The all important armor decay

Tigerman

Edward Lorenz
Society
Imperial Dreams
After having used most of the armor sets in the game, except the animal series, i have came up with a theory that i have not heard people talk of before.
The theory is with regards to the decay of armors and the TT vs the durability of the armors.
Say you have two different armor sets (fictional armors, but with differences based on actual sets) with the following stats:

Set 1:
Stab: 40 / 5000 durability
Cut: 40 / 5000 durability
Impact: 40 / 5000 durability
Penetration: 40 / 5000 durability
Set 1 total protection: 160
Set 1 total durability: 20000

Set 2:
Stab: 50 / 5000 durability
Cut: 50 / 5000 durability
Impact: 25 / 5000 durability
Penetration: 25 / 5000 durability
Set 2 total protection: 150
Set 2 total durability: 20000

While set 1 has higher total protection, it has lower protection for mobs that do stab and cut than set 2 does.
Set 2 has lower protection for impact and penetration than set 1.
However, while set 1 has higher total protection, it will protect less on mobs that do stab and cut attacks.

What I have been noticing is that the protection/durability/TT differences from one armor set to another can seem very big, the decay over time in many cases are not as big as the stats would make one think, so my theory is that the TOTAL durability and the TOTAL protection on a set will be the figures to look at, instead of just the "max" numbers.
Set 1 with 160 protection and 20000 durability will come out with 125 durability per protection, while set two will come out with 133 durability per protection.
This, if my theory is correct, will mean that set 2 will decay less when used as an overall armor than set 1 will with the same use.
Of course the decay measured in PEDs will be somwhat affected by the armors TT value.
Another part of this is that one particular mob will do more damage of a certain type than the other types you are protected for, making one stat more significant than another.
Also, if you have two armor sets where all the stats on one of them are 40 protection and all of the stats is 50 protection on the other set, with same durabilities on both sets you might not notice any difference in the decay whatsoever if you hunt mobs that does say 38 damage on the different attack types you are protected for, simply because you dont "max out" the protections. Maybe youll even decay the less protective set more because youre closer to its max protection than you are on the higher protection set even though youll take 1 damage from the mob wearing either of the sets?

Another possibility is that the decay works the same way as a gun - decay per use (hit).
If this is the case, im quite sure the total protection and total durability will affect the outcome quite much, however I find it to be very unlikely to work that way

Another thing to bear in mind is that a complete armor set will have much more "stable" protection than a mixed one.

I have not done any scientific tests on this, but just noticed that two sets with same durability and one of them having much higher "max protection" does not have to show as big difference in decay as the stats migh imply.
Just something to think of, afterall, armors are important.

I have always wondered if the amount of dmg a mob deals changes the amount of decay.

So if I sit getting hit by a argo young at 1dmg per hit, will I get the same decay as if I am getting hit by an adult for 7dmg, or an atrox young for 30dmg.

I think that the protection level might not matter. What matters is durability and tt value? cuz dura is same on all damages if you look.
ofc I can be wrong..

u might wanna check this out...

PECHARTS

ty to roth

The Armor decay chart

Well, the armor decay chart is not correct, that much im sure of.
I know for a fact that the vain set does NOT decay twice as much as the shadow set. I have used both the sets and they decay close to the same as far as i have been able to find. Also, im not sure if the armor decay chart was made with full sets or not wich makes a HUGE difference...

Moser said:
I think that the protection level might not matter. What matters is durability and tt value? cuz dura is same on all damages if you look.
ofc I can be wrong..
Well, I think you are wrong on that one, as you might have 50 protection for stab and 10 protection for burn and the same durability on both. If you take damage that is mainly burn, your armor will decay faster than if you take damage thats mainly stab.
This is a thing you can see quite well if you use an armor set that has high stab and low burn protection for a mob that do stab first and burn afterwards. The decay from a burn dealing mob (robots) will be much lower.
As to the TT of the armor, yes, it does matter, but it seems to be much more complex than only durability and TT value...

Before we do some more tests about this, is it clear about which mobs that don't occure in decay on armor set when they miss?

Do only hits from mobs result in decay nowdays?

All information about armors are interesting, but to investigate this closer, it is very important to have exact damage and type of damage from the mobs.
From help with more ppl who own various sets of armor and plates, it could easy be determinated which damage type that mobs do.

/Kjetil :cool:

Back