The real truth behind all of this

Johned

Elite
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Zarcon "Zar" Greyman
Even before the blinding light began to fade I could tell that this was no ordinary revive. My brain was fuzzy and I struggled to remember what had happened. My eyes were still closed the after effects of the revival light patterns still etched into them.

I shook my head in an attempt to clear my thoughts and groaned when the pain hit. Ya this was no normal revive, I had only felt this type of stabbing pain a few times before. Something had happened, something that kept "me" in some Lootius forsaken RDI storage device for far longer than I should have been.

Slowly things started to come back to me, my comrades fighting beside me against the robot menace. We had fought back invasions many times but something was different this time or else I would not be waking up this way. I began to remember as flashes of the last "war" began to bring themselves to the surface of my memory. A gigantic war ship, the most massive attack on our planet yet had begun. Those incompetents of the Federal Imperial Navy announced they were going to save us, yet almost as soon we heard they were helpless and turned and ran like a fugabarba that had just seen its own shadow.

Soon reports were coming in, the robots were sending the most massive warship that had ever been seen. To make things worse, it sounded like it was on a collision course for our beloved planet and there was nothing we could do to stop it. I remember nonstop fighting along with nonstop partying as we celebrated our friendships and victories. I remember standing at my birthplace of Fort Troy staring up into the sky as the moment of impact arrived. The ground began to tremble under my feet and then moments later I felt the rushing heat as an enormous windstorm swept me off my feet. I felt a tremendous blow to my belly as a chirpy slammed into me at a high velocity. There was no sound just the surreal wind storm full of dirt and debris that impacted me and took me to nothingness.

As the memories faded I realized that the essence that made up "me" had somehow been saved, which is why I am back, I opened my eyes and slowly stood. Things looked different, my legs felt funny and didn't support my weight they way I expected.

I glanced around the room and saw the full length mirror in front of me. "Fuck me" I exclaimed out loud, my voice sounding completely different to my ears, as I realized I was in the body modification center. I had been through this process twice before and knew that references to my original body must have been corrupted or RDI had made a radical change to the revival system and required tuning of our bodies to compensate. I am certainly not vain, but a guy kind of gets used to his looks after a while and every time this happens you are just not quite the same. Not to mention you can walk right past your best mate and not recognize them. I mumbled under my breath as the technicians began to work on me. They asked me a series of questions and this time I was able to remember my name when they asked, not like the first time when I had lost almost all of my memories. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/achievements/88089-blinding-white-light-birth.html

During the reconstruction the tech's chatted, telling me what had transpired since the impact. Five years had gone by, the forces on the planet nearly tore it apart. RDI had been working nonstop to repair as much damage as they could and to rebuild our beloved planet so we could be revived to begin anew. Aspects of this story bothered me and did not make a lot of sense, I mean who ever heard of RDI repairing any damaged equipment successfully let alone an entire planet.

I had always had my doubts about what our government told us and enjoyed sharing in the conspiracy theories and jokes of my comrades as we sat around at the EF club. At one point I began collecting any evidence I could that might lead to proof that our government was not telling us everything. After I managed to collect a complete set of the Duchev logs and studied them until the words were practically burned into my brain I felt like I was almost there, I almost had it figured out. Each time I got close to completing the puzzle I would suffer from an immense pain in my skull and find myself back at a revive wondering what had just happened.

My memory does not go back to my childhood, my life on the so called Earth everyone talks about, or to any point before the time I arrived at Exodus station. I know there was life before that, the only thing I remember are those gray men that filled my vision when I revived that first time. I dream about them and wake up with a start, the memories fading before my mind can store them for analysis. For the longest time after I revived I thought these grey men I dreamt about were bots, but not like any bots I have seen before on Calypso. Some earlier prototype perhaps, I never could see it clearly, but after this last revive I am having the vision more and more often and I feel like I am close to figuring it out.

I was transported to Treasure Island and as I looked around my mouth fell open. This was not the place I remembered, this is not what I expected, and the technology was as alien as the landscape. Sure some things looked familiar like the service center, but the mechanics of everything was different. "Hoggloshit", I mumbled as I looked around at the new equipment. I wasn't just revived yesterday, I know those morons at RDI can't make these kind of technology advances in 5 years! In five years they weren't even able to fix minor bugs with our interfaces, let alone redesign almost every item of equipment used in our daily lives.

I walked out of the service center to begin my explorations. I had walked no more than a few kilometers when I noticed gravity seemed different. My muscles seemed to act differently and I could barely manage to climb an incline I could have ran up before, it was as if it took more effort because Calypso was pulling harder on me.
Could the disaster have shifted the planet enough to increase gravity? That did not seem possible, but I was going to do my best to find out. I found a path and began to follow it and as I walked along I suddenly stopped and started to stare down at my feet. "How the Akbal-Cimi could this be?" I asked myself. I had traipsed around the planet and this very area for years and never had there been such a path. I soon found these paths all over the planet as I saw old forts and outposts that looked familiar but unfamiliar, to the new and bizarre cities that I never could have imagined.

We were just now being sent down to Calypso from Exodus, there had been no time to build such complex paths across the continent. In fact the more I thought about it I realized, the immense mountains that had arisen out of nothingness, the impossibly changed landscape, the familiarity of some of the old mixed in with the futuristic, the increased gravity, even the air and sounds were different. I think those grey men had something to do with this. Just as I had that thought I felt a blinding pain in my head and found myself standing at a revive trying to remember what I had just been thinking.

I continued to explore and thought about those grey men more and more often, I don't think they were the robots from Akbal-Cimi that we have been taught to fear, in fact I am not sure there really is an Akbal-Cimi. I think we are part of a big experiment, a project if you will. A project ran by these grey men, watching us to see how we react when changes are made and when we begin to figure it out?

When we begin to figure it out we make a trip to exodus, portions of our mind changed so we forget what we had figured out. The bastards at RDI are watching me, they are watching you! There are NO new arrivals on Calypso, they are our friends that have disappeared to never be heard of again. They found out something about RDI, they got to close to the truth and soon they find themselves as a new arrival, their memories wiped out and they blindly start all over again. I finally managed to recover some of the lost data from Dr. Duchev's logs. It was not much, just two letters MA, I think that is the code designation for some secret organization within RDI, the organization that is behind this massive conspiracy.

We must begin sharing this information with each other and raise awareness with the rest or we may never break free of this evil project conjured up by those madmen at MA/RDI. Be careful who you talk to lest you find yourself back at the new arrival zone with no memory of your past.

The pain in my head is starting again ...

I have to say I love this!

A well written and amusing story that made me laugh out looud in places.

+rep to you. :wtg:

great story look forward to reading more of them

Good work mate ;)

Awesome fan fic, blending the serious and humorous seamlessly.

Nice work and easy reading :)

Back