: Team Loot Distrubution Spreadsheet

Rhayven

Provider
Rhay Rhayven van Helsing
Hi guys and girls and anyone inbetween or unsure.

This is something I've been working on for a while and I thought perhaps some of you guys might be interested in it. I came up with this idea since I noticed that Team Hunt loot distrubtion is inherently unfair, and most people just try and use 'similar' guns and split any items that show up equally but it is really like you're running and shooting things with a blindfold on. I belive this is a big reason why group hunting isn't as popular as it should be in the game.

While this is cool and all, to each their own, I have come up with another way to fairly (or what I find fair) distribute loot and just wanted to see if anyone else wanted to provide any input or if they were interested in trying it out.

If you are in a group, the goal, I feel, is that at the end of the hunt, everyone has as close to an equal profit/loss percentage as possible. The ones who contributed the most ped to the hunt are more than likely the ones who are going to incur the biggest loss, so if there is profit, I feel that the one who contributed the most should get a larger amount. This doesn't equal a larger pecentage, these will even out no matter how much ped you used during the hunt.

I get that a lot of you are probably a little skeptical, and feel it's more fair to just split equally, but please read on.

This spreadsheet works by using a loot tracker, for me I use Loot Nanny (thanks for killing me in PVP Nanna) and it gives you a base input and output of peds for each individual person on the team. Once this info is manually added after the hunt is over, you can then add the tt of the items you want to split, and the m/u of these items (if any)

If an item is dropped, the item being redistributed is taken off the tt ped received value of the person who looted it, meaning they would also get an increased share of the loot to make up for the lost item. Or if you notice one person got the lions share of the Shrapnel, they can perhaps agree to share the profitsfrom that to help the team mates recoup some of their losses.

I admit that this system isn't perfect, but at the very least, it will give some insight and extra visibility and transparency to your group hunts. Once you start seeing how varied the percentage returns are to each indivudual person in the group, you start to get a better understanding of why I'm actually doing this.

Usage of this spreadsheet doesn't necessarily need to dictate HOW you split your loot, but being able to view it and keep a record of it could prove useful.

It also doesn't prevent people from just running away afterwards or having a 'power cut' out of nowhere with the expensive item that was looted. You can't fix that with any spreadsheet. You also can't fix selfish people with a spreadsheet.

... but I do feel that by using it, you can start to have more fun with team hunts. For instance, getting into a big team and fighting large groups of smaller mobs. I mean, the only reason people don't do this is what if someone else gets the global and I didn't get one shot in! Well, this allows you to get together after, see who had the biggest percentage return, and split any profits between. No more missed HoF because you had to answer the door to get that mid hunt pizza ......

Here's a screenshot of it so far.

Fs6ygRS.png

The above scenario was made up, I mean they actually made a profit, what a farce! But I have a few test runs where it really did make a difference afterwards.

It's a very very basic spreadsheet at the moment, but I really believe that this tool will prove useful to some people and if anyone is interested in getting a copy of it as it is so far to test it out, I'd be happy to provide them with it, I mainly was just looking for more feedback or critisism first.

signed
Rhay Rhayven van Helsing aka twitch.tv/botheredwookiee
Filthy Casuals

PS: I've named the system the 'Filthy Arranged Redistribution Table' .... Or FART for short.

Just saving this spot in case I need it later ... if this is posted to the incorrect forum, just let me know and we can move it.

And of course there's a typo in the title. The only part I didn't proof read 5 times...

Also the 'Filthy Casuals' society is currently recruiting some hunters to help out with the testing, feel free to DM if interested.

Last edited:
I'm confused, so please help me understand as someone who does do a decent chunk of team shared loot hunting. So would your google sheet just grab the data from LootNanny and plug it into the tracker?

When a tt item is looted, it's in addition to the shrapnel received in a team hunt from what I've seen. So I've always been able to math out quickly how much shrapnel % each person got in the kill and then split the item accordingly.

For example here is a scenario with a team of 3 and the mob costs 100 ped to kill

Player 1 spends 10 ped on the kill
Player 2 spends 60 ped on the kill
Player 3 spends 30 ped on the kill

Difference occurring due to different dps/weapons used.

Total loot from mob 500 ped
Player 1 50 ped shrapnel 50 ped item
player 2 300 ped shrapnel
player 3 150 ped shrapnel

Player 1 gets 10% of the 50 ped item
Player 2 gets 60% of 50 ped item
Player 3 gets 30% of 50 ped item

So is your tracker just doing this automatically?

Also I believe most people don't team hunt due to how looting works due to looter level and eff of guns with team hunting. Regular players do team hunt though. Some might not due to untrustworthy teammates as well.

Hey Draniee

The spreadsheet doesn't automatically pull data. The green areas are what needs filled in manually. You input how much you spent and also input how much you made.

As for items that are being split, consider that the item itself is showing up in Lootnanny as how much ONE individual made. When you type this into the Adjustment field on that players row, it then removes it from the tt value they got so that, when split, it will show their total percentage without that item.

And yes, it's perfectly possible to work it out in your head. I do that myself on the fly currently. That being said, having the data in writing, on a spreadsheet, in full view of everyone is the perfect way to remain completely transparent. It's all about trust at the end of the day.

And yeah, untrustworthy teammates can't be fixed ... they will always be here and no spreadsheet will resolve that one.

As an example scenario where an item split takes place ...

Player one spends 500 ped and makes 1000 ped 200% return
Player two spent 1000 ped and makes 900 ped 90% return

Player one found an gun worth 500 ped with 20 % markup when sold (600 ped)

Player one is now on 100% return and player two on 90% return once they give to to the Group leader

Player one is given 200 ped and is on 130% return
Player two is given 400 ped and is on 130% return

Ah okay I was just making sure I was understanding right that that is what the spreadsheet was doing! I love it honestly!

The Shared Loot mechanics work great in Team Hunts. It pays everyone fairly based on input, including healers (they often profit just off the loot split).

The item spit issue is something I've seen from both sides. I have always kept it simple, if you loot the item, it's encouraged you split it but you don't need to. If you choose not to, no hard feelings but I likely won't invite you back to hunt next time.

It's also a double edge sword as we don't really know how the algorithm works and perhaps we wouldn't of even got an item drop had that person who looted it not been in the group. We also don't know if the fact that you did not receiving the item which creates an imbalance in your returns are not rewarded sometime on the back end later down the road (or do we?). Thus not being the item looter may be beneficial in the long run if you got part of the split on top of the system compensation down the road. Also, is there a hidden stat, like DPP that's not listed on weapons which is for item rolls? The gear chosen may increase your chances for item drops which means there's already a mechanic in place that you can play with to increase your chances.

MindArk could implement a system to facilitate item splits and it would most definitely encourage and increase team hunts. Something along the lines of a popup that has the option to Sell to Trade Terminal and the TT is split among all team members based off Shared Loot calculation for that kill or an option to List to Auction (and each team member has to confirm the SB/BO), when the item is sold the split happens based on the the same Shared Loot calculation.

I like your initiative but it seems like as much work is needed entering data for each item drop as it would be for MindArk to code in the above system.

The Great Adventurer

I think the point you made is correct. We do not know how the loot distrubution happens or if you are 'repayed' later if someone else loots a larger item. But I don't really want this post to end up just what people 'theorise' how the loot distribution is determined.

At the end of the day, when you form a team, you acknowledge that you are in it together. Regardless of your weapon, armour, healing kit, pills, skills and anything else that you could add into this long and complicated equation.

This spreadsheet is created for a 'short term' hunt. You go out, you hunt, and you agree that no matter what, we both go home with the same percentage. You could have lost, I could have lost, but we are in it together until the team is disbanded.

I did like that you felt that it would be quicker for Mindark to code this into the game that it would be to enter a number into a spreadsheet though. I wish that was true but the reality is we are on our own here. I'm just trying to find a work around until they manage a to create a more visible and transparent group loot system.

Hiho,

just to make sure im not having that sort of saturday morning, there is no link to the sheet for me to fool around with?

Second thing, you can fix the title by editing the first post. Just fiddle with the edit some, i know its possible somehow.

cheers

Hi there Thark

Right now there's no link, I was just interested in people's thoughts on the idea of it. If anyone wants a link, just DM me and I can share the document on Google Sheets to you to take a look.

It's still in 'Beta' so to speak so I didn't want to actually release anything to the public yet.

And I checked the first post but still couldn't figure out how to edit the title .. haha

Back