The Powers that Be ma/fpc

sdragonfire

Alpha
I think theres confusion with the playerbase how the companies are broken down and even I get confused on who controls what but heres how I think its broken down please corect me if i'm wrong and I'll edit

MA​
* Controls the loot balancing for all planets, this includes drop rates, return percentage, ATHs etc.
* They control mob AI and avatar animations (i think)
* Control of code and bug fixes
* In charge of servers
* Checking tool/weapon balances so no planets can make too uber items

FPC​
* Controls the way the land looks
* Controls what spawns go where
* Controls what the mobs look like/mob types (i think)
* Creation of items, tools and weapons

Not Sure​
* Profession Systems
* Day/Night cycles
* Weather
* Sound effects

I think FPC has the same control that all planet owners will have with their planets, and MA gets a percentage from each planets income/decay.

sidenote
I see lotsa threads that complain to marco bout balance/loot etc, but is he really in control of these things? I think thats barking up the wrong tree since hes part of FPC and not MA or am I wrong?

If this is correct then the only way to give suggestions for loot balancing etc would be via support cases, what do you think?

Last edited:
Yes you are correct with that.

A few days ago I explained that too in a topic where ppl blame Marco for the loot. Marco/FPC has no direct decissions or direct control on code, bug fixes or loot.

I think MindArk are also in charge of servers, and checking item balances so no planet partners can make too uber items? :silly2:

Might be wrong though :)

I think theres confusion with the playerbase how the companies are broken down and even I get confused on who controls what but heres how I think its broken down please corect me if i'm wrong and I'll edit

MA​
Controls the loot balancing for all planets, this includes drop rates, return percentage, ATHs etc.
They control mob AI and avatar animations (i think)
In charge of servers
Checking item balances so no planets can make too uber items

FPC​
Controls the way the land looks, what spawns go where, what the mobs look like/mob types (i think)

I think FPC has the same control that all planet owners will have with their planets and MA gets a percentage from each planets income/decay.

sidenote
I see lotsa threads that complain to marco bout balance/loot etc, but is he really in control of these things? I think thats barking up the wrong tree since hes part of FPC and not MA or am I wrong?

If this is correct then the only way to give suggestions for loot balancing etc would be via support cases, what do you think?

Sounds reasonable to me, ty for sharing this info.

Yep, you got it right. :D Complaint about mutant's dangly bits? FPC. Complaint about loot (What loot?) distribution? MA.

[/QUOTE]sidenote

If this is correct then the only way to give suggestions for loot balancing etc would be via support cases, what do you think?[/QUOTE]

yeah marco is not the one who makes someone poor ... but u can complain at him about the missing pet VU :scratch2:

2010 i cant wait ;)

yeah marco is not the one who makes someone poor ... but u can complain at him about the missing pet VU :scratch2:

2010 i cant wait ;)

I'm pretty sure profession systems like taming vu would fall in MAs court and not FPCs, but not 100% sure. If it was in FPCs court i'm sure it would have to be approved by MA beforehand. So not really sure where to add professions especailly since it seems they are same professions even on the new planets websites, that would lead me to believe its in MAs court. Lets see what others say before I add it, or mabye a not sure column would be better:)

I'm pretty sure profession systems like taming vu would fall in MAs court and not FPCs, but not 100% sure.

Marco said that they will probably improve taming before they introduce it... And I think it will come early 2010? :silly2:

would be nice if we could get a breakdown of how all these systems work from Marco if he's reading :)

Posted via Mobile Device

You think he meant they as MA or FPC? Which do you think profession systems falls under?

FPC, since not all planet partners will have the exact same professions, right? :scratch2:

FPC, since not all planet partners will have the exact same professions, right? :scratch2:

i found so far no difrence profession and the info about em. its same at the FPC site i think , just taming is empty on the next island site ...

i found so far no difrence profession and the info about em. its same at the FPC site i think , just taming is empty on the next island site ...

Well, with Next Island featuring time travel which will make you unable to use laser weapons, I guess we might get some bow skills and such instead?

MA/FPC has said before that some professions will not work on all planets, and that some planets might have their own professions...

Marco confirmed in a thread a few days ago that FPC has no control over mob AI.

It's sounding more and more that the P.P's have little control other than the textures / models and items. Anything that is fundamental to the way EU works is fully under MA's control.

Not Sure

* Profession Systems
* Day/Night cycles
* Weather
* Sound effects

I think most those would be under FPC control as they don't change the way EU works. Profession systems would likely be MA to prevent unbalancing of skills. For instance if one planet had a profession that only worked on their planet but it affected HP then it could lead to an imbalance if they allowed it to grow faster in respect to others.

Last edited:
Back