The Class system

Spawn

Slayer
Society
The Ministry
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
With "the thing" a new system is introduced: The class system. You get to choose to become a scientist or a soldier.
If you choose scientist you are only able to handle a pistol and gain more clearance access to certain areas, choose soldier and you get to handle the assault rifle and basically find all doors closed.
Ofcourse at this moment it only applies to cinema visitors, because we simply get the weapons from the tt and shoot either gun anyway.

But this could be a reasonable future development. Choosing your avatar with certain characteristics which makes it impossible to do certain things. It would give the economy a boost, because you need other people to do certain things for you. And it's a nice nerf and Mindark needs a nerf in every vu.

Right now certain items are not useable in certain areas. weapons from the thing don't function elsewhere, and other weapons/tools don't function in Ancient Greece . Or only weapons from a certain planet work. Bamf shotguns are skyrocketing in markup due to The thing right now. Maybe in the future calypso weapons will only function on calypso..

This could also be made avatar-specific. Maybe we get forced to choose a certain class in the near future, and then poof, you gain certain abilities and other abilities taken away. (like not being able to use a mod-merc because you chose poorly). The weapon will be in your inventory, but it will be shaded, because you lack the ability to train handgun.

I think your adding more layers to what is already a complex scheme.
Cheers

I think its brilliant but I wouldnt like to see it implemented on Calypso. But on another planet would be fine.

Lots of different games - both in forms of destinations inside planetary systems and as whole planetary systems - will be delivered on the EU platform. The "Spanish" planet will be much different to any previous, with focus on space and space factions, etc. Ultimately, there will be planets where our existing gear will be useless. It will depends then on us choosing where we go. planets that interoperate well with calypso are far more likely to get my decay then others.

Classes suck.

I want to be able to develop any skill in game and only be limited by my time and devotion to a profession, not by actions or decisions I took in the (distant) past.

/Slupor

If people have complained over multiple avatars before, just think what
gonna happens if we are restricted to what we can do... ;)

Classes suck.

I want to be able to develop any skill in game and only be limited by my time and devotion to a profession, not by actions or decisions I took in the (distant) past.

/Slupor
Couldn't have said it better myself...

Classes suck.

/Slupor

The tornado is comming, get the beat going an jazz it up for reality and the now:)
The past is what it has been and no reason to impair the future;)

Classes suck.

/Slupor

This.

On every planet.

Enforced by MindArk in some way.

Not left up to planet partners to goof up.

The race/class/etc. are absolutely depressing. Next to the real cash economy, I think the free spirited, non-linear atmosphere was really the heart of pre-Mission/Achievement Entropia. Entropia is now becoming a different game than pre-Mission/Achievement Entropia, and I miss my old Entropia. Even though I have always been a non-depositing niblet with a small PED Card and almost no skills, I kinda feel like I was able to stay in the "honeymoon phase" of Entropia for almost 3 years. Looking at the future of EU, I think the end of that feeling is about to hit hard. I guess it happens to everyone for some reason or another.

Linearity is great in The Legend of Zelda. It's great in Sonic the Hedgehog. It's great in games that you play for 50 hours. It's great in games that are compiled onto your disk, and are still the same game each time you turn on the TV.

Linearity is terrible in games where you live with the consequences of your decisions for years. And it's worse yet in games where the code could be changed by the developers each time you run it. You can never even have all the information necessary to properly make a game-altering decision in Entropia. MindArk/planet partners are making the game up as they go. You'd be making an important decision, blindly.

Edit: 1000th post =)

Last edited:
Classes suck.

/Slupor

Ditto.

I got so bored in wow raiding with one class, so I made multiple toons with different classes, and realized I couldn't do things I needed to do playing on one class at a time, so I ended up multi-boxing 5 accounts with the same and different mixed class configurations to do pvp and dungeons by myself, then I ultimately got bored with that :laugh:

The thing I always liked about this game was the open ended freedom I felt having the ability to do anything I wanted when I wanted with seemingly no limits or restrictions besides how much you wanted to spend or how much time you had to do something to gain skills and gear to progress. I would not like this to become a game of classes or whatever restrictions. It pisses me off enough to go to another planet and have my stuff disabled or removed.

Yes please restrict my access to parts of the game as what we all want is less choice :rolleyes:

Classes suck.

/Slupor

Completely agree.

One of the strengths of Entropia is the ability to become a top hunter / miner / crafter or a mix of all 3 without restricting yourself.

More Than a Game
Entropia Universe

Entropia Universe is an advanced 3D online virtual environment with a developed planetary system and one universal Real Cash Economy system. Each planet offers a wide variety of exciting entertainment. You can travel between the planets through space and socialize with people from all over the world.

It does not cost anything to join and there are no subscription fees. The Entropia Universe economy is built on an advanced micro-payment system, giving you as a participant a great freedom-o-choice.

Quoted that from the front page of entropiauniverse.com notice the bolded part, I personally like that element of this game :)

With "the thing" a new system is introduced: The class system. You get to choose to become a scientist or a soldier.
If you choose scientist you are only able to handle a pistol and gain more clearance access to certain areas, choose soldier and you get to handle the assault rifle and basically find all doors closed.

1) Can soldiers use rifles and pistols, or just rifles?

Ofcourse at this moment it only applies to cinema visitors, because we simply get the weapons from the tt and shoot either gun anyway.

2) What are "cinema visitors"?

More questions to come once someone answers these simple ones. I just need to get my info straight so I can start my riot against races/classes. =D

Last edited:
1) Can soldiers use rifles and pistols, or just rifles?

2) What are "cinema visitors"?

More questions to come once someone answers these simple ones. I just need to get my info straight so I can start my riot against races/classes. =D

1 soldiers can only pick up the rifle from the table.. scientists can only pick up the pistol from the table.
Mind you: these are the free weapons. regardless of your initial choice, you can still buy both from the tt.

2 cinema visitors are ppl coming to the thing, by means of going to the website for the movie the thing and then clicking on the game. These ppl are generally not entropians, but just ppl interested in the movie and clicking the link to play the game.

edit... looks like universal went with another game.. it's called station survival and is not 'our' hunt the thing... link here http://www.thethingmovie.net/game/

Last edited:
grrr

the whole reason i came to this game orginally was because i got bored with wow and all the other games that limit what the user can and can not do. i love the freedom of choice that this game gives us and i for one would be against this

I want to be able to do whatever is possible to do.

No class restrictions, no race restrictions, freedom of choice !!!!!

Go away stupiz play WoW !

the whole reason i came to this game orginally was because i got bored with wow and all the other games that limit what the user can and can not do. i love the freedom of choice that this game gives us and i for one would be against this

Well said, I wish I had the time to write up one of my multi page arguments on the matter, but I just don't nowadays. :(

I like EU because it doesn't have restrictions and limitation such a 'class' systems and predefined and required progression and story paths. I find games that are built in that manner to be incredibly boring and not a challenging mental exercise.

as for 'hunt the thing', I didn't really notice any difference between the choice (I picked scientist). the story was okay as an introduction, but there wasn't much for new people to do, once they finished the missions.

Back