Question: The Price of ME

Society
Torchwood
Barnabus Von'Erik
Can someone please enlighten me on this. I was in game most of this last weekend. Only a handful of players where on in any given area. Not near as many numbers as I have seen in previous VU 10 plays.

No sweating, and Chips are not functioning.... So why does the game still have a markup of 155% for ME for Today? Is someone really out there selling a fuel for chips that don't work right now? I guess at some future date the chips will start working again, but wouldn't the price for this be way down because it's not currently being used and no end date on when/if it will come back?

This just adds to the theory that the game lies.

This just adds to the theory that the game lies.

You have got to be kidding me....."the game lies?????????????"

Explain

Rgds

Ace

PS unless of course you are like falcu and believe the world is against you...then please carry on

???I dont understand your comment:scratch2:. Why would the price go down, just because the chips are not yet functioning? If it did then what is to stop someone just buying all of it and then hiking the price up when they do eventually function and make a killing? I think you have your reasoning wrong. The price WOULD go down if they were not putting the chips back in, but thats not the case, therefore prices remain as they are.

The game lies is also a bizarre comment, because M/E price is dictated by the buyers/sellers and NOT with Mindark.

Ok poor choice of wording.

Shouldn't the price be 0.00 or NONE? I just find it hard to believe anyone would be out there buying ME for a decent price when the CHIPS don't function right now.

Shouldn't the price be 0.00 or NONE? I just find it hard to believe anyone would be out there buying ME for a decent price when the CHIPS don't function right now.

Because of no usage these days, price of ME decreases.
It seems obvious that it is good time for ME users to stock a little.
So demand is not NONE.

Supply is not NONE also since force Nexus is still mined, and everybody has some Sweat bottles in his storage.

We have demand, we have supply, we have a market. ;)

Chips can be used again after one or two weeks. :yay:

You should put it the other way round:
The MU for ME has come down significantly due to non-current demand.
All current MU is due to the fact that a significant amount of players believe, that ME -once refined- will always be ME, even if it needs to be refined from different raw materials in the future.
Call it speculative - but basically that's not any different from spot trading on NYMEX in RL.

With that way of thinking.... Wouldn't sweat prices be through the roof for those who didn't have a supply in storage? :scratch2:

No one wants to sell ME for NONE.. as they toss some ME on the auction for 200% BO..

Theres alot less on the auction now than pre vu10.... and for what its worth, I drop in once a while and pick up some relatively cheap ME, even though chips doesnt work atm

We are quite sure that in less than 2 month ME will be useful as before.. so ME price can maybe decrease just a little bit..

I wasn't trying to say that ME was worthless or that it should be selling for nothing.

What I was pointing out was that all 3 days this weekend I was on ME had a price of 155% or more.

I have seen other item prices for other things show as ---- meaning it didn't sell today, but had a weekly price, or even a monthly price. I was just shocked that ME was still being actively traded when it has no use.

It would be like buying gas for your car even though it was broke down.

I don't buy things in game unless i have a need for them. It just seemed odd to me that this would still be selling. Of course it could have been very few sales. The tracker doesn't show volume of sales, only the average going price.

I don't buy things in game unless i have a need for them. It just seemed odd to me that this would still be selling. Of course it could have been very few sales. The tracker doesn't show volume of sales, only the average going price.

Me neither. But how many people IRL fill up their heating oil during summer time in anticipation of a serious price increase during October? Plenty of people.
So again, how is that any different?

It's different because everyone knows winter is coming on a pretty set schedule.

We don't get a rumor that winter may be coming around Christmas, but not until another update of the world. lol

I have seen other item prices for other things show as ---- meaning it didn't sell today, but had a weekly price, or even a monthly price. I was just shocked that ME was still being actively traded when it has no use.

It would be like buying gas for your car when the roads are closed.. all you need to do is wait for the roads to open again, and your good to go

And theres plenty of people ingame, havign a few peds on the card, who "gambles" that prices is a bit cheaper now, as no one need ME, and buy, thinking of the future.

It's different because everyone knows winter is coming on a pretty set schedule.

We don't get a rumor that winter may be coming around Christmas, but not until another update of the world. lol

It's clearly slightly more speculative. However, from experience you can assume, that -whatever MF will look like in the future- it is more unlikely than likely that MA would nerf current ingame ME.
I myself do not participate in this speculation bubble game, but I do see the point of others doing so.
To make the long story short: the fact that the markup has come down significantly as well as the fact that ME trading has stabilized on a lower level proves, that there is a functional ingame market. That's what I love the game for.

And theres plenty of people ingame, havign a few peds on the card, who "gambles" that prices is a bit cheaper now, as no one need ME, and buy, thinking of the future.

Too true.

I don't speculate in this game. I'm sure there are people out there making PED like crazy doing this, but I play it have fun. I like the hunting and mining of this game. I will never be a rich player, and I'm ok with that.

Back