The Calypso LA tour of 2008, LA registration

Would you participate in an event like this?

• Yes

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Maybe(post reasons below if you have any)

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Outman

Prowler
Earth DUH! NASA won't sell the moon base till 202
Society
Rising Potentials
Daniel Outman Jackson
The Calypso LA tour of 2008 is a no risk event that I encourage every land owner out there to take a part in. Currently many LA's have very few contests, due to the owners not having time to plan a contest or the fact that many contests end up being not too popular and cost the event creator more then he makes.
So my idea is to make a weekly LA globalathonin, in this event players will get points for scoring globals, HoFs and ATHs on a certain LA. Each week a new LA will be choosen and players will start over again fighting for that top spot on the leader boards. The rules will be very simple any player can join, any global counts be it mining or hunting, and the global must occur on the designated LA. Prizes will be handed out will be for the highest total loot(all globals added up), the highest HoF or ATH and the highest markup item looted. If a second, third and fourth place prize is given out remains to be seen.
Up till now this sounds like a regular event, but here is where that all changes. Each LA will play a part in a wacky storyline that will hopefully take players all over Amethera, and maybe even farther. The story will be affected by the player. For example if a highly valued item is looted there may be mob riots all over the LA, due to other mobs getting mad about how an item was "stolen" from them. In this case the LA spawn would be jacked up (these things are covered in the budget for this event so LA owners will not have to pay for this). There also may be instances were due to a high rate of kills mobs will flee from a hunter before they are even seen, maybe in their hurry the mob may drop some of it loot ;). The sky is the limit!
Anyway that is the event that I had in mind, if any land owners are interested in have thier land area visited during this event please contact me. The costs for entering your LA into this event will be based on the globals, HoFs and ATHs gotten on your land(so no risk to you). For example if a player gets a 100 ped global and posts it, maybe .5% of the global value would go to the event prize(I am willing to work something out with you).

I just added a poll hopefully this will show land owners that players are interested in events like this. If nothing else maybe some LA owners will consider hosting some sort of ongoing story involving their LA(I would be glad to help out with this).
Also for land owners if the fee of .5% of a global seems to too high let me know, I am not interested in making personal profit. I just want to make some nice prizes for an event. Any other ideas to help make this event better are welcome.

Also for land owners if the fee of .5% of a global seems to too high let me know, I am not interested in making personal profit. I just want to make some nice prizes for an event. Any other ideas to help make this event better are welcome.

I'm guessing you mean 5%? as 0.5% of globals wont make much of a prize pool. ;)

Very interesting idea, i'll keep an eye on this thread

Well I think I could get enough with .5%, if you consider the amount of globals that can be gotten in a week. Although I may change it to biweekly as to let the prize pool build up a bit.

As most Land Areas have tax rates of 5.0% or less, a 5% prize pool drawn from any global would almost guarantee a loss for any participating Land Owner.

Outman, have you considered what effect the addition of 19 active Land Areas will have on your event dynamics? You may want to consider delaying the launch of your event until a few weeks after Land Grab for when the situation has stabilised. Certainly I doubt you will get much interest from the big hunters during the Land Grab itself.

As most Land Areas have tax rates of 5.0% or less, a 5% prize pool drawn from any global would almost guarantee a loss for any participating Land Owner.

Outman, have you considered what effect the addition of 19 active Land Areas will have on your event dynamics? You may want to consider delaying the launch of your event until a few weeks after Land Grab for when the situation has stabilised. Certainly I doubt you will get much interest from the big hunters during the Land Grab itself.

Yes, this is just the planning stage. I was hoping to take a week or two to see how much interest there is. After the LG I will start planning when to start this, I can't see it starting earlier then March most likely it will start half way through March. I also plan to still be taking count of the LAs that wish to participate after the LG, this way societies can enter the land they won.
I should also mention that the percent taken from a global will most likely be .5%. This should leave plenty of room for the land owner to make a nice profit(probably higher then on normal weeks). My goal is to draw in as many players as possible. The prizes will be varied to give every player newbie-uber a chance to win a prize, this way there will hopefully be a large enough quantity of globals and HoFs that .5% is more then enough.

Last edited:
Any LA owners interested? If you don't want your spawn messed with or something I understand, and will stay away from spawned based story lines.

Still allowing LAs to sign up, come on guys this is no risk! Reward those that hunt and mine at your LA!

Back