The New Hangar Rule

safara

Mutated
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Angel Spike Sunny
Hangars

In order to be able to operate a spaceship, the hangar needs to be unrestricted.

Does this mean that only the avatar whom is holding the deed can fly the ship?

Last edited:
Hangars
Spacecraft are no longer locked to their home hangars. Spacecraft can now travel to any hangar the spacecraft owner may own.

In order to be able to operate a spaceship, the hangar needs to be unrestricted.

Does this mean that only the avatar whom is holding the deed can fly the ship?

I read it as: "If you have more than one hangar, your ships can fly to any of them".

As in: If I have one hangar in Echidna and one on TI, Even if I use the ship that originated from Echidna, I can fly it back to TI.

I'm just wondering how many people have more than one hangar...

but what is the implication of having to set the hanger to "unrestricted". im not sure how the current "rental system " works, but doesnt it rely on setting the estate to a particular state?

So what will happen when you try to land a ship in a hangar where there is already one?

Will the other be destroyed like the jump clones in [another game] ?

Tussi

Yes Aridash - this is the bolded bit I was asking about.

Previously it was something like....

Owner sets hangar to restricted to "trade" hangar.
Owner logs in to Rentors account (or has a second Pilot avatar)
Transfers Deed
Claims Hangar - then sets it to restricted again.
Trades deed back to Owner - BUT DOES NOT CLAIM IT

Rentor can log back in and use hangar, without having the actual deed. If there are any problems the Owner can just Claim the hangar back and regain controll.

It was something like that anyway - but with having to have it set to unrestriced, only the deed holder can fly. So without huge collateral, renting in this manner will be dead.

Good, less competition when flying.

( sorry just had to ... )

Great Ive had this problem for years with my 18 hangars and only 5 ships.. now i can park em where ever i want.. *irony* was this reallt a BIG problem?
isnt this like "where do i park my 17th Ferarri: my garage only holds 16":D

great now i can park 5 of my ships on cnd and use the last one... then i can chose where i want to land ;)

im sure the old way of "renting" the hangars will still work.

Great Ive had this problem for years with my 18 hangars and only 5 ships.. now i can park em where ever i want.. *irony* was this reallt a BIG problem?

I can make room in my Garage If needed but you need to leave the keys with me :lolup:

Seems like renting is dead

Yes Aridash - this is the bolded bit I was asking about.

Previously it was something like....

Owner sets hangar to restricted to "trade" hangar.
Owner logs in to Rentors account (or has a second Pilot avatar)
Transfers Deed
Claims Hangar - then sets it to restricted again.
Trades deed back to Owner - BUT DOES NOT CLAIM IT

Rentor can log back in and use hangar, without having the actual deed. If there are any problems the Owner can just Claim the hangar back and regain controll.

It was something like that anyway - but with having to have it set to unrestriced, only the deed holder can fly. So without huge collateral, renting in this manner will be dead.

That sounds like the method of renting I have seen.

Since there was no VU note of "Deeds can be traded without restricting estate" my guess is that hangars are owner operated only now.

Art

Actually a first step to more destinations....

This seems like a small first step to possibly making a space port somewhere.

Better to make sure they know how to add destinations and detect ships already there before they create a spaceport.

Art/

I really hope we will see a revamp of the hangar/spaceship utililzation and new features to make it a lot easier (and fun) to be a pilot.

As it is now it is too much hazzle and too boring for most people to be pilots for long.

This could also be used by Mall owners who own a hangar to land a ship on their landing pad at the mall, possibly? ;)

I think this is more a way of bringing the flight costs in line with Hangar prices or Vise Versa--It is also another step in avoiding some scams/fraudulent activities. Granted the previous version allows a Deed owner to rent his hangar in a somewhat safe way BUT he still took the risk in giving the deed to the rentee in the first place--If he did require collateral at that time then why not allow the deed holder to keep the collateral throughout the duration of the rental? More than that-Say I wanted a loan on my Hangar--Sure is nice to have the money from the bank AND the ability to Fly too--This prevents that scenario from happening now and is more likely the reasoning behind the rule change. Either way we will see how this pans out for the community.

This could also be used by Mall owners who own a hangar to land a ship on their landing pad at the mall, possibly? ;)

That makes a lot of sense :).

This update to the hangars will make some people happy and others quite unhappy. So far, it looks like more unhappy than happy!

Gruesome discussion about something that only 2 players can use :rolleyes:

I guess - you can land your spacecraft to any hangar that is yours and has unrestricted access.

Therefore - when you rent it out you can not land there with your other 20 spacecrafts till you claim it back. Bohooo, tear shed, issue forgotten.

I.

Known Issues 9.1
11 Dec 2007

Space Travel
The update of the space flight system has corrected a bug which allowed hangar owners to let other participants fly their ships. This is no longer possible. The correction was necessary in order to make future development of this system possible.

This answers my question :)

This seems like a small first step to possibly making a space port somewhere.

i think both of these apply.

buying hangar 10k :deal:

well we can wish... not sure anyone will let one go that cheap. We will have to see how many land lords work out what that they have profited on rent so far, but its been my observation that most people in game are not this sophisticated.

Known Issues 9.1
11 Dec 2007

Space Travel
The update of the space flight system has corrected a bug which allowed hangar owners to let other participants fly their ships. This is no longer possible. The correction was necessary in order to make future development of this system possible.

*cough berthing fees at stations cough*

Back